The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Where else should a high school student that fits those parameters be working then? Retail? Because high school kids are the vast majority of the employees at a Chik Fil'A or In 'n' Out (as opposed to most other fast food places that are staffed by much older people).

Omnom shit is some good fucking eating. I've hit KFC 3 times in the last month which is more than the previous year combined.

1703872755361.png

1703872769542.png

1703872810507.png

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
People lined up in their cars as early as 3am for the 6am opening of CosMc. Too many idiots in the world.

View attachment 506199

This happened with In n Out when they opened in Dallas. However, you could be 100 people deep on the order list and get your food in 15 mins still. Their efficiency at that time was uparalleled.

If I remember correctly they paid off all their stores in 3 months in the Dallas area.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The problem with Chick-fil-A is it tastes like actual food. If your taste buds are blown out from a lifetime of processed and engineered food it tastes bland. I get the argument people like McDonald's because it tastes like McDonald's, but bringing Burger King into a discussion of good fast food chicken is a sign of the times.

• 2Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I miss those days.

I want to see a move about time travel, a time machine, and people just go back to the late 80's / early 90's because it was just a better time. No world domination, or scheme about riches or any other stupid shit. Just go back to a simple time and rent the latest blockbuster movie and have some taco bell before it was aids.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I want to see a move about time travel, a time machine, and people just go back to the late 80's / early 90's because it was just a better time. No world domination, or scheme about riches or any other stupid shit. Just go back to a simple time and rent the latest blockbuster movie and have some taco bell before it was aids.

Are you going back to save the world? Maybe later, but I just want to watch some prime Schwarzenegger and eat a couple chili cheese burritos first.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just want to go back to 2009 and tell myself to build that bitcoin mining rig I thought about building but never did. That and a list of dates to buy and sell would have come in pretty handy since then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The trick is to live somewhere without ghettos or ghetto people so none of the fast food places are staffed by those people.

Theres a Burger King in a town not too far from me. They appear to have all five black residents of the state working there. Its bizarre. Needless to say its not a quality establishment, even for a BK. But aside from that store all the fast food employees near me are just regular people.
I live ghettoless. Fast food places attract people who can't get jobs anywhere else. The last Subway I ordered, it took 40 minutes. I did the app thing and went to pick it up at the scheduled time. Place was empty. One employee standing looking out the window, oblivious to the order he needed to do. I ordered 4 times in total and gave up. All the orders were wrong. Never saw the same employee twice.

BK's are all gross because they cater to the coloreds. White fast food workers are lazy and stupid. Coloreds are roughly 10000000000x worse.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Are you going back to save the world? Maybe later, but I just want to watch some prime Schwarzenegger and eat a couple chili cheese burritos first.
Nah. Going back simply because all the women used hair spray.

80s-hairstyles-2994957820.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I live ghettoless. Fast food places attract people who can't get jobs anywhere else. The last Subway I ordered, it took 40 minutes. I did the app thing and went to pick it up at the scheduled time. Place was empty. One employee standing looking out the window, oblivious to the order he needed to do. I ordered 4 times in total and gave up. All the orders were wrong. Never saw the same employee twice.

BK's are all gross because they cater to the coloreds. White fast food workers are lazy and stupid. Coloreds are roughly 10000000000x worse.
I will accept this with the caveat that teens are excluded from the generality. Our few fast food places here are staffed almost exclusively by white teens. They are pleasant and generally do a decent job. If someone is working fast food as an adult then yeah, they are probably unemployable elsewhere.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just want to go back to 2009 and tell myself to build that bitcoin mining rig I thought about building but never did. That and a list of dates to buy and sell would have come in pretty handy since then.
Don't even need to do that. Just go back to 2001 or something, work a bullshit job, and put every single spare cent into broke apple stock and google.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't even need to do that. Just go back to 2001 or something, work a bullshit job, and put every single spare cent into broke apple stock and google.
Fuck that, go back to 2001 and make the same trades Nancy Pelosi's husband makes. Insta-billionaire status

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The problem with Chick-fil-A is it tastes like actual food. If your taste buds are blown out from a lifetime of processed and engineered food it tastes bland.
There is no defense for bland food. Its an offense that should literally never exist. Not in a school cafeteria. Not in a home cooked meal. And absolutely, definitely NOT in fast food whose only reason to exist is that its supposed to taste good.

It has nothing to do with being "real food". It has to do with a complete lack of seasoning. And this touches on really the one and only major problem with CFA. Wheres the buffalo chicken sandwich? The one with jalapenos? The one with barbecue and onion rings? The one with swiss cheese and ranch for people who still like bland but like their bland a little saucy? The 18 other kinds of interesting and flavorful chicken sandiwch varieties humans have come up with?

Nope, but we've got a plain chicken on some plain bread. Would you like fries with that? Good, cause thats the other item on our menu, regular fries.

People around here like to fetishize simple menus in the hopes of promoting quality. And theres something to it. But when the simple menu is a boring ass plain chicken sandwich, I can approve of the chain all day long, its still gonna be boooooooring.

No amount of "my pleasure" changes that.

• 2Supertaster
  • 1WTF
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People who complain about lack of variety in fast food eat out too much

• 1Truth!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There is no defense for bland food. Its an offense that should literally never exist. Not in a school cafeteria. Not in a home cooked meal. And absolutely, definitely NOT in fast food whose only reason to exist is that its supposed to taste good.

It has nothing to do with being "real food". It has to do with a complete lack of seasoning. And this touches on really the one and only major problem with CFA. Wheres the buffalo chicken sandwich? The one with jalapenos? The one with barbecue and onion rings? The one with swiss cheese and ranch for people who still like bland but like their bland a little saucy? The 18 other kinds of interesting and flavorful chicken sandiwch varieties humans have come up with?

Nope, but we've got a plain chicken on some plain bread. Would you like fries with that? Good, cause thats the other item on our menu, regular fries.

People around here like to fetishize simple menus in the hopes of promoting quality. And theres something to it. But when the simple menu is a boring ass plain chicken sandwich, I can approve of the chain all day long, its still gonna be boooooooring.

No amount of "my pleasure" changes that.

Chik Fila has had a bbq ck Sammie and one with jalapeños and honey. Both were fantastic and will probably be seasonal options in the future. Most places today do seasonal to increase anticipation/sales and limit waste and inventory space.

• 1Like

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Just googled it, and they are a 24/7 chain, so I will be making the pilgrimage there some weekend after they open. I live close to I-25, and traffic is pretty light at 2am, so fuck yeah. Roooooooooad triiiiiiiiip!
Same! I will be making the under 15 minute drive often! Soooo lucky!