The Netflix Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have not watched it yet. Is it really that good?
Last half decade? Maybe, honestly. Not because Pig is some sort of masterpiece (it is really good though), but because the last half-decade of movies have been absolute dogshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yup. So much discretion in those early days...;)

View attachment 380828
A random selection:

Raising Arizona, in my opinion, is one of the best comedies of all time, and although the Coen Bro's are brilliant, Cage helped make this movie a success.

Leaving Las Vegas was a good movie that is agony to watch if you have ever had addiction issues. Cage was starting to become "Cage" at this point, but it worked for this movie. I was gutted by it, and then read the book and was fine because that author is a total hack.

Moonstruck is probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life and I had eye AIDS for years because of it - not Cage's fault.

Drive Angry is the best worst movie I have ever seen, because Amber Heard is the hottest thing I have ever seen in this movie and I don't even think I hear Cage talk.

Ok, I am done.

I watched The Discovery last night and liked it. It is a Netflix movie but I posted it in the Just Watched thread so fuck it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
A random selection:

Raising Arizona, in my opinion, is one of the best comedies of all time, and although the Coen Bro's are brilliant, Cage helped make this movie a success.

Leaving Las Vegas was a good movie that is agony to watch if you have ever had addiction issues. Cage was starting to become "Cage" at this point, but it worked for this movie. I was gutted by it, and then read the book and was fine because that author is a total hack.

Moonstruck is probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life and I had eye AIDS for years because of it - not Cage's fault.

Drive Angry is the best worst movie I have ever seen, because Amber Heard is the hottest thing I have ever seen in this movie and I don't even think I hear Cage talk.

Ok, I am done.

I watched The Discovery last night and liked it. It is a Netflix movie but I posted it in the Just Watched thread so fuck it.

As I've said, it was just something I found funny because of the wording of Gavin's post. I've been a Cage fan since that movie. And I agree with pretty much everything you just said.

1636530858584.png

Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Drive Angry is the best worst movie

Yes, it is a fantastic bad movie. William Fitchner is one of my favourite actors and this is the movie where he went from being "Hey, it's that guy, whose name I can never remember, who is in like every other fucking movie ever made !" to being William Fitchner. I fully admit Drive Angry is ridiculous and silly but at the same time it never feels like it is trying to be anything more than an entertaining movie, it's schlock. glorious fucking schlock.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Drive Angry is easily one of Nicolas Cage's best movies. The movie is so good in such a corny way that I wanted a movie all about "The Accountant". William Fitchner did such a great job with that character. When I say "Shoot their Tires"... The Tanker Scene with KC and the Sunshine band playing was....perfect.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Yes, it is a fantastic bad movie. William Fitchner is one of my favourite actors and this is the movie where he went from being "Hey, it's that guy, whose name I can never remember, who is in like every other fucking movie ever made !" to being William Fitchner. I fully admit Drive Angry is ridiculous and silly but at the same time it never feels like it is trying to be anything more than an entertaining movie, it's schlock. glorious fucking schlock.
Yeah, he is great, one of those highly underrated guys that is in everything, as you say. I really liked him in Black Hawk Down, one of my top 20 movies of all time.

He was in As the World Turns soap? Hilarious!!!!!!!

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have many times touted Drive Angry as the absolute pinnacle of Amber Heard's hotness. An argument could be made for All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, but she's got that innocent virgin look going in that movie, so to compare "hotness" is no contest for Drive Angry. If I had to illustrate the "crazy/hot" scale of women for someone, and can't show them the hilarious YouTube video, I would use Drive Angry Amber for the 10 crazy/10 hot example.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I don't know what to think of this. I want to love and hate it at the same time.

I mean, I will definitely watch it but I don't know whether it will be a hate watch or an intrigued watch.

• 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm definitely not supposed to be sharing any of this info with anyone (supersekret!) but just watched a fun movie with Jamie Foxx and vampires on the preview club. It is literally nothing new in the genre, I can pick it apart if I really choose to, and it suffers from a little wokeness (but not too much), but Foxx is charismatic as usual, the vamps are sufficiently creepy in a physical way (contorting all weird and shit), and motherfucking Snoop Dogg gets to hose them down with a minigun at one point! So overall I enjoyed it and am glad I watched it. The name is the exact opposite of Night Shift, if you get my meaning, just in case Netflix googles this shit to see who leaks info. No idea when it will come out, but I watched Don't Look Up about 6 months early, so maybe for next summer. The effects were way closer to being done than DLU though, so maybe sooner.

• 2Like

Caliane

just in case anyone looks here and not the tv thread... Arcane is astoundingly good.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob

Silent Sea dropped on Netflix sometime in the last week, 8 episode korean netflix drama series about a mystery/drama surrounding water drought, a moon base, and a conspiracy/accident.

It has a bunch of cast members from Squid Game, Kingdom, and other korean shows. Its pretty straightforward and not too complicated, but I enjoyed it. Stays fairly focused on its fairly simple and predictable plot. Show more or less has a beginning, middle, and end. Visuals are fantastic, lot of cool moon base/moon shots and the show is hyper focused on water.

I wouldn't even put it in my top 20 shows of 2021 but if you like scifi mystery shows and/or korean shows its worth a watch

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
started

Silent Sea dropped on Netflix sometime in the last week, 8 episode korean netflix drama series about a mystery/drama surrounding water drought, a moon base, and a conspiracy/accident.

It has a bunch of cast members from Squid Game, Kingdom, and other korean shows. Its pretty straightforward and not too complicated, but I enjoyed it. Stays fairly focused on its fairly simple and predictable plot. Show more or less has a beginning, middle, and end. Visuals are fantastic, lot of cool moon base/moon shots and the show is hyper focused on water.

I wouldn't even put it in my top 20 shows of 2021 but if you like scifi mystery shows and/or korean shows its worth a watch
started this yesterday, better than I thought so far

• 1Like