The Flash (2023)

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marvel is trash, everything they have put out the last few years is ass. Not like DC is any better (other then the last batman movie).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So wait hold on. Not reading this whole thread. From skimming it, I'm confused. Did they use this movie to switch the timeline from Snyder DCU to Gunn DCU, or what?

Cause they've got this movie where Barry Allen changes the timeline, and it's the perfect opportunity to recast a bunch of characters and change everything up for the new Gunn version, while also having it keep continuity with what we've seen already rather than rendering it obsolete.

Like an absolutely golden opportunity. Did they...not do that?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So wait hold on. Not reading this whole thread. From skimming it, I'm confused. Did they use this movie to switch the timeline from Snyder DCU to Gunn DCU, or what?

Cause they've got this movie where Barry Allen changes the timeline, and it's the perfect opportunity to recast a bunch of characters and change everything up for the new Gunn version, while also having it keep continuity with what we've seen already rather than rendering it obsolete.

Like an absolutely golden opportunity. Did they...not do that?

They shot a Gunn approved ending in January 23, which dropped the old DCU ending of Gadot/Revill cameos.

I am guessing as Gunn hasn't cast his core characters yet it was too early to film cameos.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Timeline:

Originally was going to be a pivot from the DC extended Universe (DCEU) aka the "Snyderverse" (he had quit due to family thing that happened way back when this movie was first getting story boarded) to new DCU. This new DCU was going to be woke garbage passing the torch from old white man version of batman (michael keaton) and superman (Henry Cavil) to bat girl and super girl running the show. For the record the batgirl film was so fucking terrible they literally just tossed it mid shoot. That's why this film had Michael Keaton and supergirl in it and that's what the original ending resulted in, a pivot from DCEU to the DCU with opportunity to keep some of the original DCEU stars around and recast others.

Then the WB Discovery merger happens and the woke retards in charge are immediately fired, batgirl gets canned, and a temporary staff is put in place to run DC while they search for the DC version of Kevin Feige to run a cohesive movie/tv/etc universe. The temporary president of DC reshoots the ending to leave it ambiguous, with not only Keaton and supergirl but also Cavil's superman and the rest of the snyder characters still around (ie not erased). This happened/reshoots done around the time of the press tours for Black Adam and all the Rock shit happening with Henry Cavil.

Then WB Discovery hires James Gunn and the other producer guy to run DC, and he immediately axes all of the DCEU/DCU etc and makes all of them deadends/non-canon. As a Joke they shoot a 3rd ending with the george clooney batman at the end. Officially none of these DC movies are part of shit, they are all just dead ends.

The first character of the new DCU is blue beetle, the first movie (being written and directed by Gunn) is the new Superman: legacy or whatever its called.

none of this shit matters.

edit: once again dogcumeater Ossoi is wrong yet again.

Good to see you finally admit I was right about the DCU. now :emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

none of these movies take place in the Gunn DCU so why the fuck would Gunn have tried to put his actors in the ending? you stupid fuck. don't forget to kill yourself in real life.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
don't forget to kill yourself in real life.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh, is that why everyone adds "in minecraft" to the end of their statements?

Ok Tranny shit eating dog cum licker, kill yourself in minecraft

• 3Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
edit: once again dogcumeater Ossoi is wrong yet again.

Yeah, keep reminding people you can't read your own article you linked.

"Clooney was brought up as a long shot, but Gunn and Safran jumped on the notion."

That sounds like "They shot a Gunn approved ending in January 23" to me

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So... they didn't use their golden opportunity to reboot the DCU or introduce new characters.

Basically this movie is just as fucking useless now from a storyline perspective as Black Adam.

Meaning Aquaman 2 is also a lame duck storyline. At least it'll do well since Momoa gets women so wet.

And they're starting over and actually having things "matter" again with Blue Beetle who most people haven't heard of.

Allllllrighty then, I'm out. Marvel and DC were fun while they lasted, now both have imploded in completely different ways.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So... they didn't use their golden opportunity to reboot the DCU or introduce new characters.

Basically this movie is just as fucking useless now from a storyline perspective as Black Adam.

Meaning Aquaman 2 is also a lame duck storyline. At least it'll do well since Momoa gets women so wet.

And they're starting over and actually having things "matter" again with Blue Beetle who most people haven't heard of.

Allllllrighty then, I'm out. Marvel and DC were fun while they lasted, now both have imploded in completely different ways.
Also a core problem they have is that they have forgotten who the core comic book movie fans are in an effort to try to get people who aren't that into them. You can tell that in that they went with the Blue Beetle that most people still look at and say.. "Well.. if it ain't Ted Kord, it ain't my Blue Beetle"...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
oh, is that why everyone adds "in minecraft" to the end of their statements?

Ok Tranny shit eating dog cum licker, kill yourself in minecraft
TFW you take a movie thread so seriously that you wish someone would kill themselves because they disagree with you...

30 rock rage GIF

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Kind of but not quite.

Gunn is starting a whole new DCU from scratch with new actors being cast as Superman etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Here's my thought on the "Gunn approved ending."

James Gunn and Peter safran took over just in time to influence the ending of the flash. An ending was initially filmed with Michael Keaton and Sasha calle both showing up at the end, showing that not only was Barry able to exonerate his father, but also save Bruce Wayne and Kara (Barry turning into the dark flash, or whatever his official moniker is, was directly because he couldn't find a way to save batman and supergirl).

However, Gunn and safran were like, we don't want Ezra anywhere near our franchise so we are effectively jettisoning him off into the timeline with batnipples.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Here's my thought on the "Gunn approved ending."

James Gunn and Peter safran took over just in time to influence the ending of the flash. An ending was initially filmed with Michael Keaton and Sasha calle both showing up at the end, showing that not only was Barry able to exonerate his father, but also save Bruce Wayne and Kara (Barry turning into the dark flash, or whatever his official moniker is, was directly because he couldn't find a way to save batman and supergirl).

However, Gunn and safran were like, we don't want Ezra anywhere near our franchise so we are effectively jettisoning him off into the timeline with batnipples.
Apparently the original ending also set up Crisis, which were the Superman and Wonder Woman scenes that were cut.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

its a major major fuckup to say the DCEU and everyone you associated with it is dead when over half a billion dollars worth of movies are about to be released. then he announced projects that involve his buddies and wife. Gunn is a big dummy. i hope all of this fails.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm hoping the people at WB are comfortable embracing the "these are all dead end write offs" approach to the remaining movies until Gunn's first one since.. well..

That is catastrophic on possibly a historical level...

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users