The Fast Food Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DQ depends on your local DQ. The DQ near me had great burgers then it burnt down, and they didn't rebuild. The sad thing is they just remodeled the whole place too. Now the lot is a Jimmy John's which is almost worse than Subway for subs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
my requested fathers day meal was two double quarter pounders a large fry and an apple pie.

I don't get em as often as I use to but god damn I love DQPs so much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
DQ's Ice cream is shit tier too, Nasty soft serve bullshit...Havent had an ice cream there in 20+ years
I have Braum's, real Ice cream and they make things that blow DQs shit out of the water.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
DQ's Ice cream is shit tier too, Nasty soft serve bullshit...Havent had an ice cream there in 20+ years
I have Braum's, real Ice cream and they make things that blow DQs shit out of the water.

Braums and Oklahoma Mexican food are the two things I miss the most after 8 years in south Texas.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
sausage egg and cheese mcgriddles

Recent trip to McDs:

I'd like a Sausage McGriddle.
Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle?
No, Sausage McGriddle.
Got it, Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle.
No, just sausage on the McGriddle. The pancake sandwich with just sausage. Sausage McGriddle.
Oh, pancakes? That's actually called hotcakes with sausage.
Uhhhh, no, I don't want hotcakes. Sausage McGriddle.
Okay, got it.

Order the rest of the food, get to the window, there's the plastic container in the bag. Hotcakes with Sausage!

Tell the completely different worker at the pickup window: Got Hotcakes with Sausage, but ordered a Sausage McGriddle.
Oh, you wanted a Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle?
What the... no. Sausage Mcgriddle.
Yeah, Sausage Egg and Chee---?
No, Sausage. Mc. Griddle. You know, the pancake sandwich, with sausage.
Well, if you told them you wanted pancakes that's probably why they got confused! *worker literally huffs off*

Miracle of all miracles, they managed to put a fucking Sausage McGriddle in the bag. Not sure if the entire store of morons glitched in the exact same way or was a Super Troopers like prank to see how many times they could get people to say Sausage McGriddle, but holy shit was a bizarre experience.

• 2Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've basically stopped ordering fast food unless I can do it through a kiosk or online. The typical fast food worker is just too fucking dumb nowadays. It's not worth the hassle of actually talking to someone.

*Edit: except Chick-fil-a obviously because they hire people who can actually form and understand sentences.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Recent trip to McDs:

I'd like a Sausage McGriddle.
Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle?
No, Sausage McGriddle.
Got it, Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle.
No, just sausage on the McGriddle. The pancake sandwich with just sausage. Sausage McGriddle.
Oh, pancakes? That's actually called hotcakes with sausage.
Uhhhh, no, I don't want hotcakes. Sausage McGriddle.
Okay, got it.

Order the rest of the food, get to the window, there's the plastic container in the bag. Hotcakes with Sausage!

Tell the completely different worker at the pickup window: Got Hotcakes with Sausage, but ordered a Sausage McGriddle.
Oh, you wanted a Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle?
What the... no. Sausage Mcgriddle.
Yeah, Sausage Egg and Chee---?
No, Sausage. Mc. Griddle. You know, the pancake sandwich, with sausage.
Well, if you told them you wanted pancakes that's probably why they got confused! *worker literally huffs off*

Miracle of all miracles, they managed to put a fucking Sausage McGriddle in the bag. Not sure if the entire store of morons glitched in the exact same way or was a Super Troopers like prank to see how many times they could get people to say Sausage McGriddle, but holy shit was a bizarre experience.
You have to say sausage mcgriddle, only.

Or

Sausage mcgriddle, no egg, no cheese

You have to say it, like how they would input it in the computer

This is why they should be paid $20 /hr

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can't really imagine taking the time to go to 3 different fast food places then eating it all in a single sitting.

I mean god damn.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Or

Only say "sausage mcgriddle" (as was done multiple times) or say "sausage mcgriddle, only" (and have them think that's the only item being ordered)? But either way, no. How many times do you have to say the exact wording on their menu for them to understand "SAUSAGE MCGRIDDLE!" Said it like three times, only to have it be unrecognizable to them.

It's not like the time my boomer mom ordered a "plain ol hamburger" and they correctly asked "regular hamburger?" and she got flustered and said "I just want one of the small, plain hamburgers" and guess what, she got a regular hamburger with nothing on it, plain, and complained like they'd made the mistake until I set her straight. It's not even like the time my stoned friend hadn't updated his car's clock and it happened to be daylight savings time and he happened to be awake in time for breakfast for the first time in years and the person taking his order was very confused because he'd actually missed breakfast by 58 minutes.

I could understand if you tried to order a Bacon McGriddle, and they said 'bacon egg and cheese McGriddle? Because Bacon McGriddle isn't on their menu.... but Sausage McGriddle is. They were unable to recognize a verbatim order of an item from their menu. Not even "did you want egg and cheese on that?" But them not recognizing the words Sausage or McGriddle unless you also said egg and cheese. Mc... Guh....McGuh-ri...ddle? What is that? Oh, sausaugeeggandcheeseMcGriddle, why didn't you just say so!?

So, no, they don't deserve $20 and hour (not sure if you were serious or sarcastic, but either way, same rant follows). The entire shit industry needs to just fuck off and die if they can't provide an experience that resembles basic, sane human interaction. Up your standards, or up yours!

Places like McDonald's ran thousands of small, better mom-and-pop spots out of business only so we can end up with worse food, constantly fucked up by morons who then insinuate YOU are the problem when you're ordering exact items using exact wording from their menu. And, unsurprisingly, fast food isn't even cheap anymore, which was always the argument, now it's just as or more expensive than a small, local place would have been, only a shit experience in almost every way, almost all of the time.

Except for places like Chic-fil-a that prove you don't have to do everything in a shit-tier way. Meaning places like McDonald's are choosing to give a shit experience, with processed food they got busted for loading full of increasing amounts of unnecessary salt and sugar, that is sometimes good only because you crave a Sausage McGriddle, and the moron can't even recognize a direct, verbatim order from their menu.

Fucking Taco Bell at this point costs more to feed my girlfriend and I than a taco truck that is amazingly good food, remembers your name, is often faster even with as long a line, fresh made food, etc. And Taco Bell of course gets rid of everything good so the only thing edible anymore are basic bean burritos, but don't add sour cream because they'll either forget to add it, or it'll be in one clump at the end. And cheesy bean and rice, add beef, add potatoes (now that they're back, what moron thought to discontinue potatoes). But of course my local Taco Bells are so full of Mexicans the ones taking orders barely speak English, buuuuut they can't manage roll a fucking burrito in any way that resembles food. Here's your vaguely mexican oat-meat folded square of food product! (partial bait for someone to 'aktually' that burritos are actually American, no Mexican, so I can point out you know these people in their 40s working fast food have been in America for decades, so are familiar with burritos, but still haven't learned to speeka tha Engrish).

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
AKA white people.

To be fair, last time we were in Spokane (pretty white area) the Chic-Fil-A they had one black dude and he was very polite and articulate. Which I know is racist to point out a black person being articulate, but the shocking thing was more than he was a teenager and articulate. But, yeah, spoke the white man's language saying 'my pleasure' and being all polite an shit like a normal, respectable human being.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, last time we were in Spokane (pretty white area) the Chic-Fil-A they had one black dude and he was very polite and articulate. Which I know is racist to point out a black person being articulate, but the shocking thing was more than he was a teenager and articulate. But, yeah, spoke the white man's language saying 'my pleasure' and being all polite an shit like a normal, respectable human being.

Some black guys can pull it off. I’ve met a single black woman that could and she’s country. Also, previous rant was glorious. Loved every sentence

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
AKA white people.
So do you have to wash a black mans feet to work at Chick Fil A?

The CEO referred to white people as "shameful"
bow.jpg

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Don't worry, he's more at risk of being called "acting white" by his fellow black men than by us

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone tried that Ch'king thing at Burger King? I had the KFC sandwich last week, and it was just ok.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Did Wendy's change their Chicken? Spicy used to be top, top tier from Wendy's. I haven't had it in awhile. The bourbon BBQ they have right now is pretty good.
Aside from the obvious caveat "it depends upon the location," I prefer the spicy chicken from my Wendy's to Chik-fil-a. There is (obviously) nothing wrong with the CFA one at pretty much any location, including mine, and the overall experience is always better at CFA, but I'd take either without even batting an eye here. Granted, I get it without mayo because mayo is fucking gross, so it is possible that makes a difference to some people, but overall I'd put the Wendy's spicy chicken up against CFA any day. (EDIT: Forgot to mention, I add cheese to the one at Wendy's as well, so that might add to my rating as well.)

Never tried McD's or BK, and have no intention of doing so. I can't imagine it being better than those other two.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Or

Find the item on the menu. State specifically #5 sausage, no egg, no cheese. Never put yourself in a situation where they have to think. It never ends well.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone tried that Ch'king thing at Burger King? I had the KFC sandwich last week, and it was just ok.
Id rank it 3rd behind Chikfila and Popeyes. It was about on par with Wendy's sandwich(my wendys is pretty mediocore).

• 1Quality Calories

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Find the item on the menu. State specifically #5 sausage, no egg, no cheese. Never put yourself in a situation where they have to think. It never ends well.

How much thinking is required by literally ordering an item verbatim from the menu? Now we should list all the other versions of similar items we don't want, so they don't have to think too much? You sure?

• 2Like