The Netflix Thread

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
L O L I hope no one had any hope of this being anything than absolute shit tier sjw garbage;

Just saw the scene where his parents are literally mourning the loss of their son, and she scolds them for keeping it a secret from her and quits. And then yeah...goes on to say she was the true victim even though a man died literally to protect her.

Kevin really did capture modern feminism well, I have to admit.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
its not that complicated really, take one middle age man or wyman who feels out of touch, mix in a few 20-somethings "creatives" who have lived their entire live sheltered on twitter thinking that saying shit you say on twitter is the way you talk out loud, mix them together and you end up with a monstrosity where scripts are written like reddit threads and casting is done based purely on "how would this look as a instagram banner".

For now Netflix, HBO, amazon, etc have a mix of "this is what people want" and "this is shit nobody is wanting" and the former props the latter. Remember as well the simple fact that white women control a huge chunk of streaming consumption and they have extremely specific tastes (hot men thirsting after simpleton white women, lots of murder, random cooking and decorating and house/shoes/clothing glam) and bam you have the current entertainment industry.

No more Rome, Black Sails, The Wire, Mad Men, BSG, TNG, etc or what I'd consider the golden age of TV. Its all Bridgerton, Greys Anatomy, Crown, Queens Gambit, etc. You have to take the Mandalorians, Cobra Kais, Ted Lasso's, etc as scraps and in a few years I'd expect "strong men" shows to completely vanish.

The really sad part is that shows with those strong male leads do really, really well it seems like--I have a feeling people are genuinely hungry for shows like that because they are so rare.

That said, those shows like Mando and Kai also do something else right--they actually bridge the gap between generations in a respectful way, that celebrates what things were, while also passing the torch to how things are now. People love that...and its really not hard to do.

I think you have a bunch of show runners who are so bitter they can't make their own original idea, that they refuse to respect the IP they are working in and quickly destroy it so they can establish a kind of line that shows 'this is where MY idea begins'. And as you said, this is all cheered on by creatives and ideologues who think deconstruction in the epitome of art, and also believe it will feed into the current desires they see on twitter. But it all bombs because, shocker, twitter is less than 10% of the population, and only a small portion of twitter actually speaks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Who looked good with the "Im a bull dyke" haircut?
Its not just the haircut, Teela doesnt look like a woman, she doesnt look like Teela. Literally looks like a dude. All of the women look like men in this with how jacked their bodies are and masculine their faces are.

What are the SJWs going to do in 10-15 years when theres no more established liked IPs to pervert?

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who looked good with the "Im a bull dyke" haircut?
i was gonna retort with Cyndi Lauper
iu

but no, she looks like shit also.
this was the best i could come up with
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's called a half shaved undercut and yes, Natalie Dormer was the last woman I can think of to actually look attractive with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

we used to call it a fohawk. it was sorta common in 80's punk/metal. unless there is details about it i am missing.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
Lots of punk chicks rocked that shit in the 80s/early 90s. Now it is all horrible hambeasts and chicks who stink of patchouli/being unwashed, mixed with the lingering odor of 'I have to disappoint my parents'.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Just absolute complete fucking garbage. Makes zero sense to me. Presumably anyone who wanted to watch this today would have some fond memories of the original. So why go out of your way to shit on and fuck over every component that made the original a fond memory. I made it through 1.25 episodes.

I have no problem revisiting characters or filling in gaps with more nuanced or questionable characteristics. I have no problem telling unusual stories with established characters. But taking something that was at one time appreciated for what it was and fucking undermining and shitting all over it at every turn - it just makes no sense to me.

I hope Kevin Smith’s leash has finally wrung his neck with this abomination.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he apologized to Clownfish on his podcast and said he lied because he didnt want anyone to know what was going to happen. he literally said that.
he also said that he doesnt think He-Man was sidelined because he sacrificed himself . he literally is sidelined. what does it matter how he was taken out of the show? he's also crying about the downvotes he got on Rotten Tomatoes and he claimed he complained to Netflix about it and they told him that they dont give a fuck. he sounds fuckin terrible.
i am just repeating the highlights from this video. watch Geeks and Gamers at your own peril.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Nice of him to straight up admit he has absolutely zero integrity and will happily say whatever is needed to shill his work.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That bitch boy vegan soy fuck won't see another dollar or podcast listen until his fat fucking heart explodes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know why Kevin Smith gets so much praise in general, like he's some kind of savant at directing.

Yes, Clerks was a funny movie. Then he made a few more versions of Clerks that weren't quite Clerks.

He's a piece of shit. Stop worshipping him.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Laggy upload

Attachments

• d7qeid7-55d8928e-7266-4c95-8f71-6f22b5fdb079.jpg
    d7qeid7-55d8928e-7266-4c95-8f71-6f22b5fdb079.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 7

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Its not just the haircut, Teela doesnt look like a woman, she doesnt look like Teela. Literally looks like a dude. All of the women look like men in this with how jacked their bodies are and masculine their faces are.

What are the SJWs going to do in 10-15 years when theres no more established liked IPs to pervert?

Just came to this thread after watching that on YouTube.

it’s a shame because some of the concepts for this show could have gone well.

you could have done a story about he man sacrificing himself to save Eternia, then hundreds of years later, some young kid goes on a quest to restore the sword of grey skull in the hopes of bringing he man back because a new evil has arrived on Eternia.

season finale: sword is restored and the young kid becomes the new he man, but it also resurrects skeletor for the second season.

idk I thought of it in 30 seconds gimme a break

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think this whole thread gave this shitty show more consideration than its worth.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf