The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Oh ok, ill just jump down the mountain I got 75% up because it started raining and go find a fire and then do it all over when it starts raining again.

There are plenty of places where there isn't a fire near where you basically either have to just sit there and wait for it to end or just fast travel somewhere else. Same with anything involving a torch, super fun to have it rain like 6 times lighting the lanterns for Robbie's forge.

It does nothing to add fun or challenge to the game, just tedium

You can make a fire anywhere, just drop wood and flint and then hit the pile with a metal weapon. I picked that up from a loading screen tip I think.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Oh ok, ill just jump down the mountain I got 75% up because it started raining and go find a fire and then do it all over when it starts raining again.

There are plenty of places where there isn't a fire near where you basically either have to just sit there and wait for it to end or just fast travel somewhere else. Same with anything involving a torch, super fun to have it rain like 6 times lighting the lanterns for Robbie's forge.

It does nothing to add fun or challenge to the game, just tedium

You can start a fire pretty much anywhere, so long as you're carrying some wood, a flint and a metal weapon. Just drop the wood, drop the flint near it, strike the flint with your metal weapon and a fire will start. I don't go hiking without packing at least a couple branches and a flint, Link is the new Bear Grylls.

I get what you're complaining about but honestly it's more amusing than tedious to me, that kind of attention to detail is funny to me. Was it tedious that frickin COINS had weight in EQ? Yes. Was it hilarious when you hopped off the bank counter and fell to your death from sheer weight after a 2 foot drop because you accidently turned your platinum into a zillion copper coins? Also yes, in retrospect.

The last Zelda had me hiking a mountain by going up two screens, this one requires me to climb while managing my stamina, checking the weather, and planning on my supplies before attempting it. It's different, but there are people that find both systems fun.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I burned my entire Sunday playing this game and it just flew by. As much as I'm loving it, I can't help but think how much better it would be on a more powerful system at 60 fps. Regardless, it's some of the most fun I've had in a game in a long time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
im stuck on the last boss in zora's beast, im getting him super low but all my shit is breaking. guess i need to go farm some weapons and come back.

love the game but weapons break entirely too easy sometimes i have to swap every mob depending on what it is. It would be better if things had a durability bar and possibly a way to repair things.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I get what you're complaining about but honestly it's more amusing than tedious to me, that kind of attention to detail is funny to me. Was it tedious that frickin COINS had weight in EQ? Yes. Was it hilarious when you hopped off the bank counter and fell to your death from sheer weight after a 2 foot drop because you accidently turned your platinum into a zillion copper coins?

I thought it was awesome when I had to carry 3,250 in gold to give to Bootstrutter and was moving about .1 mph on my way to Rathe.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
im stuck on the last boss in zora's beast, im getting him super low but all my shit is breaking. guess i need to go farm some weapons and come back.

love the game but weapons break entirely too easy sometimes i have to swap every mob depending on what it is. It would be better if things had a durability bar and possibly a way to repair things.
I went to Hyrule Field before I hit up the Zora area and got the tower and a few shrines. There were some pretty nice weapons there, for the level, and as long as you avoid the Guardians it isn't too bad. I didn't know about the shield parry thing with killing the Guardians so I just ran around them.

But I managed to get 2-3 decent swords and a couple of nice bows that made the water ganon fight much easier.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I burned my entire Sunday playing this game and it just flew by. As much as I'm loving it, I can't help but think how much better it would be on a more powerful system at 60 fps. Regardless, it's some of the most fun I've had in a game in a long time.
I did the same thing. I don't know if it's the best game in history yet or anything, but I know that it has been a while since I blew this much time on a game and was still eager to play it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wouldn't even consider myself a Zelda fan necessarily but this game is amazing. It is whimsical, gives a true sense of exploration, challenging, engaging ... it has a lot going for it. Bonus that my wife loves watching it too so I can play it on the big TV for hours on end and she loves to play backseat Link and help me solve the puzzles. It is really a great game. If you already own a WiiU this is a must pickup title.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

Thankfully I had the Lynel sword from the shock arrow mini-boss on Shatterback Point so that did quick work of the Zora's Domain dungeon boss... I'd say you probably have to go farm a few weapons but at least you can easily teleport right back to the dungeon and the boss is right near the entrance. There ARE repairable weapons in the game but they are plot-related weapons that you'll get at specific moments, and then there are unbreakable weapons that you can get by doing specific quests / tasks (there's like 3 unbreakable items total from what I read).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I started playing yesterday around 2:30 or 3. Made a lazy throw-frozen-food-in-the-oven meal around 6 or 7 because I wanted to keep playing. Next time I looked at the clock it was 12:30. Been a long time since I got carried away in a game like that.

That's actually a lie. I just picked up Witcher 3 a few months ago and doubt I'm even halfway through that game. But I've definitely gotten carried away on that one too.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Been working all day, having withdrawal symptoms.

Tried to get to bird man village by climbing up an epic cliff, shimmied up a windmill, glided to another wildmill, glided to the cliff and climbed and climbed. Got to a ledge near the top and did some bomb mining, got to close and got blown off the ledge and ragdolled down the cliff. Faries kept me alive through several impacts until I landed on a shine at the bottom, dead.

I wasn't even mad, it was amazing.

I also did the second blue flame quest and got rain. Had to wait out two sets of rain with lightning impacting all around me, couldn't find a covered area for fire to sleep through it. It was cool!

This game is Dwarf Fortress style fun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just found out equipping elemental weapons will change your temperature, so may be smart to have a fire/ice weapon handy for going through the snow or death mountain/gerudo.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
recently found a fire elemental sword, awesome looking weapon. When it drains, the weapon looks normal, then it fills back up with fire again. very cool. But i never use it, i'm afraid it'll break :(

on a side note, i have to try this now hahah

Siliconemelons

Thankfully I had the Lynel sword from the shock arrow mini-boss on Shatterback Point so that did quick work of the Zora's Domain dungeon boss... I'd say you probably have to go farm a few weapons but at least you can easily teleport right back to the dungeon and the boss is right near the entrance. There ARE repairable weapons in the game but they are plot-related weapons that you'll get at specific moments, and then there are unbreakable weapons that you can get by doing specific quests / tasks (there's like 3 unbreakable items total from what I read).

Gah how did you kill that fucker, he 1 shots me with the sword and arrows take me down from full to 1/4 heart left lol - also if I run even like all the way down his arrows just come straight down from the sky and rape me lol

Edit... I am nub in the game however- I was wondering around and what not - didnt even do the plot point after impa yet lol- i just happend upon the zora line

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Man, I can't even sail the raft normally, I doubt flying it will do me much better. Fucking korok leaf bullshit.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Alright, you assholes win. I suppose I have to pick this up now despite not being able to finish any other 3D Zelda I've tried. I went back and forth between Wii U and Switch, and while watching some streams on my big TV I could definitely see a slight improvement on the Switch, but fuck that thing. An additional $300 for one game now? Nah. If it turns into a viable system in a year maybe I'll grab it on sale w/ a bundle. The only reason it wouldn't collect dust now would be for a game that I could easily play without it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Gah how did you kill that fucker, he 1 shots me with the sword and arrows take me down from full to 1/4 heart left lol - also if I run even like all the way down his arrows just come straight down from the sky and rape me lol

Edit... I am nub in the game however- I was wondering around and what not - didnt even do the plot point after impa yet lol- i just happend upon the zora line

You have to stay close to bait his melee attacks. Most sword swipes come from the side so a backflip timed correctly will get you a flurry opportunity. When he runs away and puts away his weapon, he's about to charge and you need to side-step. Always try to stay close so he doesn't wreck you with the bow.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I went to Hyrule Field before I hit up the Zora area and got the tower and a few shrines. There were some pretty nice weapons there, for the level, and as long as you avoid the Guardians it isn't too bad. I didn't know about the shield parry thing with killing the Guardians so I just ran around them.

But I managed to get 2-3 decent swords and a couple of nice bows that made the water ganon fight much easier.
Really the fight is pretty easy if you are comfortable using the cryosis rune. Can use it to block most of his attacks and destroy his ice blocks he sends at you

Chris

Potato del Grande
What!? I've been destroying ice blocks with a dwindling supply of arrows... never thought of Cryrosis.