The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've abandoned this thread for months with a lack of time and rarely eating out at "fast" food per se. So many other options around here in OK, though sadly many of them subpar. Like sick of people ranting somethings good and it's kinda shit, but what is what happens when you are 60 miles from any real town. At least bbq is great.

There's a taco bell I havn't been to, little scared since I dipped into a Carls and it was the meth family running it. But I saw the signs for grilled cheese burrito. Any good? Or a $7 sack of shit indistinguishable from just getting a beefy 5 layer?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've abandoned this thread for months with a lack of time and rarely eating out at "fast" food per se. So many other options around here in OK, though sadly many of them subpar. Like sick of people ranting somethings good and it's kinda shit, but what is what happens when you are 60 miles from any real town. At least bbq is great.

There's a taco bell I havn't been to, little scared since I dipped into a Carls and it was the meth family running it. But I saw the signs for grilled cheese burrito. Any good? Or a $7 sack of shit indistinguishable from just getting a beefy 5 layer?

Oklahoma, you say?

I don't know if I'll ever get a chance travel to our branch in Oklahoma, but they all troll me about the food down there.

One of the places they've told me about is a place called Ron's?

You haven't been holding out on us, have you?

1664050958132.png

1664051015810.png

1664051090494.png

1664051186935.png

1664051437191.png

• 4Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
But I saw the signs for grilled cheese burrito. Any good? Or a $7 sack of shit indistinguishable from just getting a beefy 5 layer?

Taco Bell always just tastes like Taco Bell for better or worse. Grilled cheese burrito was good enough, but for the price not worth it. There are 4 taco trucks with bigger, better burritos on the way to ant Taco Bell so it's a hard sell unless really craving that Taco Bell flavor.

My go to for cost and taste is still always cheesy bean and rice add potato and beef. Shits fat, but comparatively cheap.

Got an AM crunch wrap this morning that was better than it's been in years. Back to having a sausage patty. Not as good as when it had gravy though.

Tried a beefy melt burrito, too. Meh.

Glad the Taco Bell is edible again, but it's become a once every 3 month sort of random craving thing. And their latest gimmicks keep being very average.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Erronius Erronius if you make it to Texas go to P. Terry's. Its a burger joint styled from the 1950s. I go there like once a month. The fries are even good so it surpasses shitty in and out.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Oklahoma, you say?

I don't know if I'll ever get a chance travel to our branch in Oklahoma, but they all troll me about the food down there.

One of the places they've told me about is a place called Ron's?

You haven't been holding out on us, have you?

View attachment 434747

View attachment 434748

View attachment 434749

View attachment 434750

View attachment 434751
OKC, so 2-3 hours away unfortunately. I'm east of Tulsa.

Actually oh fuck one sorta near. Ha, I'd mostly worked on in town stuff before straying to other places.

Sludig

I went to one today though in a much smaller town further away so may have affected quality vs big city.

Got the buster burger or whatever. Thin patty, pretty heavily almost semi charred. (this is fine other than being thin), with the ham (thin deli like slice), and bacon bits etc. Fairly good burger, not sure that it's $10 good with no included sides. $3 side of cole slaw was like sub tennis ball sized but super good.

Wife got fritos pie and fried pickles. For $5 the pickles was a pretty huge basket.

But overall, kinda bland, like the only seasoning they use is salt and grease. Though that's kinda the symptom at many places out here. These deep white folk think fucking black pepper is spicy.... I'm a super bitch with heat, but even I think these folks need to discover a bunch of other great spices. In the case of this place, I'll certainly give it another shot in the city, and if i'm looking at mcdonalds etc, it's good enough I'd still spend the extra $5 and get something better, but just not the cheesiest blow you away indulgence the pictures would have you think. Sorry for no pics.

Semi related. There's a big attraction here. Moor's Fish farms has a monthly all you can eat fish fry. And had to be a few hundred people that showed up in the first couple hours, many sounded like regulars. All you can eat, though I was done with one heavily loaded plate. Picture doesn't do it justice as I had some layers of shit burried under the rest. But just about all of it was at worst good/passable to a few items outstanding.

$16 and I thought I was going to die after all this. Pic on right is I had to blaspheme and dump my tater salad around the sides of the mashed potatoes.
One thing I have liked out here, is head country bbq. I like sweeter, but it's a scosh tangier ketchupy than my usual guilty delight of KC masterpiece since the flavor changed for the worse a year or two ago.

1664159374599.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I could really go for a fish fry.

Funny you mentioned it, but when I was looking at the map for the Ron's in Broken Arrow (not sure if I'll go but some ex-coworkers live that way from Tulsa) I saw this place and the name caught my eye.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen fish + BBQ up here in KC. No idea if this place is any good but it looks interesting at least.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure if I've ever seen fish + BBQ up here in KC. No idea if this place is any good but it looks interesting at least.

b/c you live in the geographical center of america!!! don't trust nuttin from the sea unless it's frozen, and thats still if you like to gamble.

it's not like we had any jews up in there and pitmasters were smoking lox n shit

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
b/c you live in the geographical center of america!!! don't trust nuttin from the sea unless it's frozen, and thats still if you like to gamble.
That's catfish, not seafood...

• 3Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Haha catfish comes from the river, not the ocean. Anyway they know how to get fish to the middle of the country now. I eat grocery store sushi with no fear. The only thing I won't do are raw oysters but that's partly because I don't like them.

• 3Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Shrimp are so easily aqua-farmed now that they're nearly cheaper than chicken per pound in the Midwest now. It's pretty nice since they cook so fast and take very little to taste good. 20 years ago I think the only time we had shrimp was ye olde birthday dinner at the Red Lobster.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Shrimp are so easily aqua-farmed now that they're nearly cheaper than chicken per pound in the Midwest now. It's pretty nice since they cook so fast and take very little to taste good. 20 years ago I think the only time we had shrimp was ye olde birthday dinner at the Red Lobster.
I'm still triggered that bacon has gone up so damn much in price. I still can't stop buying sheets of bacon, because I have the divine right to eat just a mountainous plate of bacon for dinner.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm still triggered that bacon has gone up so damn much in price. I still can't stop buying sheets of bacon, because I have the divine right to eat just a mountainous plate of bacon for dinner.
I have been grabbing Walmart brand bacon lately as they haven't super jacked their prices yet. It's still about 5 bucks a package. I only buy thick cut, but it's good enough.

Sludig

I have been grabbing Walmart brand bacon lately as they haven't super jacked their prices yet. It's still about 5 bucks a package. I only buy thick cut, but it's good enough.
hell is being married to someone that preferred thin cut.

• 2Triggered
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users