The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Went to the theater for this. Movie sucked. I didn't want it to, and the trailer actually looked decent, but it sucked.

Friend and I saw the original in IMAX a couple weeks ago for hype and it was just as fucking awesome on the big screen as it was in 1999.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My friend texted me "ok matrix was bad and I like everything". The guy seriously likes every fucking movie so I always ignore his recommendations. I actually can't think of a single movie he's ever told me he didn't like

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
What the fuck did I just watch.

At least the 2nd and 3rd were entertaining and rewatchable, if not a classic like the first.

Keanu, WTF bro?

Sad Keanu Reeves GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck did I just watch.

At least the 2nd and 3rd were entertaining and rewatchable, if not a classic like the first.

Keanu, WTF bro?
WTF, you found 2 and 3 rewatchable and entertaining ooof.

Wait a fucking second, despite that you hated this one?

aRrVjbQ_460s.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
maybe an impossible task, and I'm sorry for asking, but can someone write a brief summary? i don't want to watch a 10-20 min utube video of summarized disappointment

i'm curious as a guy who thinks ep1 is infinitely rewatchable, 2 & 3 were only watchable once because of 1.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
WTF, you found 2 and 3 rewatchable and entertaining ooof.

Wait a fucking second, despite that you hated this one?

aRrVjbQ_460s.jpg
Yeah, I still watch them once in awhile. I'll still watch Batnipples & Robin too, even though it's one of the worst films ever made. Mister Cheez Arnold cracks me up, rest is absolute shit. The 2 Matrix sequels were decent/ok scifi action flicks, no more credit than that.

This one was fucking awful, even the fight scenes seemed slow and poorly choreographed. Neo wasn't affecting the code of Matrix, he had a stupid fucking telekinisis shield ripped straight from the main character from Push.

"Haha, we will use bullet time against you, it's your weakness now!" Jesus Titty Fucking Christ.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
maybe an impossible task, and I'm sorry for asking, but can someone write a brief summary? i don't want to watch a 10-20 min utube video of summarized disappointment

i'm curious as a guy who thinks ep1 is infinitely rewatchable, 2 & 3 were only watchable once because of 1.

the trilogy ends, peace is made. Morpheus becomes leader of the humans and peace lasts. A new matrix is created by the oracle that allows humans choice. Many more wake up. Eventually too many wake up and the machines have power shortages. A robot civil war breaks out and a new bad guy takes control. Some machines side with the humans. Peace didn’t last. Humans and friendly machines are bad to war with the bad machines and are essentially back to square one but they did have decades of peace.

unknown to all the evil machine leader was able to
Resurrect Neo and Trinity and place them back into the matrix. They find they are able to create the ultimate matrix by using Bro and Trinitys “powers” as a control over the matrix. This new matrix does not have choice. The oracle and all old programs are purged. This new matrix is not about control abd order like the OG but is basically modern day where people argue about everything on the internet. Fear anger and emotion rule the day. Facts don’t matter. Logic is lost. Sjws rule the world. Literal Twitter. Neo and Trinity are both inside the matrix . Neos identity is as a game designer who designed games that were the actual original trilogy. He’s still the one in a way so he slowly breaks free but keeps being controlled before he can get free. He creates a program of Morpheus which combines Morpheus and agent smith and eventually that program is able to escape and help free Neo. Since the current amazing matrix is built upon Neos code it starts to fail. The machines tell him if he doesn’t come back and stabilize the system ab reenter the matrix they will kill Trinity. Instead humans use this as a chance to free Trinity and defeat the new matrix. They realize Neo cannot be the one without Trinity. Her belief in him made him the one. So really they are the two and she awakens with powers the same as Neo so now there is two powerful beings and they take control
Of the matrix and vow to fix the system to be better for humans who don’t want to be free.

that’s the cliffs notes. Ends like the first one, with the “ones” with their powers awoken vowing to end the matrix

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
the trilogy ends, peace is made. Morpheus becomes leader of the humans and peace lasts. A new matrix is created by the oracle that allows humans choice. Many more wake up. Eventually too many wake up and the machines have power shortages. A robot civil war breaks out and a new bad guy takes control. Some machines side with the humans. Peace didn’t last. Humans and friendly machines are bad to war with the bad machines and are essentially back to square one but they did have decades of peace.

unknown to all the evil machine leader was able to
Resurrect Neo and Trinity and place them back into the matrix. They find they are able to create the ultimate matrix by using Bro and Trinitys “powers” as a control over the matrix. This new matrix does not have choice. The oracle and all old programs are purged. This new matrix is not about control abd order like the OG but is basically modern day where people argue about everything on the internet. Fear anger and emotion rule the day. Facts don’t matter. Logic is lost. Sjws rule the world. Literal Twitter. Neo and Trinity are both inside the matrix . Neos identity is as a game designer who designed games that were the actual original trilogy. He’s still the one in a way so he slowly breaks free but keeps being controlled before he can get free. He creates a program of Morpheus which combines Morpheus and agent smith and eventually that program is able to escape and help free Neo. Since the current amazing matrix is built upon Neos code it starts to fail. The machines tell him if he doesn’t come back and stabilize the system ab reenter the matrix they will kill Trinity. Instead humans use this as a chance to free Trinity and defeat the new matrix. They realize Neo cannot be the one without Trinity. Her belief in him made him the one. So really they are the two and she awakens with powers the same as Neo so now there is two powerful beings and they take control
Of the matrix and vow to fix the system to be better for humans who don’t want to be free.

that’s the cliffs notes. Ends like the first one, with the “ones” with their powers awoken bowing to end the matrix
Good break down, Breakdown.

You'd think the machines would quit faffing about and find a new way to make electricity instead of having to deal with Neo blowing up their shit every 20 years.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Good break down, Breakdown.

You'd think the machines would quit faffing about and find a new way to make electricity instead of having to deal with Neo blowing up their shit every 20 years.

right? Like can’t they toss together a few nuke reactors? I guess the sunk cost of the matrix is too much.

thenmachines don’t seem to progress much, just improving their system. In the end their logic is too strong, they just need to fix the anomaly.

meanwhile the current humans have improved tons. Their alliance with the friendly machines has given them new tech. They are able to enter abd exit the matrix much easier without the phone line shit, and they can also use the back doors like only the key master could in the original. So they can get all over the place easier.

there is a subplot with the new version of agent smith that makes no sense and has no value. He’s still a part of Neo as much as trinity is. Because of Trinity belief and killing smith made him the one they kee smith alive as a control on neo but once he’s free smith sort of becomes an ally because smith can only be alive and free if neo is alive and free. Or some shit:

Morpheus isn’t really Morpheus he’s a program. Morpheus is long dead. Niobe is an old black lesbian with aunt Rachel from family matters now and is 90 and the general of humans. Stupid.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
right? Like can’t they toss together a few nuke reactors? I guess the sunk cost of the matrix is too much.

thenmachines don’t seem to progress much, just improving their system. In the end their logic is too strong, they just need to fix the anomaly.

meanwhile the current humans have improved tons. Their alliance with the friendly machines has given them new tech. They are able to enter abd exit the matrix much easier without the phone line shit, and they can also use the back doors like only the key master could in the original. So they can get all over the place easier.

there is a subplot with the new version of agent smith that makes no sense and has no value. He’s still a part of Neo as much as trinity is. Because of Trinity belief and killing smith made him the one they kee smith alive as a control on neo but once he’s free smith sort of becomes an ally because smith can only be alive and free if neo is alive and free. Or some shit:

Morpheus isn’t really Morpheus he’s a program. Morpheus is long dead. Niobe is an old black lesbian with aunt Rachel from family matters now and is 90 and the general of humans. Stupid.

You also forgot about the robot Pokémon and ending the movie with rainbows.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I’ll be honest the end is hazy to me as by that point my brain folded in on itself and I shit my pants

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Movie just annoyed me.

NPH explaining that killbots were simpler and easier then Agents is fine and all and hell it even kind of worked in the train scene, but something was missing without them. Hell the first set in the movie inside Neo's model proved it, Agents are still cool and kill bot swarms at the end are not.

Hugo Weaving still should have been Smith, there is a way he talks that just made it all work

Not having the original fight chorographer was really obvious and its too bad that the movie suffered in that way. The Merovingian minion fight should have been a lot better then it was (like Reloaded's) and it was really obvious that the stunt work was very subpar.

Controlling Neo by having Deva Vu show up and changing everything (instead of small things like removing windows) was a neat idea that was shown so badly that it made my eyes roll

Breadkdowns summary was spot on and even reading it it doesn't sound like a bad movie, it was just so poorly made with such bizarre choices (like wtf was the Oracle mantra ray machine thing), or Io with its 11 inhabitants, and im still confused why Jessica Henwick needed to switch with trinity or really how that worked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Movie just annoyed me.

NPH explaining that killbots were simpler and easier then Agents is fine and all and hell it even kind of worked in the train scene, but something was missing without them. Hell the first set in the movie inside Neo's model proved it, Agents are still cool and kill bot swarms at the end are not.

Hugo Weaving still should have been Smith, there is a way he talks that just made it all work

Not having the original fight chorographer was really obvious and its too bad that the movie suffered in that way. The Merovingian minion fight should have been a lot better then it was (like Reloaded's) and it was really obvious that the stunt work was very subpar.

Controlling Neo by having Deva Vu show up and changing everything (instead of small things like removing windows) was a neat idea that was shown so badly that it made my eyes roll

Breadkdowns summary was spot on and even reading it it doesn't sound like a bad movie, it was just so poorly made with such bizarre choices (like wtf was the Oracle mantra ray machine thing), or Io with its 11 inhabitants, and im still confused why Jessica Henwick needed to switch with trinity or really how that worked.
I would assume the switch from Jessica and trinity or w/e was some kind of connection to the matrix. As in, so she doesnt get disconnected properly and die? Wasnt very clear and the way it was presented didnt make much sense, but I assume thats what it was.

Movie is a 4/10 - it was carried that little bit by Keanu and member berries. All it was was a cash grab.
Member_Berries.jpg

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Movie just annoyed me.

That’s what’s annoying. I wish this sucked because it was just tranny sjw fest. It’s not. There is a lot of actual good ideas that are just wasted and so much potential just wasted. Give this same movie and outline to another director and writer and I think it could have been great. Imagine if The Russo’s could have made this with a proper stunt team.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That’s what’s annoying. I wish this sucked because it was just tranny sjw fest. It’s not. There is a lot of actual good ideas that are just wasted and so much potential just wasted. Give this same movie and outline to another director and writer and I think it could have been great. Imagine if The Russo’s could have made this with a proper stunt team.

Didn't Sir.Chopsalot direct the action scenes this time instead of letting professionals do it.

That scene with purple hair running up the wall away from the screen while shooting from her ass is so goddamn bad.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't Sir.Chopsalot direct the action scenes this time instead of letting professionals do it.

That scene with purple hair running up the wall away from the screen while shooting from her ass is so goddamn bad.
All the fight scenes with blue hair was pretty bad. Her punches and jabs were so slow and weak. The choreography overall just sucked compared to 1999 matrix.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's pretty based and redpilled. I'm not sure the dick chopper would agree.

I mean, that's literally the explanation they used in the first one.

In the last one they even told you they weren't even real people that were turned into kamikazes.

For a movie as dumb as this was, how did shit they flat out explained to you go over your head?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ok, Wheel of Time won the "worst thing I watch this week" competition

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users