The Fishing Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Good morning of fishing hitting some local ponds and creeks.

IMG_20190421_104411968_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190317_131734001_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190319_095053217_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190317_143442978_HDR.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I thought you liked 'em longer for when I give you the courtesy of a reach around.

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
quite a nice pompano, 4KG. roasted the collar and steamed the head straight after.

pompano.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Were you doing the supposed white power symbol on purpose there?

How big was that bass? Must have been a hell of a lot of fun on a fly rod. Were they all caught on the fly rod?

• 1Seriously?

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I know a few of you are from the DFW area so I figured I would ask here, I just recently bought my first fishing boat and have been out to eagle mountain lake a few times and so far I have caught zero fish. I have tried crank bait, jiggs, swim bait and nothing has worked. Any tips on where I should be looking this time of year?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Were you doing the supposed white power symbol on purpose there?

How big was that bass? Must have been a hell of a lot of fun on a fly rod. Were they all caught on the fly rod?

Yes...

Bass was maybe a couple pounds, and all caught on a fly rod. There’s a creek close to the house that’s got a nice variety of fish in some of the pools. I typically bring a 9’ 5wt, and 8’ 4wt with me. The panfish are a lot of fun to catch on the 4wt. Pretty much every cast you’ll hook one on a small cricket / hopper pattern. It’s just a nice way to spend a morning, even if they aren’t monster fish. Even better if I can catch them on flies I tied myself.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I caught 15 of these guys Saturday at Tawakoni. I haven't had much luck over here on the west side around Eagle Mountain or Lake Worth. Lavon, Tawakoni, and Ray Hubbard are my go to spots near DFW.

IMG_20190505_085354930.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know about that. Seen too many gators in the lakes and around them while fishing in TX. No thanks I'll find another fish lol.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
People mentioned in the comments that it's noodling. Interesting thought. If a game warden had been there I doubt like hell he would have called it that, but I wonder where the line is.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Went down to the Texas coast for the long weekend. Worked the marshes around Freeport with shrimp under a popping Cork and had a pretty good day catching redfish.
IMG_20190527_170120473.jpg

• 4Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went fishing 1 time last year, after investing in a rod and some spinners for the first time ever in my life.

Hoping I can get some more time out there, and bring my 6 year old this time? We'll see how it works out.

• 4Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Went fishing 1 time last year, after investing in a rod and some spinners for the first time ever in my life.

Hoping I can get some more time out there, and bring my 6 year old this time? We'll see how it works out.
Best way to start a young kid fishing is just a simple bobber and some worms. They get so excited seeing that bobber go under and you're almost guaranteed to catch something, even if it's just a little perch.

• 4Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Best way to start a young kid fishing is just a simple bobber and some worms. They get so excited seeing that bobber go under and you're almost guaranteed to catch something, even if it's just a little perch.

This is how I started all my kids. It's awesome to watch their excitement when the bobber starts bouncing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'll probably take my daughter soon, also 6. I'd need to buy everything andnfogure outnwhere to go, but I do miss fishing. Use to go every Saturday morning in college

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll probably take my daughter soon, also 6. I'd need to buy everything andnfogure outnwhere to go, but I do miss fishing. Use to go every Saturday morning in college
Figuring out where to go is the problem.