The Good Place

spronk

FPS noob
Season 4, the final season, is set to begin on Sept 26th. In between seasons 3 and 4, they have put up something called "The Selection", 6 shorts (~5 mins each) of stuff that happened between minor characters in between season 3 and 4. You can watch it online on NBC, I just torrented it

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

So i've been reading some interviews about the show for the 4th season that is upcoming (tomorrow).

They didn't spoil anything, but based on their answers, I suspect how it will end. Attempt at Nostradamus...

They won't get into the Good Place, but they won't go to the Bad Place. I don't think it will be a Medium Place either. One of the things the creator of the show mentioned in interviews is that the main takeaways from the show he wants people to have is a) what we do on Earth matters b) even if you don't succeed, it is important to at least try to be good, because not trying is much worse.

So if you take into account season 3's "Earth redo" experiment, and the fact the actress who plays Tahani mentioned she was "devastated" by the ending at first but still found it funny, this is what I think happens: After the experiment, they acknowledge that human souls can improve. So the solution will be that after people die, unless they have a shitload of negative points or a shitload of positive points, they will go to a "soul rehab" and then get reincarnated to try again, the idea being that an improved soul will let them maybe do better next time around...which was evidenced by the redo on Earth in season 3.

So I suspect that the squad all get reincarnated, but as a perk for running the new experiment, they get to pick who their parents will be. Jason will pick Blake Bortles, Tahani will pick her sister, and Chidi/Eleanor will pick something where they grow up as neighbors or whatever. Then maybe there is a flash forward when they are kids and they all meet up and all have some unexplained connection to each other.

Alternate is Chidi + Eleanor stay in Soul Rehab to help others perhaps? That is my guess anyways.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So i've been reading some interviews about the show for the 4th season that is upcoming (tomorrow).

They didn't spoil anything, but based on their answers, I suspect how it will end. Attempt at Nostradamus...

They won't get into the Good Place, but they won't go to the Bad Place. I don't think it will be a Medium Place either. One of the things the creator of the show mentioned in interviews is that the main takeaways from the show he wants people to have is a) what we do on Earth matters b) even if you don't succeed, it is important to at least try to be good, because not trying is much worse.

So if you take into account season 3's "Earth redo" experiment, and the fact the actress who plays Tahani mentioned she was "devastated" by the ending at first but still found it funny, this is what I think happens: After the experiment, they acknowledge that human souls can improve. So the solution will be that after people die, unless they have a shitload of negative points or a shitload of positive points, they will go to a "soul rehab" and then get reincarnated to try again, the idea being that an improved soul will let them maybe do better next time around...which was evidenced by the redo on Earth in season 3.

So I suspect that the squad all get reincarnated, but as a perk for running the new experiment, they get to pick who their parents will be. Jason will pick Blake Bortles, Tahani will pick her sister, and Chidi/Eleanor will pick something where they grow up as neighbors or whatever. Then maybe there is a flash forward when they are kids and they all meet up and all have some unexplained connection to each other.

Alternate is Chidi + Eleanor stay in Soul Rehab to help others perhaps? That is my guess anyways.

I always thought that it would end up that

They ultimately fail in the Good Place / Bad Place war but that Janet, owing to her insane number of resets, has effectively become powerful enough to be a god... so they go off into her void and make a new Earth where Michael is the archangel Michael, etc.

That having been said I like yours better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There's only been one episode.

Show's still got it. Good premiere.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Show's still got it. Good premiere.
Really? I feel the series has been kinda shitty after season 1. Season 1 was brilliant but, as I've stated before, afterwards it felt like they didn't really have a plan of where to go with the story.

iannis

Musty Nester
They kinda didn't have a tight plan, but there's still mostly great episodes even in the face of no super cohesive arc.

Remember that it's a 30 minute show on NBC. It's a sitcom. S1 detailed the situation, S2 was the com part of it. It's not an Amazon / Netflix 1 hour 10 episode format.

I do think that S3 had a more pointed arc to it.

It's pretty easily one of the best sitcoms I've ever watched. They fit smart, funny, and sweet into that short runtime. A full hour would be -too- much Chidi and philosophy dumps.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah and remember this is the final season and they went in knowing that, its not gonna drag its ass on the ground.

i thought the premiere was a bit weak, the characters felt slightly off for whatever reason but I liked it still. It mighta leaned in too hard on remembering everyone's quirks, so probably just more me forgetting stuff. Like I saw Jason Manzoukas and all I could start thinking about was John Wick 3 lol, I'm still not sure what he did in the show other than was a boyfriend Janet created?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's part of the joke with Jason. Even when Michael's going around throwing out accolades he just goes "Jason, you..." and moves on to the next person.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm really loving this season. Can't wait to see where it goes, and how the entire series ends. Pam Anderson motorcycle was funny.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So Brent is entirely just the show writer's subtle attempt at getting Trump voters and #metoo offenders to admit they were wrong?

spronk

FPS noob
So Brent is entirely just the show writer's subtle attempt at getting Trump voters and #metoo offenders to admit they were wrong?

typical privileged white male

i don't mind any of the meta-commentary on conservatism and all that, i expect that from this kinda show. this season has just been kinda boring though, none of the characters really feel right other than brown beautiful scarecrow and jason. The 6 main characters don't interact much either, just run from problem to problem.