The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've been buying expensive bacon, saving the bacon fat in small mason jars in the freezer, and using it to fry just about everything that one would normally cook in oil or butter. Eggs? Potatoes? Scallops? Everything is better fried in bacon fat, including the Impossible Burger I just ate.

I want to write a cookbook about how to make vegan food edible by frying it in top-shelf bacon fat. Pulled roast pork, or just leftover rib meat from the smokehouse truck down the street also goes really well in vegan lentil soup.

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pot Roast cooked in bacon fat is pretty great. Also makes a very good, low effort fried rice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just eat bacon for breakfast every morning and your pan will be pre-greased for whatever you decide to have for dinner that night!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The limeade at Dillas is solid as well. I like the place, but it feels pricey relative to what you get for a fast food place.
Every now and then I love a good quesadilla, and chipotle used to be the place to go. Then they actually added quesadilla to their menu and ruined everything. Dillas is definitely a niche restaurant, but if you are craving that niche it's a mega win.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Got me a bag of these. Make sure to shake it up, because they naturally self discriminate. All the peanut ones were on top, the peanut butter ones in the middle, and the milk chocolate at the bottom. I thought I was scammed when they were mostly peanut ones until I figured out what was going on.
40000565673_3.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think the local KFC has literally mentally disabled people working there, maybe exclusively. I was pretty stoked when the combination A&W/KFC came to town because we didn't have a fast food chicken place in town. I've had nothing but bad service, wrong orders, etc. at this place but the last one took the cake. I ordered a 3 piece strips combo and 6 buffalo wings. They asked me to pull to the side (this is 100% of the time at this restaurant, never once have they actually given my my food at the window, even when I was the only one in the drive thru). There were two other cars already there waiting. (Checker told me to pull into slot 3, which had the number 3 spray painted on curb and looked like it was done by a 5 year old).

After about 5 minutes, this bewildered looking kid comes out and walks to the first car. After a fairly lengthy talk with them, he came to the second car which also didn't take the food. Then he came to mine. "Did you order a cheeseburger and fries?" . "No, I didn't." He held the bag open and I repeated that that was not my order. Another 5 minutes passes and he brings out the order for car #2 and then comes to my window again and says "Did you get a cheeseburger and fries?". No I did not. He then went back to car #1 and they look pissed off at him and then drive away rapidly. He goes back in the restaurant. About 5 minutes later he comes out again "Did you have the cheeseburger an fries?". "No. I ordered a 3 piece strips combo and 6 buffalo wings". "Sorry, it's going to be a little while" he says and he goes back in. 10 minutes later he comes out with my order. It's what I ordered, but inside the bag is another bag with...you guessed it...a cheeseburger and fries.

To be fair, the food was hot from the fryer, probably because they didn't start cooking it until the 3rd time I turned down the burger and fries. It was pretty decent. I didn't touch the burger and fries though.

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Thanks to whoever recommended jet's pizza. Smashed me an all meaty detroit style. Only complaint was that the sauce wasn't on top, but with the engineering of dumping two marinara cups on top of it I came to a satisfying compromise. Their marinara cups are surprisingly big as well, two was enough to cover a large. Million times better than the pizza hut trash attempt at detroit style, but pizza hut is trash at everything in my city. Might be better elsewhere.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been buying expensive bacon, saving the bacon fat in small mason jars in the freezer, and using it to fry just about everything that one would normally cook in oil or butter. Eggs? Potatoes? Scallops? Everything is better fried in bacon fat, including the Impossible Burger I just ate.

I want to write a cookbook about how to make vegan food edible by frying it in top-shelf bacon fat. Pulled roast pork, or just leftover rib meat from the smokehouse truck down the street also goes really well in vegan lentil soup.
I dont freeze it, but yes mason jar of bacon grease for most things I throw in the skillet. At the point I buy the bacon just for the grease sometimes.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That's what I'm gravitating towards, but I love the spice.
At the moment of truth I did what any reasonable american would do when deciding on which to get, I bought them all. The spicy was definitely the winner. It wasn't super spicey, but flavor was excellent. All the other chicken ones honestly tasted pretty similar to each other, but they were good so not complaining. The pig came with a pineapple bbq that was rather good. The macaroni salad was plain, simple and good, which actually worked nice for me. It went really well with meat in the same bite.

Overall it was pretty good. Definitely earned a spot in the rotation that I'll probably hit up over chinese places when craving teriyaki flavor.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the moment of truth I did what any reasonable american would do when deciding on which to get, I bought them all. The spicy was definitely the winner. It wasn't super spicey, but flavor was excellent. All the other chicken ones honestly tasted pretty similar to each other, but they were good so not complaining. The pig came with a pineapple bbq that was rather good. The macaroni salad was plain, simple and good, which actually worked nice for me. It went really well with meat in the same bite.

Overall it was pretty good. Definitely earned a spot in the rotation that I'll probably hit up over chinese places when craving teriyaki flavor.
It’s a shame they don’t have loco moco. The Hawaiians sure do know their hangover food.

C509093C-15C2-4B3C-BAE0-873B81545239.jpeg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'll second Furry on the Arby's new flatbread sandwich. Sloppy as hell deliciousness.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh I am looking forward to the top one, which is a juicy Tōgarashi chicken burger. Should be reasonably spicy.

Middle one is a Texas burger, of course. It has Bacon and BBQ sauce you see.

1623616992103.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I must have tomato and lettuce on my burgers. It just ain't the same without it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users