The Netflix Thread

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
for a time i was into some of those reality cooking shows, they ended up all being cut from the same cloth. i watched chef ramsey because i liked his no nonsense approach and he insulted the fuck out of his crappy contestants. the staged drama was just eye gougingly bad, i think i noped out of Hell's Kitchen by season 3 and Kitchen Nightmares was not done very well in the US, in the UK version he works with the owners to be better business people and helped refresh their eateries to be more modern and accomodating. in the US he just came in shit on everything and yelled at them to stop being shitheads with a lot of staged bullshit in between. some owners got pissed off and sued him/Fox. almost all the US places he visited were out of business by the time their episodes aired. the worst part was he didnt help them refresh their business, he just had the network revamp the restaurant for them with out any input or interaction from the owners. it was just, "we renovated your business, gave it a new name and now you will be a success." meanwhile these idiots will still make the same mistakes. the UK places just needed a few tweaks and some harsh reality advice.

i dunno who would watch cooking reality shows anymore. Cake Boss was overrated, my local bakeries were making cakes that looked about as good. i mean you're supposed to eat the fucking thing, not stare at it. who cares if it has crazy details. eh as long as it says happy whatevr and they spell the names right, shut the fuck up and eat your cake. Youtube has better cooking videos with more niche subjects you would enjoy. if i want to make something new on the grill i dont need to wait a week for something on TV to come on. i'll just slap on a BBQ Pit Boys video and see what they made right now
You should watch the British bake off shows which I think are all on Netflix now. It’s both interesting and feel good!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Netflix casted an uncharismatic actor to play an extremely charismatic lawyer. Needless to say, the Lincoln Lawyer show isn't watchable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Netflix casted an uncharismatic actor to play an extremely charismatic lawyer. Needless to say, the Lincoln Lawyer show isn't watchable.
I was just about to post almost the same thing. Sat down tonight to watch it and barely made it 5 minutes. It's like they didn't even watch the Movie. McConaughey was great in the role.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Stopped reading when your first complaint was how ridiculous it was for them to refer to a 41 year old Jessica Alba "as in her 30s"
Fair. I honestly thought she was close to 50 though. I never did look it up, I just thought I remembered her being that old.

I hope you watch the movie when it releases then so you can see how amazing it is.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just cancelled this and a few other streaming services, not so because of quality but because there’s too many and it’s getting expansive. I will rotate subscriptions every few months and binged what they release while I wasn’t subscribe.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
USS Callister was really a great episode lol, dude deserved it too.

Im good with more Black Mirror but it needs to be better then whatever season 5 was....like I get the point of Striking Vipers it just didnt work.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what the fuck did they do to that little bald girl from Stranger Things?
FJCcyHNhK5Cp.png

millie-bobby-brown-at-stranger-things-season-4-premiere-at-netflix-brooklyn-05-14-2022-4.jpg