She blocked me :(

1651266284603.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Seriously - coddled children.

What the heck do you expect after working for a couple of months? Unless you have a VP title, you ain't negotiating a parachute in your contract, so you go in with open eyes. But, sure, expect a 6 month severance for 2 months of work, sure.

Buyer beware, bitches.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Does anyone care about cooking shows anymore? I haven't watched TV in years, but I was a watcher of the original home renovation shows and the emergence of the cooking shows (the OG Iron Chef was super cool) when new channels started.

Is this shit still popular? In a time of inflation and potential food shortages does a cooking show really hold water?????

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Good to see Alton is still staying woke.
Is this shit still popular? In a time of inflation and potential food shortages does a cooking show really hold water?????
Cooking shows are a real barometer for how utterly retarded society is today.

7-8 years ago I started watching cakeboss as the premise seemed interesting. Unfortunately the show was quickly filled just absolute idiotic, scripted drama one could dream up. Anyone who has an IQ above 90 could see the drama wasnt real at all, yet as the show went on it became filled with more and more of that bleach drinking retardation.

I noped out and that was one of the things that made me realize society is very fucking retarded

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This dropped today on Netflix. Its only 6 30 min episodes. Pretty classic Mike Myers where he plays all the characters. Dated humor but decent enough for background noise.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Goatface

all the cake shows are pretty crap as are any team base cooking challenge shows. i still like to watch chopped, bobby flay and some of guy's shows from time to time. chopped contestants are bad about injection lgbt whenever they can, but other wise think it is fun to watch. used to watch america's test kitchen all the time, but they had some sort of coup few years back. there are still a couple of ok, learn to cook ____, shows on, but quicker to just youtube it.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
all the cake shows are pretty crap as are any team base cooking challenge shows. i still like to watch chopped, bobby flay and some of guy's shows from time to time. chopped contestants are bad about injection lgbt whenever they can, but other wise think it is fun to watch. used to watch america's test kitchen all the time, but they had some sort of coup few years back. there are still a couple of ok, learn to cook ____, shows on, but quicker to just youtube it.

I watch Sam the Cooking Guy, Ramsey and Tasting History with Max occasionally on Youtube. Better than the cooking shows and quicker. Max is a flaming homo but he's still better than anything on TV and doesn't force it on his weekly video. That's all they have to do. Provide value and limit the overbearing messaging and I don't care whose dick you slam in your mouth, Netflix. Even Foler's.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

This dropped today on Netflix. Its only 6 30 min episodes. Pretty classic Mike Myers where he plays all the characters. Dated humor but decent enough for background noise.
I will watch this.

If only because not a single character in that preview has a Scottish accent and I am amazed. Also, I have always liked his style of humor.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
I watch Sam the Cooking Guy, Ramsey and Tasting History with Max occasionally on Youtube. Better than the cooking shows and quicker. Max is a flaming homo but he's still better than anything on TV and doesn't force it on his weekly video. That's all they have to do. Provide value and limit the overbearing messaging and I don't care whose dick you slam in your mouth, Netflix. Even Foler's.

Yep. Tasting History is pretty awesome, Miller keeps his personal life/political views out of the main channel videos. Apparently he has a blog channel, but I have no interest in something I enjoy being ruined.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good to see Alton is still staying woke.

Cooking shows are a real barometer for how utterly retarded society is today.

7-8 years ago I started watching cakeboss as the premise seemed interesting. Unfortunately the show was quickly filled just absolute idiotic, scripted drama one could dream up. Anyone who has an IQ above 90 could see the drama wasnt real at all, yet as the show went on it became filled with more and more of that bleach drinking retardation.

I noped out and that was one of the things that made me realize society is very fucking retarded
Nahh not really. I used to watch them too but at a point it just becomes the same shit over and over. You do pick up some pointers here and there but that was a long time ago. Besides, most of the shit they cook is pretty much out of my families league because no one has a Studio stocked pantry with 1000s of fucking ingredients to make 1/2 that shit they make.

But thise comp cooking shows are on another level altogether. I think they are meant more for the chefs out there than anyone. I used to like the ones that actually tought you some shit like emeril back in the day, alton brown which showed you some advanced shit you could do at home.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
tweet is probably true, if they hired a bunch of black women to write usual bullshit and then fired them all when they realized no one gives a shit about anything they wrote, they will probably sue netflix lol

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Does anyone care about cooking shows anymore? I haven't watched TV in years, but I was a watcher of the original home renovation shows and the emergence of the cooking shows (the OG Iron Chef was super cool) when new channels started.

for a time i was into some of those reality cooking shows, they ended up all being cut from the same cloth. i watched chef ramsey because i liked his no nonsense approach and he insulted the fuck out of his crappy contestants. the staged drama was just eye gougingly bad, i think i noped out of Hell's Kitchen by season 3 and Kitchen Nightmares was not done very well in the US, in the UK version he works with the owners to be better business people and helped refresh their eateries to be more modern and accomodating. in the US he just came in shit on everything and yelled at them to stop being shitheads with a lot of staged bullshit in between. some owners got pissed off and sued him/Fox. almost all the US places he visited were out of business by the time their episodes aired. the worst part was he didnt help them refresh their business, he just had the network revamp the restaurant for them with out any input or interaction from the owners. it was just, "we renovated your business, gave it a new name and now you will be a success." meanwhile these idiots will still make the same mistakes. the UK places just needed a few tweaks and some harsh reality advice.

i dunno who would watch cooking reality shows anymore. Cake Boss was overrated, my local bakeries were making cakes that looked about as good. i mean you're supposed to eat the fucking thing, not stare at it. who cares if it has crazy details. eh as long as it says happy whatevr and they spell the names right, shut the fuck up and eat your cake. Youtube has better cooking videos with more niche subjects you would enjoy. if i want to make something new on the grill i dont need to wait a week for something on TV to come on. i'll just slap on a BBQ Pit Boys video and see what they made right now

Fucker

Log Wizard
UK KN was vastly better than US version.

As for the restaurants closing, all of them were on their last legs anyway. Hard business even for people who know what they are doing. GN had a few go under...and he knows what he is doing.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah mom and pop restaurants, I mean who the fuck goes to them unless its like the only place in your shitty little town in BFE. Why risk your hard earned dollars?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
, in the UK version he works with the owners to be better business people and helped refresh their eateries to be more modern and accomodating. in the US he just came in shit on everything and yelled at them to stop being shitheads with a lot of staged bullshit in between. some owners got pissed off and sued him/Fox. almost all the US places he visited were out of business by the time their episodes aired. the worst part was he didnt help them refresh their business, he just had the network revamp the restaurant for them with out any input or interaction from the owners. it was just, "we renovated your business, gave it a new name and now you will be a success." meanwhile these idiots will still make the same mistakes. the UK places just needed a few tweaks and some harsh reality advice.

It's almost like shit has to be dumbed down for US audiences, why do you think that is?