The Lord of the Rings

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wheel of time would have been better, or Stormlight archive.

They are working on WoT, I think they already said they are “loosely” following the books so who knows how good it will be.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I mean, they have some 'POC' in it, I guess? No idea what roles/how important they will be. View attachment 243541View attachment 243542
images

• 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it will be horrible. All that good triumphs over evil dribble. Pathetic. At least in GoT basically all main characters were fucked up and had an evil agenda (in the first 5 seasons or so) and if not, they pretty much got killed off. With LotR everyone will be skipping down the yellow brick road holding hands. Only characters getting whacked will be minor ones with no impact. Plot armor will rule this series.

• 1Cringe

Maul

Dental Dammer
They are working on WoT, I think they already said they are “loosely” following the books so who knows how good it will be.

Perhaps loosely following means no braid tugging, soon as I see that shit it's a big fucking nope from me.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
it will be horrible. All that good triumphs over evil dribble. Pathetic. At least in GoT basically all main characters were fucked up and had an evil agenda (in the first 5 seasons or so) and if not, they pretty much got killed off. With LotR everyone will be skipping down the yellow brick road holding hands. Only characters getting whacked will be minor ones with no impact. Plot armor will rule this series.

Sadly this is true. I would peg the entire Lord of the Rings as more of a fable, where GoT was hard fiction.

• 1Seriously?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Kept reading this as "Wrinkle in Time" and wondered what the fuck happened to you guys.

Relieved when I remembered how to read again.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

rumor going around that the whole writing staff were let go and work on the show is on hiatus after getting the pilot and maybe other show finished.

also Tom Shippey (....widely considered one of the world's leading academic scholars on the works of J. R. R. Tolkien....) is rumored to have also left.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rumor going around that the whole writing staff were let go and work on the show is on hiatus after getting the pilot and maybe other show finished.

also Tom Shippey (....widely considered one of the world's leading academic scholars on the works of J. R. R. Tolkien....) is rumored to have also left.
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Got sucked

iannis

Musty Nester
S2 was pretty good. Legitimately good. And it obviously fell off hard the final 3 years.

It was good as a series. Some years were better than others.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
11800-c65wdGKRznql6FDg6SgXy4cKGfp.jpg

Title: The Lord of the Rings

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Patrick McKay, John D. Payne

Cast: Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Ema Horvath, Robert Aramayo, Tom Budge, Nazanin Boniadi, Owain Arthur, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Sophia Nomvete, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers, Maxim Baldry

Overview: Lord of the Rings based TV-series, set during the 3,441-year period, known as the Age of Númenor, or the Second Age.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
S2 was pretty good. Legitimately good. And it obviously fell off hard the final 3 years.

Image result for confused gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Now that Christopher Tolkien is dead, they can just remake Lord of the Rings but random characters are black/gay/female like every other reboot.

Why make a spin-off? The original needs fixing for today's woke people.

• 1Barf

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Wife was telling me about this, apparently it's not going to be canon at all.

So, knowing that, it's going to be a ret-con cash grab...yay...
It's based on the second age. Not 3rd age, curious where is the reference to "it's not canon " the movies by jackson are not canon" , yet they are awesome.. as far as I know Tolkiens mythology has never been expanded from a canon perspective.

Last edited:

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

I liked game of thrones quite a bit, until I started digging deep and realized most if it is just regurgitated English/Scottish medieval history with dragons and white walkers.

Tolkien created a world and a unique history.

The long night that everyone prepared for was 1 episode? Lmao. The end game of GOT just destroyed it for me.

Martin cant even finish what he started and it's all based on history anyway. Of course the HBO writers trashed his work as well. By season 3 it became just a shock attention grab with gratuitous gore and sex. Not that I minded that, but that's what grabbed people.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It will probably be apocryphal. Not explicitly canon or non-canon. Like they won't recreate Tolkien's actual second age stories, they'll just make up random shit with the second age as the setting.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's why S2 was so good to me. He didn't "write" much, he just reskinned a little bit of history. And it's a bit of history that i'm fuzzy on.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
It will probably be apocryphal. Not explicitly canon or non-canon. Like they won't recreate Tolkien's actual second age stories, they'll just make up random shit with the second age as the setting.

They don't need to , Tolkien wrote multiple versions beyond what was officially published. They have a ton to work and draw from for 2nd age, a lot of stuff more dramatic that 3rd age. Sauron as "hostage" in Numenor , slowly turning Ar Pharazon into a puppet, erecting his great temple to Melkor complete with human sacrifice, etc.

And then they can do the 1st age, which is damn good too.

• 1Solidarity