The forgotten movies

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
its understandable, why would they? especially old IPs. they got a new version of Adams Family out. i know nothing about it, i watched the TV show when it was on syndication during the 70s-90s. then they had the movie in the 90s. It had a good run for an IP based on a TV show that was only on for 2 seasons back in 1966. but today? eh nobody cares about that shit anymore. i wouldnt even make my kids watch it or recommend the original show. doesnt matter, its still being pushed on us. whether anyone likes it or not. Galaxyquest is a great film, buti dont think kids would make too many connections with it since its based on the original series of Star Trek and on the cast members lives. mostly Shatner and Nimoy.
I watched tons of movies from before I was born.

It's most of what I watched growing up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's the difference between a generation of parents where entertainment media like television and movies were a treat and not a distraction.

Parents in those generations remembered and cherished those moments because they were active entertainment options you had to seek out. That's never going to be a thing in the sensory overload generations. You're not even going to really be able to do that for your own kids, they won't get it and they won't care. Our generation was the cusp. We didn't grow up with immediate gratification, it didn't become available to us until we were older. So we understand both sides.

We grew up in a unique time in that regard.

• 5Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I watched tons of movies from before I was born.

It's most of what I watched growing up.
i grew up on old movies. Buster Keaton, Little Rascals, Three Stooges Abbot & Costello and Laurel & Hardy. as i got older i started watching everything i could from the beginning of movies on up. i definitely prefer movies from the 1920s and early 30 before the Hays Code kicked. i dont talk about it much cuz everyone already calls me an old geezer bcause i talk about 70s and 80s films. imagine if i started talking about my favorite Wallace Beery or Lon Chaney films?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
i grew up on old movies. Buster Keaton, Little Rascals, Three Stooges Abbot & Costello and Laurel & Hardy. as i got older i started watching everything i could from the beginning of movies on up. i definitely prefer movies from the 1920s and early 30 before the Hays Code kicked. i dont talk about it much cuz everyone already calls me an old geezer bcause i talk about 70s and 80s films. imagine if i started talking about my favorite Wallace Beery or Lon Chaney films?
Cinema peaked in 1962 with Lawrence of Arabia.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Just watched this a couple days ago and it's still completely fucking awesome.

If someone today made the greatest 80s tribute movie possible, it would he The Last Dragon
Little Big Man is a great movie. They packed so much into that movie. It is very funny and charming and then it switches to some really bad bad stuff. There is a death scene, that is gut wrenching right after a very grotesque and somewhat fun scene embedded in a slaughter of Indians.

Edit: Uh, meant to quote chucks post.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Little Big Man is a great movie. They packed so much into that movie. It is very funny and charming and then it switches to some really bad bad stuff. There is a death scene, that is gut wrenching right after a very grotesque and somewhat fun scene embedded in a slaughter of Indians.

Edit: Uh, meant to quote chucks post.
sorry, man, probably should have mentioned that the movie has a few tough scenes. i guess they needed to show why he wants to kill Gen Custer. i forgot about that because they made Custer cartoonishly insane to the point that it sort of deflates the horrible things he was portrayed as doing.

-edit
BTW all those movies i suggested have some tough scenes in it. thats how the 70s were.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I watched that movie way back. I bought the DVD I think like 15 years ago.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
0914D555-9C9B-41E6-8605-FC43C53351B8.jpeg

843DAB1F-54B1-4F79-9DD3-E0118E7CFFDE.jpeg

Prob one of the coolest villain introductions I’ve ever seen

Fun fact: this was originally going to be a vehicle for The Rock and I believe it was to be called “Jack of All Trades”

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i probably posted this already, damned if i know what thread, we have so many nostalgia movie threads now.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The remake is due out soon but the original Firestarter with Drew Barrymore hasn't really aged as well as I thought.

I also remember enjoying the Damien series, though they would go on to beat that dead horse over and over. 80's horror was pretty solid.

Remake trailer:

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
None of you amateurs remembered this?

And who can forget “Radio Flyer,” the film my parents took me to for my birthday, thinking it was some adventure flick about kids who build a flying wagon and then it turned out to be a film about child abuse?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There were two movies I used to check out from the local library almost every week. Flight of the Navigator and DARYL. That movie was awesome.

I loved watching the robot boy hit homeruns

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one of my favorite horror movies as a kid. it wasnt really scary, but it was fucking cool as hell
Kristy Swanson, still looks good for her age.
iu

• 1Solidarity