The Last of Us

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Leaked spoilers
Oh My God Reaction GIF by Friends

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok this started off good for the first 20 minutes. Holy fucking shit did it get bad with this annoying as fuck Ellie character. Even Joel cannot save this. What a fucking train wreck.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea, no negative complaints from me, this was very very good in my mind. Elle is supposed to be annoying AF this episode, anyone forgetting that needs to go replay part 1. The Viper works very well as Joel, it it was nice seeing Anna Torv again, she always needs to be in stuff.

Excited to see where this goes, even if I know the story. They really played the first seen infection to perfection with the dog knowing something was wrong. This show could be the next "big" one. That scene from 1968 with Big Head felt right out of Chernobyl.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't stand Anna Torv but the popcorn is ready after the ravens game. Nm ravens went full retard

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
First episode was about as close to the game as you could hope for. Yes, Tess and Ellie are both ugly, Ellie is annoying (but was annoying in the game too), and Sarah was black for some reason, but story wise they stuck pretty close and just cut some game parts that didn’t really relate much to the story anyways. Joel casting was by far the best of what we’ve seen so far

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I was preparing for this to be a complete shit show, but episode one was great. Stuck to the game storyline nicely. Bonus points for DM at the end of the episode

• 2Like

Homsar

I was preparing for this to be a complete shit show, but episode one was great. Stuck to the game storyline nicely. Bonus points for DM at the end of the episode
I kept thinking it was going to put out a message but it was strait forward from the game. I spent to much time trying to hate it.

I will say if this a success Pedro is starting to turn into a Sean Bean

Homsar

In*

I just know he typically does and this role is the same

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
First episode was actually a lot better than i figured it would be, i'll follow it for the first few episodes at least if it keeps up the same pace

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Never played the games, good show so far. The initial infection scene with the daughter with the ramping response was super fucking eerie. Probably how it would happen in real life, just with a lot slower government response because of political bureaucracy. Pedro Pascal is great in everyhing, again.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I really enjoyed the first episode. Was very faithful to the atmosphere and feeling of the game in that intro sequence with Sarah.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this. Ellie is quite the bitch. The airplane scene taking out the vehicle was pretty well done. Only thing I could not figure out, was when Joel and Theresa go to meet up with the resistance? They climb through tunnels and up into a building. The door is blocked by a body. They go in to find a bunch of bodies and even remark that they smell the gun powder. Its seemed like the fight had happened fairly recently and yet no gun shots were heard in a situation where they would have been heard for quite the distance. It just kind of through me off.

I never played the game. The fungus obviously can spread by way of direct contact. Are they also air born? If air born, how would anyone be safe? I guess it would be physically difficult to stop a grown adult from getting close to you unless you were prepared for it. The old lady was not a young adult and so did not have the agility and strength of somebody young who was infected. This might explain how something requiring physical contact could spread.

So far so good. Looking forward to next Sunday.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I never played the game. The fungus obviously can spread by way of direct contact. Are they also air born? If air born, how would anyone be safe? I guess it would be physically difficult to stop a grown adult from getting close to you unless you were prepared for it. The old lady was not a young adult and so did not have the agility and strength of somebody young who was infected. This might explain how something requiring physical contact could spread.

It was airborne in the game, and you wore gas mask a lot, and there were environments just filled with spore clouds.

They changed it to the tentacles for a number of reasons.

One (and probably primary), putting your whole cast in gas masks is a filming and ADR nightmare; do it wrong and everyone ends up sounding like Bane for DKR, plus youre just hiding their faces.

Two, if the spores were airborne, humanity would probably just all be wiped out by now with no chance of avoiding it. Fun for a game mechanic, less so for a TV show when it comes to some level of realism of a fungal zombie doomsday.