The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I didn't even know that the two locations were differently themed. WTF? Why?

I thought about that location a little bit, and then it dawned on me that it's only like 5 storefronts south of a strip club.

View attachment 356026
That's so stereotypical southern strip. It's mandatory there's a courthouse within 500 feet.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is total bullshit you know. Fish is frozen on the ship these days and it makes no difference how far you are from the ocean. All sushi fish is required to be frozen even on the coasts to kill parasites.
sushi places always have the tables way too close together. I can't count the number of times I've overheard other diners asking about, or commenting about, how fresh the fish is.

I'm sitting there like (a) no theres no such thing as fresh fish in sushi and (b) you don't really want fresh fish in sushi. Theres a good reason its flash frozen on the boat minutes after its caught.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Since I didn't get any reply I scienced a 20 piece of nuggies last night. The cajun sauce had a nice flavor to it, but not much by way of heat. The sweet chili sauce was hotter, but still not much heat. I would put it at slightly less heat than the hot mustard.

RecklessDownrightCusimanse-size_restricted.gif

How do you make a Cajun sauce that is milder than hot mustard?

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
RecklessDownrightCusimanse-size_restricted.gif

How do you make a Cajun sauce that is milder than hot mustard?
I destroy a jar of this every Thanksgiving. Now that I think of it, never had spicy food on that holiday that I can think of, but thanksgiving has always been a shrine to the mustard and horseradish type heat. I don't think I've ever had anything at MC'Ds as hot as this jar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone ever try Terriyaki Madness? We have one opening up in a couple weeks.
Their spicy is super crazy spicy to me unless they somehow messed it up. But I was instantly in stomache distress. In general, I'd rather just hit a tokyo joe's as far as chains, they are fine. But just sorta pricy for what you get vs if you can find just a simple ethnically ran mall/strip mall bowl place.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
sushi places always have the tables way too close together. I can't count the number of times I've overheard other diners asking about, or commenting about, how fresh the fish is.

I'm sitting there like (a) no theres no such thing as fresh fish in sushi and (b) you don't really want fresh fish in sushi. Theres a good reason its flash frozen on the boat minutes after its caught.
There's a Parts Unknown episode where Bourdain is in Tokyo talking to a sushi master who says that fresh fish has no flavor and he freezes his fish for 2 weeks then uses it and everyone thinks he just got it from the ocean. He even explains sushi is all about the rice and fish is just an addition.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There's a Parts Unknown episode where Bourdain is in Tokyo talking to a sushi master who says that fresh fish has no flavor and he freezes his fish for 2 weeks then uses it and everyone thinks he just got it from the ocean. He even explains sushi is all about the rice and fish is just an addition.
Dunno none of that stuff, but my numerous boating adventures make me extremely sure that fish straight out of the ocean is delicious.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Sure, actually I've eaten plenty of fresh yellowtail sashimi in CA. I agree its tasty. I wonder a little about what parasites I might have gotten from it but dont lose any sleep over it.

If I owned a restaurant I sure wouldnt want to serve raw fish that hadnt been frozen, though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most sushi higher-class places use commercial or even medical-grade freezers on their fish. I doubt you could tell it had ever been frozen.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I destroy a jar of this every Thanksgiving. Now that I think of it, never had spicy food on that holiday that I can think of, but thanksgiving has always been a shrine to the mustard and horseradish type heat. I don't think I've ever had anything at MC'Ds as hot as this jar.

My brain refused to read that as anything other than Colonel's Mustard the first two times I tried to read it.

1622564572449.png

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay tried Teriyaki Madness Mad Spicy Chicken last night.

Mad Spicy is too spicy in the sense that they tried really hard to capture the "extra spicy" flavor but in doing so it just doesn't taste very good. Which I hate. Otherwise, it was acceptable. Next time I'll just get the spicy chicken though.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There’s also a Bourdain episode where he says the only thing needed for a good steak is lots of butter.

Probably some middle ground on both the fish and steak stories.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do you put ketchup on your well done steak or something?
Think you interpreted that wrong.

Med Rare or Rare for me. I’m definitely not Mahomes and find any sauce on a steak abhorrent.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Rare to Med rare for me, and a good quality steak needs no sauces and its kind of abhorrent to use one.
Now I love to get me a nice cheap patio steak or something and pan fry that sucker in Teriyaki sauce till it caramelizes and makes a nice flavorful crust on the steak...omg thats good

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He even explains sushi is all about the rice and fish is just an addition.

I agree with this 100%. Yuppie sushi snobs are always talking about how it's all about the fish but you certainly taste the rice more. On top of that most people put so much soy sauce and wasabi on it that you couldn't taste the fish if you tried.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I agree with this 100%. Yuppie sushi snobs are always talking about how it's all about the fish but you certainly taste the rice more. On top of that most people put so much soy sauce and wasabi on it that you couldn't taste the fish if you tried.
Yeah those people crack me the fuck up.

• 2Like