The Fishing Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Good morning of fishing hitting some local ponds and creeks.

IMG_20190421_104411968_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190317_131734001_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190319_095053217_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190317_143442978_HDR.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I thought you liked 'em longer for when I give you the courtesy of a reach around.

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
quite a nice pompano, 4KG. roasted the collar and steamed the head straight after.

pompano.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Were you doing the supposed white power symbol on purpose there?

How big was that bass? Must have been a hell of a lot of fun on a fly rod. Were they all caught on the fly rod?

• 1Seriously?

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I know a few of you are from the DFW area so I figured I would ask here, I just recently bought my first fishing boat and have been out to eagle mountain lake a few times and so far I have caught zero fish. I have tried crank bait, jiggs, swim bait and nothing has worked. Any tips on where I should be looking this time of year?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Were you doing the supposed white power symbol on purpose there?

How big was that bass? Must have been a hell of a lot of fun on a fly rod. Were they all caught on the fly rod?

Yes...

Bass was maybe a couple pounds, and all caught on a fly rod. There’s a creek close to the house that’s got a nice variety of fish in some of the pools. I typically bring a 9’ 5wt, and 8’ 4wt with me. The panfish are a lot of fun to catch on the 4wt. Pretty much every cast you’ll hook one on a small cricket / hopper pattern. It’s just a nice way to spend a morning, even if they aren’t monster fish. Even better if I can catch them on flies I tied myself.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I caught 15 of these guys Saturday at Tawakoni. I haven't had much luck over here on the west side around Eagle Mountain or Lake Worth. Lavon, Tawakoni, and Ray Hubbard are my go to spots near DFW.

IMG_20190505_085354930.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know about that. Seen too many gators in the lakes and around them while fishing in TX. No thanks I'll find another fish lol.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
People mentioned in the comments that it's noodling. Interesting thought. If a game warden had been there I doubt like hell he would have called it that, but I wonder where the line is.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Went down to the Texas coast for the long weekend. Worked the marshes around Freeport with shrimp under a popping Cork and had a pretty good day catching redfish.
IMG_20190527_170120473.jpg

• 4Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went fishing 1 time last year, after investing in a rod and some spinners for the first time ever in my life.

Hoping I can get some more time out there, and bring my 6 year old this time? We'll see how it works out.

• 4Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Went fishing 1 time last year, after investing in a rod and some spinners for the first time ever in my life.

Hoping I can get some more time out there, and bring my 6 year old this time? We'll see how it works out.
Best way to start a young kid fishing is just a simple bobber and some worms. They get so excited seeing that bobber go under and you're almost guaranteed to catch something, even if it's just a little perch.

• 4Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Best way to start a young kid fishing is just a simple bobber and some worms. They get so excited seeing that bobber go under and you're almost guaranteed to catch something, even if it's just a little perch.

This is how I started all my kids. It's awesome to watch their excitement when the bobber starts bouncing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'll probably take my daughter soon, also 6. I'd need to buy everything andnfogure outnwhere to go, but I do miss fishing. Use to go every Saturday morning in college

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll probably take my daughter soon, also 6. I'd need to buy everything andnfogure outnwhere to go, but I do miss fishing. Use to go every Saturday morning in college
Figuring out where to go is the problem.