The Interview - Rogan and Franco attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-Un

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
somebody explain to me how modern theatrical releases work?
About a week or so (or less if the movie is still being edited) before the movie is released each theater will receive 1 special proprietary hard drive with the movie encrypted on it. For the next day or so the projectionist will take that hard drive and essentially copy the movie to each projector (I think that the hard drive only allows you so many "copies" but don't quote me on that) that is planed to show the movie. After each movie is preloaded onto the projectors you wait. Usually the night before (or in the case of really high profile movies an hour before) the movie company will email each theater a passcode (long ass string of random numbers and letters) to decrypt the movie and allow it to be shown.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_85638.jpg

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
rrr_img_85639.png

there were terroist threats on movie theaters. there's no way they could show the movie. sony just made the decision for them. it didn't hurt that there is probably more sony stuff that hasn't been leaked yet that they are hoping the hackers won't release.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Instead of spending all that money to harass movie pirates, they should have spent it to hunt down movie terrorists.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's a bad idea to call bluffs when you are not sure whether or not the interlocutor is a rational agent.
It's north korea, what are they going to do, starve in our general direction and then shoot some proles?

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Maybe they can stop us from seeing Ben Affleck in a Batman suit, I'd be all for that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's a bad idea to call bluffs when you are not sure whether or not the interlocutor is a rational agent.
The level of sophistication required to steal some gossipy emails has no connection to the level of sophistication required to pull off RL attacks.