The Interview - Rogan and Franco attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-Un

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Jaybee confirmed hates America.

No, but seriously.. I've only watched the first half so far (was showing it at the local game store for friends, but had to pause it, will watch more later) and we've all been pleasantly surprised.

It's not the best movie ever, but not as terrible as I thought it might be. We've all laughed enough times that it was worth my $6 to rent.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I noticed one thing that they didn't properly CGI at the very end of the movie.

After they return back to the US, there's a scene where Franco is reading from his book and you see Seth walking through his studio and gives someone a hug. He had all of his fingers when he hugs.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Significantly better than I expected it to be. I would have rather paid to see this in the theaters than The Gambler.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd say 6.5/10. Awesome I saved $4.25 seeing it I suppose. There were some good moments, but I think it lacked the Danny McBride element that Pineapple Express had. Ders at the end made me laugh really hard, for some reason.

LOL@ whoever was complaining there was one black person in the movie. There were like 5 total characters and 80% of the movie is in fucking North Korea. If it makes you feel better, Lizzy Kaplan is half Lebanese.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Better than I expected. Every scene had some good laughs and at no point did the movie drag. Franco pulled the movie's weight with his super hammy over-the-top performance. B+

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Would have probably been angry if i paid 40 dollars to watch this in a theater(popcorn plus a wife). But for 6 bucks? This shit was great.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They would never have the balls to do it, but The Interview 2: Palling with Putin guest starring the real Sarah Palin and the NSA hiring them to take out Snowden could be amazing.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I'd say 6.5/10. Awesome I saved $4.25 seeing it I suppose. There were some good moments, but I think it lacked the Danny McBride element that Pineapple Express had. Ders at the end made me laugh really hard, for some reason.

LOL@ whoever was complaining there was one black person in the movie. There were like 5 total characters and 80% of the movie is in fucking North Korea. If it makes you feel better, Lizzy Kaplan is half Lebanese.
Probably upset because the one black dude in the movie was an obvious honeydick.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The honeydick line is the one thing with staying power. I think we'll be hearing that for the next year.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
You could tell it was coming but hearing Firework play as Un's body explodes was hilarious.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Watched this last night and I laughed pretty good at some parts. Totally a rental but a solid "frat boy" type comedy non-the-less.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just seen this, got a few good chuckles out of me. No complaints, solid movie!

I loved the ending being exactly what James Franco suggested in the first place. I wonder how closely the plot follows Lord of the Rings haha, Seal Team 6 = "The eagles are coming"?

DMK_sl

shitlord
Just seen this movie. Franco took his character way to far. If he had of held back a bit and made his exaggeration of a hollywood presenter a bit more subtle would have been much more funny. I feel like there wasn't enough banter they tried to cram to much into it and it was a bit to formulaic.

Still had a few laughs but I'd say horrible bosses 2 was better.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was it Seal Team 6 though? There were only like 5 guys there.
Hahaha, yeah I thought the exact same thing during the scene
smile.png