The Gifted

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Gifted

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-10-02

Creator: Matt Nix

Cast: Jamie Chung, Stephen Moyer, Sean Teale, Natalie Alyn Lind, Amy Acker, Emma Dumont, Percy Hynes White, Coby Bell, Blair Redford

Overview: A suburban couple's ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So when I first saw a synopsis of this project I immediately thought "uh, hard pass" but this trailer does show some promise:

The show seems to feature --

Thunderbird, Polaris, Blink

In addition to Strucker (as in Baron Von Strucker...) teenager 1&2 who seem to be your basic telekinetics (lame... hopefully there's more to them than that) there is a new character called 'Eclipse' which was a name that Sunspot used in the Age of Apocalypse alternate reality, but here seems to be sort of a hybrid of Sunspot and Dazzler capable of absorbing and emitting light.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 139731[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Gifted[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-01-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Family adventure series tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Just from the VE is looks like it has a bigger budget than Legion did.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So it's Heroes in the X-Men universe..."Dad puts people like us in jail." :)

It has Amy Acker so I'll give it a shot. :)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
god damnit wouldn't have cared if Jamie Chung was there
f8c6c539fb35ee39a061d695a8e95eda.jpg

Girl always gets the support "fill an asian" roles

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed the pilot, it does feel like Heroes. Also ever girl is god damn cute especially Chung and Polaris

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just started watching, but ran to the forum to make this thread. Only to see you guys already started it.

It's off to a good start. This is in the same vein as Legion. So I'm in.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was kinda predictable, but good fun still. Way better than inhumans.

The elf look certainly works for that chick though.

It was a bit weird seeing Amy Acker as the mom, kept thinking she looked too young to have 18 year old kids, even though I know she isn't.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
With a body like that, it's a natural conclusion.

Amy-Acker-Feet-1403331.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Jesse from Burn Notice is going to be the "Good Guy" Sentinel

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed it, much more than Inhumans, even if it had a slight Heroes feel to it. I am intrigued by the timeline and where it actually fits into the Xmen universe.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I enjoyed it, much more than Inhumans even it had a slight Heroes feel to it. I am intrigued by the timeline and where it actually fits into the Xmen universe.
Inhumans has really ugly Medusa whereas this has

Nice milf
Exotic minority
Cute blond teen (18 irl, so you're ok)
They even throw in a got chick.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
All that plus i was able to make it through the episode, i couldn't finish Inhumans.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
was ok. not amazing, not horrible.

just another rehash of mutant x, the alphas, heroes, The tomorrow people, etc..

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
god damnit wouldn't have cared if Jamie Chung was there
View attachment 139891

Girl always gets the support "fill an asian" roles
I'd fill that asian namean?

I like the show. Way better than Inhumans, but that doesn't decide whether or not I keep watching this one. I just like it. Sort of has a Tomorrow People vibe to it, to be honest.

18 year old hottie is smoking too.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database