The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My rant is not at your post, it was just triggered by it.

Those little fucking things are not human food. Never once has a "pink shrimp" (aka "salad shrimp") ever been deveined.

Lets be clear. Deveining refers to removal of the intestine, which is a long tube packed full of shit.

Shrimp are delicious but the vein has to be removed. Occasionally you'll run into a shit-tier restaurant that doesnt devein their shrimp, I mean normal, regular size shrimp. This means they are literally serving shit - solid, visible, fecal material - on your plate. Obviously a thinking person sends those back and firebombs the kitchen.

But these little fucking pink shrimp --- they are never, ever deveined.

Thats fishing bait, not food for people.
I like fancy ramen sometimes. costco had shrimp tempura ramen. not sure what I was thinking. I sometimes like those little shrimps but these after the breading is gone we're legs and I think head still on. I thought I'd dropped some eggshell in at first

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for asian ingredients

dried shrimp does not have head, something about the chemical makeup of the brain is bad for shelf life (also why shell heads are called for in soups)
%EA%B1%B4%EC%83%88%EC%9A%B0-%EC%98%81.jpg

once the shrimp is dried/fried, the head becomes brittle and easily separates from the body

fermented shrimp in solution, still gots head on cuz no brittleness
salted-shrimp1.jpg
SmartSelect_20221205_134241_Chrome.jpg

bad image choice for your statement. literally heads visible in these dried ones.

• 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm curious how they even get the heads and shells off. Obviously there's not someone doing it by hand. Maybe it's like canned mandarin oranges where they put it in some kind of solution that dissolves the shell but leaves the tail?
I wouldn't be surprised if it were done by hand, although your guess also sounds like a feasible method.

Living in Maryland, crabs are our big thing. My whole life I assumed the crab processing plants were filled with fancy machines that they could feed crabs into and have the meat separated from the junk. Turns out, it's immigrants, not machines. A bunch of the plants shut down during Covid because the illegal immigrants couldn't get up here to process the crabs. It was a horrible summer of (even more) overpriced crab meat.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any science on the Arby's burger

KFC is still best chicken sandwich, haven't seen a Popeyes to compare with tho

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wendy's Italian mozzarella chicken sandi was bland, do not recommend

Bun appeared herbal but no flavor or very mild

Novelty fried mozzarella patty had satisfying crisp and ooze but also no flavor.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had some BK onion rings with the Zesty sauce last night, first time in over 15 years and holy shit the farts I was ripping woke me up from my sleep they were so odorous.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arby's Steakhouse Burger - 2 out of 5
Small
Nice bun
Fried - Crispy outside, pink inside
Dry, flavorless
Expensive

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who has tried these? Interested to hear your cheese review

The lawsuit claims that TGI Friday's packaged cheese snacks found in grocery store frozen food sections are labeled "mozzarella sticks," but they actually only contain cheddar cheese. Only fine print on the back of the product package reportedly reveals the truth about the cheese.

Judge Dow Jr. did, however, reportedly grant TGI Friday's request to be removed as a defendant in the case, as he found the chain restaurant's only involvement in the "mozzarella sticks" product to be as a licensor

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AB0C7B3C-D769-4514-B917-A27825A90D94.jpeg
AB7EE2D7-5AFC-4A93-9659-6B0FD54BF06E.jpeg

Erronius Erronius Surprised me big time. I got back from Disney World to this giant amazing Cinnamon popcorn from Topsy in Kansas City. He knows I’m a big cinnamon fan and I’ve not had “real” cinnamon popcorn in years. Not only is this best I’ve ever had, I’m going to be able to sit around getting fat for a month on this.

Thank you Erronius Erronius

The flavor is like a gourmet high end “Atomic Fireball” that we had when we were a kid. If you like cinnamon I cannot recommend enough.

• 8Quality Calories
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 11 users