The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, there's NO WAY Keanu would agree to a shitbag movie. If you look at his IMDB, it's fucking QUALITY all the way down.

Matrix 4 confirmed GOAT.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Were 2 and 3 great and better than the first? No.
Did I still enjoy the shit out of both movies? Yes.
Will I enjoy this even with the potential for wokeshit? Yes.

What can I say, I love the fucking Matrix.
I loved The Matrix as well. Let's ask a different question:

Has any soft-reboot in the last 6 years not sucked?

There is a whole post of examples upthread where they grudge-fucked member-berries and Cleveland-Steamered them before stealing cab fare on the way out.

Will they do the same thing here? Blue hair and pronouns says probably but we'll see. There's always a chance.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
cautiously optimistic, but not enough to see opening night. someone post once they've seen it and report plox

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
cautiously optimistic, but not enough to see opening night. someone post once they've seen it and report plox

It only costs between 50-100 for 2 people to see a movie with a drink and some popcorn stop being a pussy and take the plunge. Even if it sucks you will be able to bitch about it before others can.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
I loved The Matrix as well. Let's ask a different question:

There is a whole post of examples upthread where they grudge-fucked member-berries and Cleveland-Steamered them before stealing cab fare on the way out.

Will they do the same thing here? Blue hair and pronouns says probably but we'll see. There's always a chance.

I mean yea this movie is goign to be woke as shit, thats a given, but the question is will the story hold it together since the action is likely going to be just fine to great like the others

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kobra Kai is a remake/sequel done right.

I hope this doesn't suck.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

dunno the exact ages but

21 Jump Street
Dredd
It?
Godzilla? i liked one or 2 of em
Mandalorian is great

but yeah most have sucked balls, especially in the last 5 years. This isn't a soft reboot though, its pretty much a proper sequel ala new Star Wars movies which all sucked, at least that brought back all the cast (albeit very poorly) while this one is fucking over Agent Smith and Morpheus

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dunno the exact ages but

21 Jump Street
Dredd
It?
Mandalorian is great

but yeah most have sucked balls, especially in the last 5 years. This isn't a soft reboot though, its pretty much a proper sequel ala new Star Wars movies which all sucked, at least that brought back all the cast (albeit very poorly) while this one is fucking over Agent Smith and Morpheus
can you believe Dredd and 21 Jump Street was 2012?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
dunno the exact ages but

21 Jump Street
Dredd
It?
Mandalorian is great

The Force Awakens was a complete Soft Reboot, almost to the exact beat. 21Jump Street/It/Godzilla/Dredd are more or less "remakes", new movies with the same source material; most are outside of the window I specified, though. Mandalorian is completely new.

Everything about this so far screens soft reboot with Trinity as Neo and Neo as Trinity, with some give or take. They have the dojo, they have Red pill/blue pill, they have deja vu, they have a Smithalike/Neo fight, I bet at someone point someone is going to say "I need guns, lots of guns", etc. I mean, it might not be as exact a soft reboot as the Force Awakens, and it might not be super woke. Here's to hoping you are right.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are all you motherfuckers acting like Keanu wouldn't do a shit movie just ignoring the fact that he was in the 3rd one?

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean despite the revival of his star power with John Wick he's continued to sign on to absolute stinkers of projects, so him signing on to Theytrix is far from some guarantee of quality.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
New Agent Smith is pretty lame too.

They had Hugo at one point. Not sure where the negotiations failed. The official version is there was a conflict of interest with another project, but maybe he thought the script sucked.

smith.jpeg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They had Hugo at one point. Not sure where the negotiations failed. The official version is there was a conflict of interest with another project, but maybe he thought the script sucked.

View attachment 386671

LANA: No, then you say it like this MR ANDERRRRRRRRRRSONNNNNNNNNN.

This is the 4th movie. Agent Smith has changed.

Weaving: I think I have enough experience with the character. Although it's been some years, Lana...

LANA: Like you have to take a piss!!! Leap forward with a little hop when you say it and stick your chin out.

Weaving: ....for fucks sake, it's just a table read...

Weaving: *flips cellphone calendar* I have another commitment on that date Mr. Wachowski-- I can't do it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
LANA: No, then you say it like this MR ANDERRRRRRRRRRSONNNNNNNNNN.

This is the 4th movie. Agent Smith has changed.

Weaving: I think I have enough experience with the character. Although it's been some years, Lana...

LANA: Like you have to take a piss!!! Leap forward with a little hop when you say it and stick your chin out.

Weaving: ....for fucks sake, it's just a table read...

Weaving: *flips cellphone calendar* I have another commitment on that date Mr. Wachowski-- I can't do it.

If the guess that Trinity is The One this time around is correct there might be mess of thinly veiled Smash the Patriarchy mumbo jumbo. Hugo didn't feel like playing a troon's version of a sexist pig for 90 minutes.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm happy. Have my opening night tickets for both this AND Spider-Man. This month rules. Great seats on both counts.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I also think the Nu-Morpheus is a plant, and going to turn out to be a villain, which is why they're not using Lawrence Fishburn and never had any intention of casting him. The machines likely want to use Neo to keep perpetuating the cycle of the Matrix, only allowing a small subset of the humans the choice to free themselves, and Nu/Fake-Morpheus is ultimately an agent of control, allowing the cycle to go on in a more controlled manner than it did previously. And by Fake-Morpheus freeing Neo, but not Trinity, the machines are able to maintain this control, because in each of the previous movies, Trinity was the pivotal reason that Neo was able to break the cycle at each important decision-point. So without Trinity being freed, Neo is just acting as a puppet over and over in each new cycle and, not really The One, again feeding into the idea that it takes Neo+Trinity in order for The One to break the cycle like they did in the 6th Matrix.
No way. Black Software Lives Matter!

Seriously, they aren't going to make a POC the villain. They didn't cast Lawrence Fishburne because its a action role and he is, ehum, in less than action shape these days, IIRC.