The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Crone could be a blessing, game could suck. I mean we all hope it's going to be amazing but it could be another 13

I tell my wife one thing,if youre gonna buy clothes and baby stuff all the time you are never going to question my games since I make all the money. Only exception is if it's above the 60 bucks once or twice a month then I let her know

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Pre-downloaded done, just have to do the day 1 patch I guess, which I'll be doing while I'm at work so everything will be ready when I get home after work Tuesday. :)

I can't wait.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am hyped for 15 but I might have to wait. I picked up WoFF on black friday and enjoying it way more than I thought, despite the annoying fox.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got the confirmation email from Amazon that my FFXV has shipped. Delivery on the 29th! Also, since you guys were talking about it a bit, any small packages for me through amazon just get sent through USPS. Basically if it's small enough to fit in my mail box USPS gets it, otherwise UPS or Fedex will just drop it off at my door.

I so want to take Wednesday off work but think I'll be too busy. Oh well!

Hypeeee!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I hate that Amazon has handed off small package delivery to USPS instead of Fedex and UPS.

While it sometimes arrives earlier, I've had lots of packages get held back a day because "they arrived at the post office too late" and the postman had already left with his truck for the day.

Before that, packages always reliably showed up between 530 and 630 like clockwork on the day they were scheduled to arrive without fail.

I also live less than 10 minutes from the Amazon facility that delivers 90% of what I order from Amazon, so that is triply annoying when it happens.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Watching some vids to get acquainted with the gameplay systems and I didn't realize that the Draw mechanic from FF8 was making a return. Does look like a better implementation though.

So they took the worst mechanic from one of their worst games and decided to implement it into their new game?

That's a bold move, let's see if it works out for them

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Usps signed a deal to do all Sunday deliveries for Amazon too

I think they just went with the best bid

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I hate that Amazon has handed off small package delivery to USPS instead of Fedex and UPS.
While it sometimes arrives earlier, I've had lots of packages get held back a day because "they arrived at the post office too late" and the postman had already left with his truck for the day.
Before that, packages always reliably showed up between 530 and 630 like clockwork on the day they were scheduled to arrive without fail.
I also live less than 10 minutes from the Amazon facility that delivers 90% of what I order from Amazon, so that is triply annoying when it happens.

Do you mean that Amazon is shipping with USPS more or that UPS and FedEx are using surepost (and whatever FedEx's version is called) where they deliver to the post office and the post office finishes? I think both companies are doing big pushes to keep their trucks doing as few residential deliveries as possible and giving all that over to the post man. Our UPS contract was just up and my rep made a big deal about how much cheaper it was to use surepost over ground and has followed up multiple times asking how it is working out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Doesn't seem to go through UPS or Fedex any more at all for me.

I get like 90% of what I order from the Amazon here in town, or a distribution center south of here a bit.

Both seem to just dump everything directly into USPS now, and because of that, fairly frequently a two day package will take a third day to arrive because the local post office receives the package too late in the morning to put it on the truck for delivery that day.

Super annoying.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty much everything is either usps or their own amazon driver for me. Nothing through ups or FedEx anymore

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My keyboard didn't show up to the usps until 12pm on a Saturday and they wouldn't let me pick up. But they refreshed the trucks and it ended up getting delivered. All depends how fast your local guys work.

My wife used to work at the usps, this time of year is incredibly fucked up for them. A lot of packages sit on a truck and never make it out thag day.

With ups and FedEx giving them packages this year is gonna be completely fucked.. I would order early for Christmas.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Around here they just send out extra trucks. I had Amazon stuff being delivered yesterday (Sat. delivery is the best part of the USPS handoff) and they made stops at 9AM, noon, and 1PM.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hey Crone, tell your wife to kiss your ass because you will be buying your game.

(I have the best wife in the world who doesn't care about my game purchases. But when she is also home I do not play games and spend time with her unless she has online homework to finish up for her BSN)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hey Crone, tell your wife to kiss your ass because you will be buying your game.

(I have the best wife in the world who doesn't care about my game purchases. But when she is also home I do not play games and spend time with her unless she has online homework to finish up for her BSN)
Yeah same here. I typically don't game when her and the kid are home/awake. Like I need my son growing up wondering why his dad ignored him.

The only time I do differently is when she's watching garbage TV shows.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Opposite here, gf wants to game more than me most of the time so shes always trying to have me play stuff with her. I dont mind but sometimes id rather a book.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crone could be a blessing, game could suck. I mean we all hope it's going to be amazing but it could be another 13

I tell my wife one thing,if youre gonna buy clothes and baby stuff all the time you are never going to question my games since I make all the money. Only exception is if it's above the 60 bucks once or twice a month then I let her know
Couple problems with that when applying to my situation. She doesn't buy anything, ever, and if I tried pulling that I made all the money on her she'd slap me across the face and say and I raise your mother fuckin' kids at home saving you on Day Care you smug son of a bitch.

There's no question who's a beta cuck around this house hold. :(

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Take it from someone who did it, raising kids is piss easy and stay at home moms are all fat for a reason.