The Fifth Element (1997)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, 5th Element has always been a damn fun movie. One of those that you always just "leave on" if it pops up on TV. I agree that there's no way I'd put it in my Top 5 all-time though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
pretty impressive. he must have had his nuts in a vice to sing that high. he couldnt do the low notes though and thats why that song is fucking hard. you can do one or the other, but to be able to do both is special.
You're right, the low notes are actually the composer singing and then morphed it on the singer voice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
pretty impressive. he must have had his nuts in a vice to sing that high. he couldnt do the low notes though and thats why that song is fucking hard. you can do one or the other, but to be able to do both is special.
I'd have loved to see Rob Halford or Geoff Tate attempt that at the height of their vocal talent.

King Diamond could fucking crush that! (I kid. A little. Not totally.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd have loved to see Rob Halford or Geoff Tate attempt that at the height of their vocal talent.

King Diamond could fucking crush that! (I kid. A little. Not totally.)
i think Halford in the 70s could have done the high notes and made a fair attempt at the lows. Sebastian Bach, the dude from Steeheart, KD and Tate all could have given it a good run on the highs, but i'll be damnd if i can think of somebody who could do the lows any kind of justice. maybe Mariah Carey? she's supposedly the best vocalist of her time. or that was just hype.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
When I first saw it a bloke at work said to me, watch it again and look for the clues..
He was a Mason (fairly high up) and reckons there were easter eggs all through the movie referring to real events and history .. Probably just a wack job

I still loved the movie

Sevens

Log Wizard
i think Halford in the 70s could have done the high notes and made a fair attempt at the lows. Sebastian Bach, the dude from Steeheart, KD and Tate all could have given it a good run on the highs, but i'll be damnd if i can think of somebody who could do the lows any kind of justice. maybe Mariah Carey? she's supposedly the best vocalist of her time. or that was just hype.
Freddie Mercury is the best of all time...All Carey could do special was hit that one screeching note. Dont get me wrong, anytime some says best ever it is of course personal preference.
But Mercury does have an incredible range

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Floor Jansen could probably do the highs and lows but I'm not sure if she could switch from one to another quickly enough.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Everyone else has covered the best and the worst of this. My only contribution at this point is that this was my Star Wars of the time. I saw this over 20 times in the theatre, which a c i d.f l y a c i d.f l y could confirm, as he had thumbs up’ed my posting of my movie ticket stubs in FSR. I still have a pic posted in FSR on my phone by PreacherX PreacherX that I use as a background occasionally. I don’t have the pics of the movie stubs on my phone, but they have been posted at least twice over the years.

This is definitely my number one favorite movie.

9405FE68-2A97-4F84-B0C8-5849E6739E35.jpeg

And the pic a c i d.f l y a c i d.f l y posted.

4AF3D983-487A-48DA-BF8F-22FEDC318AB3.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I remember seeing a nondescript poster for it, then was hooked by a legit teaser giving nothing away:
It’s such a great universe-building movie. The cigarettes with super-long filters, the unusual vocabulary sprinkled in, and the casting of Luke Perry and Zeus in roles totally against type. This movie holds up.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i just rewatched it

luke perry, lulz

it starts off SUPER slow

• 1Seriously?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I might be reading that Multi Pass wrong, but does it say "Sex: M" ????? I hope M stood for maybe.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Well in line with the story, that was a fake Multipass that the priest Cornelius, or his assistant had acquired on short notice.

So a small error was probably just put there by the film-makers for giggles.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's also no way Milla come's close to 152 on weight lol, and that hair is about as far from brown as it gets.