The Moral Superiority Thread: How much better are Vegans?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I was merely saying that if that's going to be the argument, then MOST people should be taking supplements if we're trying to prevent micronutrient deficiencies.

Except not, and you still cannot provide a serious citation from a peer reviewed source justifying this claim.

No, a shitty blog from a crank doctor is not a peer reviewed source.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Again, I wasn't the person saying vegans need to take supplements to survive.
I was merely saying that if that's going to be the argument, then MOST people should be taking supplements if we're trying to prevent micronutrient deficiencies.

Nope, you were saying the average person should take a multi vitamin. wrong wrong and wrong again. You're not even trying to shift the goalpost, you're trying to turn it into a fucking basketball hoop.

Get's called on linking a shit blog
Links a study from 16 years ago
Doesn't read study from 3 years ago
Passes out at keyboard from lack of rice and beans

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Again, you're a fucking idiot. And it's beans, rice, and spinach. ;)
Here is a fun thing I like to do. When there is a subject that can be addressed with hard evidence -- experiments and empirical measurements -- I like to start from the assumption that the PhDs who have been studying the subject for about 100 years have probably come up with some good ideas. I like to start by reading the textbooks and papers theyve written on the subject. Its a handy starting point. Something something standing on the shoulders of giants.

Thats just me. Some people may prefer to focus on blogs written by Communications Majors instead. Whatever works for you. Have a great lunch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Quoted for posterity

Because pretty much everyone has a micronutrient deficiency; if it's a concern enough for you, you should take a multi-vitamin. I'm not sure why everything needs to be broken down for you.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Because pretty much everyone has a micronutrient deficiency; if it's a concern enough for you, you should take a multi-vitamin. I'm not sure why everything needs to be broken down for you.
Except there is no scientific evidence (blogs dont count) to support your position

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Baseless claim is baseless.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Nope, you were saying the average person should take a multi vitamin. wrong wrong and wrong again. You're not even trying to shift the goalpost, you're trying to turn it into a fucking basketball hoop.

Get's called on linking a shit blog
Links a study from 16 years ago
Doesn't read study from 3 years ago
Passes out at keyboard from lack of rice and beans

It's like you can't follow the logic. I was responding to someone saying vegans need to take vitamins.
I said everyone should be taking a multivitamin if that's what you think.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's like you can't follow the logic. I was responding to someone saying vegans need to take vitamins.
That does not change your position, which still has no scientific evidence to support it

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I don't care what someone else said. The above is baseless and wrong. It's equal to saying "everbody should burn a 10 dollar bill every month." The end result is the exact same.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Vegans don't need to supplement.

But you supplement and everyone should supplement.

Just nevergone things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Like, if you take the entire population of the human species, across the whole planet, then maybe you can justify the claim "The average person should take a multivitamin" but that's only because at that point, the average person is a 3rd world peasant living in India China or Brazil, eating literal shit out of the local rivers.

But in no sane world does nevergone actually mean that.

What he means is "The average 1st or 2nd world citizen has a micronutrient deficiency and should take a multivitamin" and there is literally no justification for that claim.

My dick is required in your ass.

That's some pretty big butthurt right there, you monstrous faggot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user