The Netflix Thread

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I thought the show was good. The only thing that bothered me was Teela's voice was super off to me.

He-Man was this Paladin powerhouse invoking his ideals. He was encouraging and strengthening his allies in his adventures through Eternia. He goes down doing righteous shit and gets a just reward for his deeds and even choose his most pure form in his reward.

Teela felt invalidated and an impostor among great people that Adam shared his secret with. She wasn't good enough in his eyes to herself. The story takes on the form of what He-Man did alone when he was alive, encouraging others to be a better and work together to achieve their goals.

I liked it for what it was and I hope there is a second season.

• 3Pathetic
  • 3Seriously?
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think this whole thread gave this shitty show more consideration than its worth.
eh its nothing to do with the show. the show was just a minor thing back in the day. my friends didnt have big discussions about He-Man. GI Joe and Transformers were the big deals in the playground. the deal is Kevin Smith and how he used to be the edgelord in regards to comedies. then he ran out of ideas and started repeating the old ones and now is just recycling old shit over and over relying on nostalgia berries. he's got Clerks 3 in the works and thats going to be interesting to see if anyone supports it when it comes out. he's pretty much over now. him just lying to fans and saying they arent real fans because they didnt like the show makes his career end much faster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I don’t get how Smith can criticize Burton’s Batman as not being faithful then cranks this shit out

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I thought the show was good. The only thing that bothered me was Teela's voice was super off to me.

He-Man was this Paladin powerhouse invoking his ideals. He was encouraging and strengthening his allies in his adventures through Eternia. He goes down doing righteous shit and gets a just reward for his deeds and even choose his most pure form in his reward.

Teela felt invalidated and an impostor among great people that Adam shared his secret with. She wasn't good enough in his eyes to herself. The story takes on the form of what He-Man did alone when he was alive, encouraging others to be a better and work together to achieve their goals.

Way to do the heavy lifting for them. Project much?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
he apologized to Clownfish on his podcast and said he lied because he didnt want anyone to know what was going to happen. he literally said that.
he also said that he doesnt think He-Man was sidelined because he sacrificed himself . he literally is sidelined. what does it matter how he was taken out of the show? he's also crying about the downvotes he got on Rotten Tomatoes and he claimed he complained to Netflix about it and they told him that they dont give a fuck. he sounds fuckin terrible.
i am just repeating the highlights from this video. watch Geeks and Gamers at your own peril.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

it's played out and cliche at this point but really no other gif encapsulates reading this post

3684249gr49w9f2jv.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
he apologized to Clownfish on his podcast and said he lied because he didnt want anyone to know what was going to happen. he literally said that.
he also said that he doesnt think He-Man was sidelined because he sacrificed himself . he literally is sidelined. what does it matter how he was taken out of the show? he's also crying about the downvotes he got on Rotten Tomatoes and he claimed he complained to Netflix about it and they told him that they dont give a fuck. he sounds fuckin terrible.
i am just repeating the highlights from this video. watch Geeks and Gamers at your own peril.

Kevin Smith has turned into a real shitty person. Bummer.

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Can anyone recommend some "non-woke" "non-sjw" shit on Netflix. I was bored today so I watched a couple episodes of this Shadow and Bone series it keeps recommending to me and talk about hammered dogshit.

• 1Garbage

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Can anyone recommend some "non-woke" "non-sjw" shit on Netflix. I was bored today so I watched a couple episodes of this Shadow and Bone series it keeps recommending to me and talk about hammered dogshit.
Good fucking luck. Maybe stick to Korean movies and anime?

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

F is for Family
Death Note (anime)
all the resident evil and underworld movies are on there now
Dark Matter and The 100 were ok if you never saw it originally
DOTA Dragons Blood is pretty good
Pacific Rim The Black (animated) wasnt bad
all the IP Man movies are on there
The Last Dance was 10/10 michael jordan docu
Nightcrawler, Cobra Kai, Ragnarok, Age of Samurai
World War II in Color

you get a few of those under your belt and the only thing recommended afterwards is good anime, WW2 docus, and older movies/shows

I keep two sub accounts (plus kids ,wife, etc), "mine" and then a random one named Retard which I regularly delete and recreate so my recommendations don't get infected when I click on something random. I never "browse" Netflix or Youtube or whatever on "my" account, only on the Retard account. I know exactly what I want to watch on my account.

google, amazon, youtube, etc are all run by algorithms now and the more you watch of X the more the engine learns what kind of homo you are. People who always whine and bitch about how they get SJW shit or whatever get that crap because, surprise surprise, they watch utter crap and the engine has figured out what kind of bucket their autism fits in

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I pretty much only have Netflix for their awesome documentaries and anime. Planet Earth and Our Planet in 4k is insane.

All their original series fucking blow, except Norsemen. Holy fuck is that show funny.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
F is for Family
Death Note (anime)
all the resident evil and underworld movies are on there now
Dark Matter and The 100 were ok if you never saw it originally
DOTA Dragons Blood is pretty good
Pacific Rim The Black (animated) wasnt bad
all the IP Man movies are on there
The Last Dance was 10/10 michael jordan docu
Nightcrawler, Cobra Kai, Ragnarok, Age of Samurai
World War II in Color

you get a few of those under your belt and the only thing recommended afterwards is good anime, WW2 docus, and older movies/shows

I keep two sub accounts (plus kids ,wife, etc), "mine" and then a random one named Retard which I regularly delete and recreate so my recommendations don't get infected when I click on something random. I never "browse" Netflix or Youtube or whatever on "my" account, only on the Retard account. I know exactly what I want to watch on my account.

google, amazon, youtube, etc are all run by algorithms now and the more you watch of X the more the engine learns what kind of homo you are. People who always whine and bitch about how they get SJW shit or whatever get that crap because, surprise surprise, they watch utter crap and the engine has figured out what kind of bucket their autism fits in

Solid enough suggestions and I appreciate the list, sadly pretty much everything you have listed on there I have already seen, exceptions being the Pacific Rim and DoTA animes. Pretty much only shit made in Japan or anime are the only shows they avoid the SJW shit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone recommend some "non-woke" "non-sjw" shit on Netflix.
DOTA was good. No SJW retardation in it at all.

Blood of Zeus the first few episodes has little to now SJW retardation but the voice acting and animation are pretty meh which caused me to stop watching it. Significant step down in quality compared to DOTA. Its basically a take on clash of the titans.

Altered Carbon S1 is pretty good for the first 5 episodes or so, then it starts going off and ends up in the deep end by the final episode.

GLOW is alright. SJW nonsense is tolerable until you get to S3 then it goes off the deep end.

Black Mirror is hit and miss. Some episodes are heavy with the SJW nonsense while others have little to none.

Disenchantment has little SJW nonsense. I stopped watching after S2 as it was just a poor imitation of early Simpsons/Futurama.

As far as movies; Sword Fish, Under Siege, Layer Cake, Total Recall, Underworld, The Girl Next Door, Stargate, Rainman, The Departed, There will be blood are all enjoyable movies with little to no sjw nonsense. Really anything made prior to 1990 is going to have very little to zero sjw nonsense so you cant go wrong with anything made then.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If a foreign series does not bother you, I would recommend "Dark". It is not Woke and it does a good job of making you think. It starts a little slow but is well worth the ride. It actually has a good ending because the entire series was planned out from start to finish. I went with subtitles as the German language conveys anger very well but you can Dub it.

1627305006599.png

spronk

FPS noob
wtf there is a sequel to Army of the Dead coming to Netflix this fall. We have a new cinematic universe, the Zack Snyder shitty zombie universe lol

• 1Worf