The Man in the High Castle

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's worth watching. The setting is really well thought out and intriguing. My biggest complaint was that I thought all the side characters were infinitely more interesting than the three main ones, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
AMAZON PRIME TV IS NOW AVAILABLE IN CANADA.

SEASON 2 RELEASE DATE: 12/16/2016

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Jesus Christ its 20 episodes long and I'm only just now starting to catch up on everything else besides Westworld that came out this fall.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Christ its 20 episodes long and I'm only just now starting to catch up on everything else besides Westworld that came out this fall.
I also had no idea this existed until I dug it out while bored.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Love the setting but most of the characters are SO bad. Anything with Frank and the resistance is just bad. John Smith is easily the most interesting character... next to Joe.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay so finished the series as the weekend is cold as fuck and I have a hardon for the setting.

Legitimate teleporting between alternate realities has been introduced. This is the source of the films themselves and Trade Minister is capable of physically teleporting when he meditates with his dumb sticks. His secretary guy is also from our reality and came to the show's reality via meditating on a hospital bed after the Hiroshima bomb. He stays in the show reality because his family is alive in it.

Juliana is the worst character on this entire show and everything she does makes zero sense. She routinely betrays every single person she interacts with and has caused the death of Frank's sister and her kids. Multiple resistance fighters. Japanese and Nazi people (good ones)... yet she is still used to drive the plot. Seriously these people knew of her duplicitous nature and still fucking keep her around when she is an absolute liability to anyone and everyone. Put a bullet in her head and forget about her skank ass.

Fuck she makes me salty as fuck

Overall everything involving the Oppengruppenfuhrer John Smith, the Kempetei Chief Inpector Kaito and the Trade Minister are good. Everything involving the resistance is pure aids purely because of the characters they use to drive it (Frank/Juliana). Ed and the Antiques dealer are interesting enough and Joe is... okay.

But the foundation "le resistance" of the show is AIDS and that is going to kill it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So how worth is it watching this? On a level of must watch all immediately to someday in the future when there is nothing else to watch?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
So how worth is it watching this? On a level of must watch all immediately to someday in the future when there is nothing else to watch?
It tells a story where he was the other man and you were the one.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Part of me wishes they would have retcon'd out all the alt reality stuff and just let this show play out as a what would happen if the nazi's / japan won the war. I could watch seasons and seasons of that story, but every time alt reality stuff comes up I start to glaze over.

Ending of season 2 was fucking awesome on the nazi side, although pretty annoying with the amount of cliffhanger fuckery they did with dumbbitch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users