The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I refuse to eat tofu.

the Mapodofu from here is exquisite, especially the cheese curry one.

This one will straight up murder you though if you aren't prepared.

1681500846822.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I love sichuan food, make my own chili oil, have high quality sichuan peppercorns, ect, but I don’t put the tofu in. Heck, I’m eating leftover prime rib meat that I diced up and fried fast in a spicy sichuan sauce right now. Don’t feel like I’m missing anything with the prime rib being in it instead of tofu.

Thai food is also another of my favorites, and why I always grow holy basil.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love sichuan food, make my own chili oil, have high quality sichuan peppercorns, ect, but I don’t put the tofu in. Heck, I’m eating leftover prime rib meat that I diced up and fried fast in a spicy sichuan sauce right now. Don’t feel like I’m missing anything with the prime rib being in it instead of tofu.

Thai food is also another of my favorites, and why I always grow holy basil.
Yeah both my two faves.

you aren’t missing it per say but
Mapo Dofu is a great meal especially if crumbled pork/beef and powdered huajiao peppercorn on top.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I blame the fries.
A Hardee's and Burger King here just shut down with no warning. They'd both been shitty locations but I'm not sure why places are closing left and right

Fucker

Log Wizard
A Hardee's and Burger King here just shut down with no warning. They'd both been shitty locations but I'm not sure why places are closing left and right
No one is eating there any more. I last ate there early 2000's. The restaurant was old, run down, and filthy back then. I looked it up on Yelp, and they haven't done a single thing to it since. Any company that lets a franchisee operate in that manner is a company that gave up long ago.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What I mean is, why...right now?

Seems like a lot of places have been shutting down very recently, and I'm not sure why they all chose NOW of all times.

Some of these places had been shitholes for years, but they all start pulling the plug recently it seems like

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
What I mean is, why...right now?

Seems like a lot of places have been shutting down very recently, and I'm not sure why they all chose NOW of all times.

Some of these places had been shitholes for years, but they all start pulling the plug recently it seems like
Franchises were pulled? Who knows.

8of0tbriecta1.jpg
hvremzi5a3n91.jpg
NrILliT7g9igdOyeqI-37aToID0lT-pj17GvQcwYYNY.jpg
olyxbxii1q8a1.jpg
pxiqq56km0ra1.jpg
sDspOA6UhmAOVhJDMfXk5CBGbVDTjUpPXg8yGkZBK84.jpg
slsigo7pgxsa1.jpg
szg5jijnn9i81.jpg

• 4Barf
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 12 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The places that have closed here say it's because they can't get workers. Even paying $16, $17, and $18 an hour McDonald's is drive thru only for a lot of the day. Dining room only stays open from 11-7 because they only have workers for 1 shift. A KFC/A&W combo opened and then closed a year later because they couldn't find workers and then a Burger King was supposed to go in but they found out what happened to KFC and decided to pass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
McDonald's burgers have been terrible lately too. Habit Burger has been the only decent burger place lately but their burgers shrunk now and they charge more.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah the Burger King near my house closed last year. It was weird because it still is a great location. They never put any effort into running the franchise. For ten years i only ate there because it was close and i had coupons for super cheap food. Constant turnover in employees and the place had no culture. It even closed through covid instead of staying open and making money hand over fist like every other drive through in my area.
They were closed for a year when covid hit and re-opened and did ok for a bit, quality was up and food was better then pre-covid. Then same old problems, undertrained staff, nobody stayed so eventually it was a skeleton crew running the place and shitty service,food,everything.
Place closed down and then a hispanic restaurant chain called La Granja opened same location.
They are killing it, food is great but a little expensive.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I went to a wedding in Orange County CA this weekend.

The wedding had catered barbecue. Now I am by no means a bbq aficionado with high expectations but this place should be ashamed of itself man. They smoked brisket with alder. This is very common on the west coast for fish and it's great for it.

But it really makes it so your brisket bark taste really weird and also produces super thin bark with almost no smoke ring. They also overcooked it and to top off the insanity their bbq sauce tasted like and had the consistency of orange sauce from a Chinese restaurant.

What the fuck man. I was so disappointed.

Rudy's is like 500% superior to this place and I am certain they spent at least $10k on this catering.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
No one is eating there any more. I last ate there early 2000's. The restaurant was old, run down, and filthy back then. I looked it up on Yelp, and they haven't done a single thing to it since. Any company that lets a franchisee operate in that manner is a company that gave up long ago.

I got one of those stacker burgers the other day and it was so tiny, shockingly tiny for the price. Inflation is just completely fucking the market in terms of amount of food you get and how much most can afford to spend.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's a burger king on the way to my gym. Place is a ghost town 100% of the time.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Any time of day I drive by a Burger King I never see cars at the drive thru or parked there. Don't understand how any of them stay open.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users