The Fast Food Thread

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Taco Bell always just tastes like Taco Bell for better or worse. Grilled cheese burrito was good enough, but for the price not worth it. There are 4 taco trucks with bigger, better burritos on the way to ant Taco Bell so it's a hard sell unless really craving that Taco Bell flavor.

My go to for cost and taste is still always cheesy bean and rice add potato and beef. Shits fat, but comparatively cheap.

Got an AM crunch wrap this morning that was better than it's been in years. Back to having a sausage patty. Not as good as when it had gravy though.

Tried a beefy melt burrito, too. Meh.

Glad the Taco Bell is edible again, but it's become a once every 3 month sort of random craving thing. And their latest gimmicks keep being very average.

So, my son loves doordash and we get it a couple of times a week since the pandemic started yadda yadda. Pushed him from restaurants to fast food places because the cost, it gets expensive and if the world isn't ending, we will need to have a functioning family budget. 5-7 bucks is worth it to not have to pile kids in car and fight with traffic and yell at box. End Preamble.

He's been asking for Taco Bell lately and we got some of the new Grilled Cheese burritos. Its not 80's Taco Bell good but holy shit those things are amazing. The Double Meat are like 8 bucks but they are a whole meal in tortilla. They are so good I snuck one today while everyone was at work/school for a wednesday treat. I came to this thread to see if anyone else was talking about them.

Ironically, the best Doordash place to order from for us is McDonalds: there is one near us, the prices are close to menu, almost no tip for delivery and they get everything right almost every time. Also, their Doordash menu is close to their actual menu. McD's is super underappreciated .

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
A McDonalds near me has "McDelivery" where I BELIEVE they have a dedicated delivery service now outside of Door Dash/Uber Eats. I never order food and that's not my closest McDonald's so unfortunately I won't be testing it. It is a BRAND new McDonalds, like built a year ago so maybe this is the next wave.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bro

Are you ok?
Ate burnt ends from Clark crew and have been in a coma ever since

1664407124738.jpeg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Went to McDonalsa sometime last week used the app got 40% off everything. I know people might dislike the app but paying full buttfuck Biden prices is the dumbest shit you can do.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So, my son loves doordash and we get it a couple of times a week since the pandemic started yadda yadda. Pushed him from restaurants to fast food places because the cost, it gets expensive and if the world isn't ending, we will need to have a functioning family budget. 5-7 bucks is worth it to not have to pile kids in car and fight with traffic and yell at box. End Preamble.

He's been asking for Taco Bell lately and we got some of the new Grilled Cheese burritos. Its not 80's Taco Bell good but holy shit those things are amazing. The Double Meat are like 8 bucks but they are a whole meal in tortilla. They are so good I snuck one today while everyone was at work/school for a wednesday treat. I came to this thread to see if anyone else was talking about them.

Ironically, the best Doordash place to order from for us is McDonalds: there is one near us, the prices are close to menu, almost no tip for delivery and they get everything right almost every time. Also, their Doordash menu is close to their actual menu. McD's is super underappreciated .

Dude you lost the plot at saving money by buying $8 shit tier burritos from Taco Bell, that is criminal for the dogshit slop they serve. Don't you have any respectable Mexicans near by? I can bet on Ubereats or Doordash I can find Santiago, or Jose who can run circles around Taco Bells dipshittery

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Why not just pull a Tuco Tuco and marry a hot latina?

Now I know some people might say that's an extreme solution, but hey, if you can't take this thread seriously then what are you even doing with your life?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Went to McDonalsa sometime last week used the app got 40% off everything. I know people might dislike the app but paying full buttfuck Biden prices is the dumbest shit you can do.
yea i've said it b4, just make a throwaway fb account anad whatever fastfoodapps you download login w/ that fb account

• 1Galaxy Brain

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
He's been asking for Taco Bell lately and we got some of the new Grilled Cheese burritos. Its not 80's Taco Bell good but holy shit those things are amazing.

You've convinced me to give one another try. Not that it takes much. Willingness to be disappointed in Taco Bell has become a hobby. Had one a while back when there were staffing issues so bad they couldn't get anyone to not roll rectangle burritos, so maybe better now.

I miss the smothered burritos from like 8 years ago? Maybe like an enchirito? I think were different, but if enchiritos come back I'll march in there with all the hope of when I was mid 20s and steak stuft burritos were God tier.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Why not just pull a Tuco Tuco and marry a hot latina?

Now I know some people might say that's an extreme solution, but hey, if you can't take this thread seriously then what are you even doing with your life?

Tangent, but lots of latinas in my area and after a lot of company potlucks I'm pretty sure cooking is no longer what the women do in Hispanic culture. Literally every food truck and taco shop are dudes, and the young hispanical chicks I know, whether single or married, are worse than the white instant pot moms as far as no interest or skill in the kitchen. Sad really.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea i've said it b4, just make a throwaway fb account anad whatever fastfoodapps you download login w/ that fb account
You don’t even need to do that with McDonald’s at least. They just send you an email link to login. I guess if you don’t want them to have your email it’s the same problem.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tangent, but lots of latinas in my area and after a lot of company potlucks I'm pretty sure cooking is no longer what the women do in Hispanic culture. Literally every food truck and taco shop are dudes, and the young hispanical chicks I know, whether single or married, are worse than the white instant pot moms as far as no interest or skill in the kitchen. Sad really.
Can confirm. My wife loves to cook (as do I), but most of the 20s/30s hispanic women I know aren't into it like the legend says.

• 4Like
  • 1WTF

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I miss the smothered burritos from like 8 years ago? Maybe like an enchirito? I think were different, but if enchiritos come back I'll march in there with all the hope of when I was mid 20s and steak stuft burritos were God tier.
Bro!

Fuck you Taco Bell for taking both of them away in the first place, and for making this a one or the other choice, and for making it only for a limited time. And for likely making the enchirto $6 or some shit if it does come back.

Still, I'm going to eat the fuck out of either one of these when they reappear. That will likely be all the Taco Bell I eat until either of them return again at some point.

I've told of my teenage years working at Taco Bell before here, and how I got free food before, during, and after my shift, not to mention ordering one every single time I ate at TB throughout my life (which used to be a LOT), so I am certain I've eaten thousands of enchiritos in my life. And then they took them away :(

Team Enchirito 4 Life!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Tried the Arby's fried pies last night. Strawberries and cream wouldn't be my first choice for filling but the blistered crust and rocket hot filling took me back to the good old days. For a long time after McD's started baking their pies instead of frying them they still had fried ones at KFC and the caramel apple empanada at Taco Bell but I don't think anyplace has had fried pastries for a while. "Limited time" at Arby's unfortunately.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 8.35.27 AM.png

• 5Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Tried the Arby's fried pies last night. Strawberries and cream wouldn't be my first choice for filling but the blistered crust and rocket hot filling took me back to the good old days. For a long time after McD's started baking their pies instead of frying them they still had fried ones at KFC and the caramel apple empanada at Taco Bell but I don't think anyplace has had fried pastries for a while. "Limited time" at Arby's unfortunately.

View attachment 435471
Popeyes still has fried apple pies.

• 1Quality Calories

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Small chain in texas called CoCo shrimp. Flavors super good. They give you literally pounds of rice, it was kinda excessive, but the rice was super delicious. Their poppyseed salad dressing was super good too, and the dipping sauce for the shrimp was great.

Worth a try if you want something different and live in the DFW area.
1664915602697.png

• 4Like
  • 1Weird Boner