The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
YEah the McDonalds app was great for just giving you shit for free that you wouldnt have ever known. Just handing out deals.

I do understand people annoyed by App bloat. I mean, on my phone i have Mcdonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, Burger King, CHik Fil A, 5 Guys, Tim Hortons, Panera bread, Wegmans MEals to go, Moes.....

Its fucking too much

And each one of them has a file on you where someday your health insurance carrier is going to get an email saying "This dude ate 3500 cheeseburgers in the last 10 years...Better double his rates."

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And each one of them has a file on you where someday your health insurance carrier is going to get an email saying "This dude ate 3500 cheeseburgers in the last 10 years...Better double his rates."
As long as I can also submit my fitness tracker info and get a discount

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
YEah the McDonalds app was great for just giving you shit for free that you wouldnt have ever known. Just handing out deals.

I do understand people annoyed by App bloat. I mean, on my phone i have Mcdonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, Burger King, CHik Fil A, 5 Guys, Tim Hortons, Panera bread, Wegmans MEals to go, Moes.....

Its fucking too much

I'm at the point in my life where I don't want any more fucking apps. 8 different apps to send money? Go fuck yourself! I have two and you're not going to ever get me to add another.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Mine has a free Large Fry with minimum $1 order month after month. That's $4 savings every single visit because of potato prices here. The only better deal is an occasional $10 for 20pc + 2 Large Fries which is only $0.70 more savings.

Here in OK, the weekly deal is buy a 20 piece nugget and get 2 small or medium fries free. $6 for 20 nugs and 2 medium fries is a really good deal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Arby's need to learn to stay their lane. Unless these burgers are godlike then they are just throwing shit at a wall.
I’ve never liked Arbys roast beef sandwiches all that much, because they aren’t really anything special. It’s really baffling to me how their other shit is all so good. Their non roast beef sandwiches frequently get an S score from me, and of course it’s just worth going for the fries alone. I’m all in to try this burger.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Arby's need to learn to stay their lane. Unless these burgers are godlike then they are just throwing shit at a wall.

What if they know something we dont? might be good. I can guess how it tastes. Not terrible but wont want another.

Gonna check Review of the Week for based autism.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I had the Wagyu burger today. Good size, lots of toppings and that McD's type mac sauce wasn't too bad. Too much of it on the burger but ok overall. Definitely not worth $7 but Bidenflation hits us all. I didn't try the bacon ranch version and it's probably better. I'll try it next week.

• 1Quality Calories

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Speaking of mobile ordering... I typically hate new tech trend of doing everything on mobile devices, but mobile ordering was just too convenient not to do it. Paired perfectly with any well run drive thru.

Buuut, local Wendy's struggle with their drive thru times, so instead of just getting better or having cars pull forward, they now make you go in for to-go mobile orders.

At least let me say when I'm on the way or in the parking lot. Start the order? Curbside delivery?

Nope, go in, stand in line to tell them you did a mobile order, stand in lobby waiting for your order that's slow as fuck as they blatantly prioritize drive thru orders... or worse the drive thru is dead and the lobby is 10 deep with people waiting on to-go mobile orders.

Just seems so weird and pointless, so we haven't gone back. Strange to see such a big chain like Wendy's shit the bed on something so simple.

Domino's system is on point though, responsive and intuitive with tracking, and with carside carry out. Shit works great.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I too tried the Arby's burger and it was pretty good. The shredded lettuce and thousand island was very reminiscent of a big mac and it was kind of a mess to eat in the car because of the amount of lettuce and sauce. The beef was definitely better than a Big Mac though. Since they said it was "sous vide style" I thought it might be medium rare but it wasn't. The patty wasn't amazing or anything but it was substantial and it did seem a bit softer than a usual fast food burger which I thought was a good thing. I would like to have one that had plain old mustard and ketchup and non-shredded lettuce but as far as burgers go I've had worse.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think I just went through the Chik-fil-a equivalent of having a popeye's worker jump out the drive through window at you.

Drive up, lines short, only half way around the building. Looking good. First girl takes my order, say thanks she doesn't say my pleasure. Happens rarely, no big deal, I'm gonna be eating CFA in 1 min. 9 fucking mins later they finally get to me. Say thank you to the girl and she just turns and walks to the next car like I stopped existing. WTF?

My order was two spicy chicken biscuits and two hash browns, nothing complex. Open the first biscuit, and notice that the meat chunk is a lot smaller than it used to be now that biscuits are "officially" back. Like half the size of a spicy chicken sandwich, when they used to be the same size.

CFA you are in breakfast jail for while.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I can’t wait until I can order from an app, have the food cooked and assembled by a robot, and have it shot out a chute like an old bank drive through. And every liberal fast food worker starves in the streets
I will walk into a McDonald’s, make eye contact with the person at the counter to take orders with no one in line, and proceed to use the self order kiosk.

Mobile ordering is infinitely better than trying to order from the retarded teenager through 70’s audio technology.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Popeyes will probably program their fast food bots to fuck your order up and then yell at you that they are the manager when you ask to get it fixed.
Chicken bot says OUT OF CHICKEN. Please get fucked

• 2Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I just went through the Chik-fil-a equivalent of having a popeye's worker jump out the drive through window at you.

Drive up, lines short, only half way around the building. Looking good. First girl takes my order, say thanks she doesn't say my pleasure. Happens rarely, no big deal, I'm gonna be eating CFA in 1 min. 9 fucking mins later they finally get to me. Say thank you to the girl and she just turns and walks to the next car like I stopped existing. WTF?

My order was two spicy chicken biscuits and two hash browns, nothing complex. Open the first biscuit, and notice that the meat chunk is a lot smaller than it used to be now that biscuits are "officially" back. Like half the size of a spicy chicken sandwich, when they used to be the same size.

Quite literally the first and only bad Chik Fil A story I've ever heard.

I'm blaming the victim here. What's your problem bro?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Shit you should call corporate they will probably fly out 20 Christian Ginger girls to your house with platters full of nuggets and my pleasures until they made it right.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I’ve hit up the Chick-fil-A nearby a couple times and have actually had items missing from my order (employees were still polite as ever). Put in a basic complaint just noting the missing items and the order they happened on. I got absolutely showered with free shit, both from corporate and from the individual franchise. Across two visits I had a missing 8 piece nugg and I think a missing medium fries and ended up with 2 free meals of choice, a free sandwich, a free nugg of any size, a free side of choice, and a free dessert of choice. This outcome was acceptable.

Also Chickfila is massively better in terms of account rewards from other fast food. With McDonalds I have a shitton of reward points but I can only use either one reward or one deal per order. Same thing with Wendy’s. Chick-fil-A, you can stack the shit out of your free rewards in a single order. A+

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users