The Netflix Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The unsolved mysteries show shouldn't be called unsolved mysteries. No host(RIP Robert Stack), and there is just one topic per show. It should be called Forensic Files: Netflix Edition. Pretty disappointing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Thanks for the.... update

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

The unsolved mysteries show shouldn't be called unsolved mysteries. No host(RIP Robert Stack), and there is just one topic per show. It should be called Forensic Files: Netflix Edition. Pretty disappointing.
yeah. A host would do wonders for this.

also, first guy obviously committed suicide. He jumped from the smokestacks.
Some baffling stupid things said. like, seemingly never even considering, climbing the stack to jump. or, "he left suddenly! it wasn't suicide!", while also taking the time to type out and print, and hide a like 10page suicide note. "its not a suicide note! its baffling and makes no sense!" girl, have you ever read suicide notes? they almost ALL are nearly incoherent.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
this popped up on netflix today as a new movie, sounds like Highlander 2020

Four undying warriors who've secretly protected humanity for centuries become targeted for their mysterious powers just as they discover a new immortal.

gonna prob watch tonight. i've been watching some incredibly shitty post-apoc/aliens movies the past few nights, there are loads and loads and loads

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
this popped up on netflix today as a new movie, sounds like Highlander 2020

Four undying warriors who've secretly protected humanity for centuries become targeted for their mysterious powers just as they discover a new immortal.

gonna prob watch tonight. i've been watching some incredibly shitty post-apoc/aliens movies the past few nights, there are loads and loads and loads

So how was it? Looks kinda dumb.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed it a lot, pretty much Highlander 2020. Action was quick cut Taken style so not the greatest but a few decent action moments. Story/dialogue was good and Charlize Theron really elevates everything. Definitely would recommend to anyone who is a fan of Highlander or Underworld. First hour reminded me a bit of Bourne in globe hopping.

in greek history Andromache is the wife of the ruler of Troy. Apparently this movie is based on a graphic novel.

iannis

Musty Nester
Lol. I didn't watch it but my dad did. "Its like highlander, but shittier" was his review!

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't care that the sidekick chick is black, it sort of makes sense I assume if Foxx is the one getting the sidekick...but she literally looks like the worst actress ever. I mean, worse than Brie. She had absolutely no stage presence, she inspired zero interest in me to care anything at all about her character. The sassy waitress at the end was vastly more interesting than that "main" chick was.

But, I guess fat and black and homely checks off almost every box. She must be a proclaimed lesbo too, would be my guess.

Aside from the fact that I'd have to sit through however much screen time they've allotted to that slug, it actually looks interesting. Politics aside, Foxx isn't a bad actor and JGL is superb, so I'll probably watch it regardless. I just cringe every time that chick tries to do anything in the trailer. She sounds like she isn't even trying to act.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't care that the sidekick chick is black, it sort of makes sense I assume if Foxx is the one getting the sidekick...but she literally looks like the worst actress ever. I mean, worse than Brie. She had absolutely no stage presence, she inspired zero interest in me to care anything at all about her character. The sassy waitress at the end was vastly more interesting than that "main" chick was.

But, I guess fat and black and homely checks off almost every box. She must be a proclaimed lesbo too, would be my guess.

Aside from the fact that I'd have to sit through however much screen time they've allotted to that slug, it actually looks interesting. Politics aside, Foxx isn't a bad actor and JGL is superb, so I'll probably watch it regardless. I just cringe every time that chick tries to do anything in the trailer. She sounds like she isn't even trying to act.

Honestly had to read that sentence four times b/c I kept reading "But, I guess fat and black and homely cheeks..."

• 1Worf

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna say it... movies by Netflix suck. There's something about the old studios that just know how to put the projects together.

spronk

FPS noob
a movie starring 2 white guys directed by 2 white guys? Oh, its Netflix
The action thriller is a deadly duel between killers as Gentry (Gosling) is hunted across the globe by Lloyd Hansen (Evans), a former cohort of Gentry’s at the CIA. The Gray Man turned into a bestselling book series, and the expectation is that Gosling will continue in multiple installments. The project was developed years back at New Regency as a Brad Pitt/James Gray vehicle, but it stalled. The Russos quietly have been developing it for years.

sounds really good though, especially since James Bond is pretty much a joke at this point

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
a movie starring 2 white guys directed by 2 white guys? Oh, its Netflix
The action thriller is a deadly duel between killers as Gentry (Gosling) is hunted across the globe by Lloyd Hansen (Evans), a former cohort of Gentry’s at the CIA. The Gray Man turned into a bestselling book series, and the expectation is that Gosling will continue in multiple installments. The project was developed years back at New Regency as a Brad Pitt/James Gray vehicle, but it stalled. The Russos quietly have been developing it for years.

sounds really good though, especially since James Bond is pretty much a joke at this point
So.. if its planned to continue with Gosling and not Evans doesn't that kids spoil the who gets killed and who doesn't (considering they are both killers)?

• 1Rustled