The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Just accept that everything new is going to suck as a baseline because the people that make things have gone Weimar crazy post 2016 and their idea factory is broken. Like in Warhammer 40k, they can't make new things and can only copy/corrupt older better ideas. "Subverting Expectations" is just a way of saying "We can't make anything new, so here is the old stuff in a different way but one that conforms to our tiny circle of Coastal Media, Critical, and Academic Elites Ideological expectations by tearing down traditional symbols".

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If trinity is the one then that means she fell in love with herself. typical woman.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Guess this released early with everyone here having seen the movie.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just accept that everything new is going to suck as a baseline
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The character Sati (the little girl from the 3rd Matrix) is in this as the Oracle, shes in the first trailer reading the Alice in Wonderland book.
This is consistent with the ending of the third movie. Also the likely-reappearance of Neo is also mentioned in the ending as well.

Remember that the ending of the third movie, the Matrix still exists. The machines are still dependent on the Matrix existing. There is only a truce, and that the truce means that humans (and programs?) will be given a choice as to whether they want to live in the Matrix or not. But the machines don't actually believe in choice, and likely believe that all choices can be manipulated etc. But there must always exist a One in every iteration of the matrix to give the people who want out of the Matrix the illusion of choice.

Morpheus lives in Zion now, so they would have to make a new Morpheus in the new Matrix. Agent Smith was deleted as all fuck, that was the whole point of Neo being hooked directly to The Source in the final battle, and letting Smith infect him so that The Source could delete him, so a new Agent program would be in his place. Nothing we've seen is actually inconsistent with the lore previously established in the films.

I expect the sociological message of the movie to revolve a lot around the idea that our choices are all being manipulated by machine-learning algorithms and aren't real choices, and then the ultimate theme likely revolves around a love story about how Neo+Trinity=The One, two halves of a whole, destiny intertwined, etc. There's a scene in one of the two trailers where there's two pods arranged facing each other in a large open space in a way that makes an outline of a heart and there's probably going to be a corny ending where they create a new Matrix based on love.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I also think the Nu-Morpheus is a plant, and going to turn out to be a villain, which is why they're not using Lawrence Fishburn and never had any intention of casting him. The machines likely want to use Neo to keep perpetuating the cycle of the Matrix, only allowing a small subset of the humans the choice to free themselves, and Nu/Fake-Morpheus is ultimately an agent of control, allowing the cycle to go on in a more controlled manner than it did previously. And by Fake-Morpheus freeing Neo, but not Trinity, the machines are able to maintain this control, because in each of the previous movies, Trinity was the pivotal reason that Neo was able to break the cycle at each important decision-point. So without Trinity being freed, Neo is just acting as a puppet over and over in each new cycle and, not really The One, again feeding into the idea that it takes Neo+Trinity in order for The One to break the cycle like they did in the 6th Matrix.

• 3Like
  • 1SchwarzeNeg
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna lie. The new trailer that dropped today has seriously raised my hype meter.

kung fu GIF
Looks like shit. Small blue-haired lesbian boy is a dead giveaway this will be shit.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think Keanu would have agreed to this if the script wasn't good.

The thing that makes me most excited for this movie is the fact that the third Bill and Ted movie was so good, when it should have been fucking terrible.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Cringe

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
It appears a new war started, and Neo is trying to get Trinity to wake up so that the humans can have help fighting back.

The current iteration of the Matrix may not result in the creation of "The One" anymore and that may be what they are referencing with the Matrix being different.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Let me ask you tards this. Did any Matrix sequel live up to the first? I mean almost universally you guys shit on Matrix 2 and 3 for being complete and total dog shit, and since Matrix 3 came out 20 years have passed, the director cut his ballbag off, only one of the brothers even is a part of this, Hollywood is more Wokefag than ever and you expect this to be a good script? I know Mist Mist is a depressed masochistic whore of a human, but to suggest this will be a good script?

• 3Like
  • 2Garbage

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The last trailer I watched was for Santa Inc so it's possible I'm judging this relative to that.

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hoping that negative modifiers stack until overflow loops back around to creating a good movie

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Let me ask you tards this. Did any Matrix sequel live up to the first? I mean almost universally you guys shit on Matrix 2 and 3 for being complete and total dog shit, and since Matrix 3 came out 20 years have passed, the director cut his ballbag off, only one of the brothers even is a part of this, Hollywood is more Wokefag than ever and you expect this to be a good script? I know Mist Mist is a depressed masochistic whore of a human, but to suggest this will be a good script?

Were 2 and 3 great and better than the first? No.
Did I still enjoy the shit out of both movies? Yes.
Will I enjoy this even with the potential for wokeshit? Yes.

What can I say, I love the fucking Matrix.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the agent smith recasting they did sucks whale cock

baiting it in the trailer superimposed over Weaving's face did it no favors either, serving to further expose it. cringe callback.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
the agent smith recasting they did sucks whale cock

baiting it in the trailer superimposed over Weaving's face did it no favors either, serving to further expose it. cringe callback.

MR. ANDDDERRRRSONNNNN!

• 1Jonesing

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never shit on the second movie. i love it as much as the original in SOME ways and its almost as good in other ways. its by no means a bad movie and has one of the single most badass scenes at the very end leading into the third movie. what made the third movie super terribad was them never folloing up on that ending and making a long drawn out boring movie that i watched twice because i thought maybe i was missing something the first time. nope. was just as bad on rewatch. i think Mist is right to a small degree, would Keanu sign on for a shitball movie? probably not, but he also owes the Wachowskis for giving him such an iconic role. there is a level of payback going on here so in other circumstances i would say. "no way!" would he agree to make a shitball. but sometimes there is more at play here where you are obligated to make a movie you would otherwise take a pass at. my prediction? its a movie that people will watch and then we forget about it in january.

• 1Seriously?