The Hobbit

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I saw this yesterday. The 3D glasses got on my nerves a little bit. There really wasn't that much stuff that seemed to be 3D, but then again I didn't see it in an IMAX theater. I was hoping it would be kind of like Beowulf in terms of 3D effects but I guess you can't do that kind of 3D with real people. Once the movie got to the scene with Bilbo and Gollum I forgot I was even in a theater. It really makes me want to go back and read the book. I haven't read it since being a freshman in high school but I was totally locked in. The only shit I would nitpick is the goblin city falling apart. It looked like popsicle sticks being thrown at a HD camera. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
of all the nit picking i could do about the movie, being too long is definitely not one of them. i think the ADHD generation is ruining movies and video games. i guess if it's more than an hour and a half long, their meds stop working and they can't sit still long enough to enjoy anything. kids these days don't like any movie that isn't a brain dead action flick (guess that's why they keep making fast and furious movies every year). plot, dialogue, character development? who the fuck needs that?

Noah

Molten Core Raider
I watched this movie in HFR 3D and my main complaint would be that I really dislike when there is action on screen + the camera is moving. It makes it very difficult to see what is going on.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
PJ decided to leave it out to show the true uniqueness of Sting.
Geez, why? There was nothing unique about Sting, it was just some random elvish dagger. Hell, even in the lotr wiki they can't do more than say, "Uhh well, it might has belonged to some elf, possibly an elvish lord...? Maybe...? It HAD to of been important since it was found buried until a pile of crap nearby to Glamdring and Orcrist, right? ..right?"

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Wife's at work. Went to see this a second time. Walked out right at the troll scene. Fucking bored.
frown.png

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Out of all the movies that are currently out, you were bored and went to see one of the movies you have already seen and didn't like?
I am enjoying the book and wanted to see it again. But I feel horrible today so that probably contributed, and I'm working tonight (hoping no sick people come in, but since I just wrote that, it means every hospital will transfer their unmanageable patients to me at 2:00am!), so the dread of that probably made me just not want to sit there for three hours. Will finish book tonight.

... Should have tried to see Jack Reacher!

Sean_sl

shitlord
Probably going to see this tomorrow. Think it's worth it to drive about 30-40 minutes to see it in HFR 3D? Only have regular theaters here in town.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Probably going to see this tomorrow. Think it's worth it to drive about 30-40 minutes to see it in HFR 3D? Only have regular theaters here in town.
yes, definitely worth the 30 min drive to see it in HFR 3D. in all honesty, it doesn't really add anything to the movie, just looks kinda cool. it's a gimmick, but i felt like the special effects in the movie were somewhat enhanced by it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Saw it again, this time in HFR3D. I went in expecting the worst, fake-looking crap I'd ever see. Instead, I thought it was great!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Saw it this weekend in 48fps 3D. Everything about this movie was awesome. Every single part. I would not cut anything out.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
HFR 3D was insane, it was like you were looking though a window watching everything happen right in front of you, by far the most visually pleasing movie I have ever seen.

I liked the movie overall, my big complaint was when

The Eagles appear from no where to rescue them from the Orcs. Shows them watching the Eagles come down and swoop them up one by one, then fly them through the night and dump them on an outcropping. They all get off and not a single one of them is wondering where the fuck giant eagles the sive of RV's came from or is even slightly interested in fact as to how they knew to come rescue them...no one freaked out or was even mildly excited/curious about them.

Again, it's minor, but for some reason...it bugged me.

Lemeran

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gandalf sent the little butterfly looking thing to get the eagles. Was the same in lotr. You see that before the eagles save the day.

Gruden

<Bronze Donator>
Gandalf sent the little butterfly looking thing to get the eagles. Was the same in lotr. You see that before the eagles save the day.
I think his point is more that the dwarves and bilbo arent wondering where the hell they came from.