The History of Pizza, Ancient and Storied

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Asians don't need to invent machines since they have 1 billion people to manually do all the things

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

How the fuck did I get a week long time out for talking about hurricanes and SPAM but Pizza derails goes a whole day? Buncha anti-Hawaiian racists up in here, gonna report you all to the 9th circuit.

1374-3-large.jpg

• 7Like
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 9 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i've been doing pizza dough as a new years resolution to do baking (in the cooking thread)

i have a recipe, and all that, so far i need to stretch it out better

i can do the beginning stage just fine
anigif_sub-buzz-18605-1531504483-2.gif

then i do the vertical stretch quickly with my knuckles, but i still lose it
IMG_0642.jpg

for now i'll be trying some SAF yeast, i keep forgetting to add it on amazon (it's the silly add-on order)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

chicken-low-res-641x484.jpg

I just ate my healthy dinner, but I wish had some fucking pizza.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Americans invented pizza like everything else that's great in Western Civilization.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
fat chef Mario Batli known for being one of the first celebrity chefs, wearing crocs and sexually harrassing all his female employees...
well no he's been cleared
Police close sexual assault investigation of celebrity chef Mario Batali

anyway, he's said that NY pizza tastes good cuz of the vaporized ingredients and cooking of an oven that is almost a century old, a gesatalt of flavor.

I would never discount what a fat fat chef says in relation to food. (i'm sure for us that cook, our most prized culinary tools is an old ass well taken care of seasoned cast iron pan).

• 2Like

Pops

fat chef Mario Batli known for being one of the first celebrity chefs, wearing crocs and sexually harrassing all his female employees...
well no he's been cleared
Police close sexual assault investigation of celebrity chef Mario Batali

anyway, he's said that NY pizza tastes good cuz of the vaporized ingredients and cooking of an oven that is almost a century old, a gesatalt of flavor.

I would never discount what a fat fat chef says in relation to food. (i'm sure for us that cook, our most prized culinary tools is an old ass well taken care of seasoned cast iron pan).

When the food channel first became popular, I noticed the show hosts slowly getting fatter.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pizza would have been a wealthy person's food about a century before it was a blue collar meal. The idea of fresh fruit (Tomatoes) and cheese being something blue collar is a product of fabulous wealth (The same wealth that built the skyscrapers). It just didn't exist in times before Capitalism. (And, I'm not saying Capitalism is what caused all this, rather I just think with technology increasing productivity, Capitalism became the most efficient way to utilize the explosion of wealth and innovation.)

It's not at all hyperbole to say that lower middle class in America eat better than royalty just 3 centuries ago (When royalty was extremely decadent, pretty much their apex of wealth.)

It would depend entirely on the country. In Italy tomatoes and cheese were pretty much plentiful staples. Along with olives and lots of other stuff. Most farms across Europe made some sort of cheese, or traded for it. Along with jerky and other salted goods it was one of the few foods that could be relied on to eat during the winter.

But I do agree, even zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk eats better than royalty during the renaissance.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Oh fucking lol this was pulled from the pol thread huh?

My experience with "good" homemade pizza was that if I was gonna do the legwork of assembling it and baking it, I could just get some flour, eggs, cheese and tomato paste and some italian sausage or pepperoni and saved myself 10 bucks.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
About to eat this bad boy, got it from my mother when I went to visit on Sunday, it didn't come in a box just a clear plastic wrapper. Leads me to believe that it was a two pack and my mother ate one and it was so good she wanted her son to try it or it was shit and she wanted it out of her freezer.
Let you guys know in 20.
20190115_162339.jpg

• 1Like