The Northman (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got back from watching this at a theater. Went in sorta blind, so it wasn't what I had hoped. Wanted a big budget viking action drama, but got an artsy folklore-type story. The sound system at the theater sucked too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The more it bombs the better.
Quicker and cheaper to my TV at home where I can sit naked carving THOT bitches and howling at the screen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Disappointed as well. Good acting and story but slow and long. Best parts were the crazy white people not chopping their own dicks off but chopping up other people. Not something I'd go out of my way to watch again in any format, but I've seen far worse movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why bother even going to a theater anymore. Movies are released in VOD few weeks later.
This is exactly what I do now. Its cheaper too. Before Covid I was going like twice a month. Now Im used to VOD and I have not gone back for anything.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is exactly what I do now. Its cheaper too. Before Covid I was going like twice a month. Now Im used to VOD and I have not gone back for anything.
After getting my laser projector, going to the movie sorta sucks. Outside of seeing Dune in a Laser IMAX. Controlling your own watching environment is very nice. Theater still has the public variable which can suck.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah travel time + shitty/no food + traffic + random theater bullshit + no subtitles + being able to pause/rewind makes theatrical experience a 3-4x a year thing for me now

Top Gun
Jurassic World
Thor 4
Black Adam

are probably the only movies i'll want to watch in theaters for 2022

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
It's out already for your home, just look.
It wasn't Wednesday though and I'll be damn if I am paying $20 to rent a movie( or $25 to purchase it, WTF. Why would anyone even rent? ).
Shit will be $9.99 on Vudu in a month or two and 5.99 by fall for UHD. I can wait.

Oldbased

> Than U
yeah travel time + shitty/no food + traffic + random theater bullshit + no subtitles + being able to pause/rewind makes theatrical experience a 3-4x a year thing for me now

Top Gun
Jurassic World
Thor 4
Black Adam

are probably the only movies i'll want to watch in theaters for 2022
I think GotG1 was last movie I saw in cinema. Or Edge of Tomorrow Live Die Repeat. Both out in that same period.
I may have been since but it I was I can't remember what I saw.
Both of those times sucked ass, was the start of my back issues before the heart issues, the pain from the shitty chairs made it almost impossible to watch the movie.
Only 2 good things came from it.
Both times was with my pops
Both times I was given 2 forever tickets when I bitched about cell phones, babies crying, everything being covered with some sticky syrup coke glue and the shit seats.
I couldn't sit in those shitty fuckers for 2 hours, yet I can sit in my Secret Labs chair for 6 hours straight without an issue.

Oh and I still have 4 free tickets that expire in 2099.

It's so fucked up. Saw Pacific Rim before those 2, but all 3 seem like 2020. Shit was back in 2013/14. WTF.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to watching this. Loved it but can see how people just won't like it. I just want to wolf out and go full berserker.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked it a lot but this film looks stuck between what it is and what the director wanted it to be. It's definitely not a film for everyone, which is kinda odd for both its budget and production. Some scenes are visually gorgeous, it's well shot, actors are fine but even at home I could hear people falling asleep during non-action scenes. Don't expect 300 or Breaveheart, despite what the trailer wants you to look ahead to, it's definitely more like Valhalla Rising / The Green Knight in both its pace and story.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I liked this a lot. I love Eggers' brand of weird. I don't think it's quite as good as The Lighthouse, but it's still pretty damned awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It wasn't Wednesday though and I'll be damn if I am paying $20 to rent a movie( or $25 to purchase it, WTF. Why would anyone even rent? ).
Shit will be $9.99 on Vudu in a month or two and 5.99 by fall for UHD. I can wait.

Making the rental close to the purchase price is a pretty clever way to get an extra $5 for something you're probably only going to watch once anyway. A year from now are you even going to remember that you own it when you're flipping through Netflix on Saturday night? And even if you do it will probably be streaming for free on HBO Max or something by then anyway. I have like 250 DVDs/Blurays in my basement. I bet there's maybe 25 of them that I've watched more than once and probably 10 I've watched more than twice.

If you think about it, $20 is probably about what it costs to go to a movie alone. If you're watching it with a significant other or as a family it's a great deal compared to the movie theater.

Juvarisx

Florida
$20 bucks is cheaper then tickets now
then popcorn and drinks if you do that
then for me the closest theater worth a damn is 40 min away so thats gas money and travel time
then previews etc so the movie is 1hr longer then it should be

If seeing certain movies on big screens with big sound wasn't a requirement like Dune id never go again

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
It was meh. Not enough action, and real dark (lighting). It had potential at moments, but kept turning right when it wanted to go left. Some of decisions made zero sense.

Oldbased

> Than U
Making the rental close to the purchase price is a pretty clever way to get an extra $5 for something you're probably only going to watch once anyway. A year from now are you even going to remember that you own it when you're flipping through Netflix on Saturday night? And even if you do it will probably be streaming for free on HBO Max or something by then anyway. I have like 250 DVDs/Blurays in my basement. I bet there's maybe 25 of them that I've watched more than once and probably 10 I've watched more than twice.

If you think about it, $20 is probably about what it costs to go to a movie alone. If you're watching it with a significant other or as a family it's a great deal compared to the movie theater.
I own 147 movies now on Vudu but it 's been awhile since I purchased any. I do often go through and play them. NP Christmas Vacation in holidays. Pacific Rim when I want to see the world burn and so on, but the most I ever paid was $15 for a movie. Usually wait till I got credits or $5 sale. TV series I bought all 10 seasons of SG-1 over time, $19.99 a season and Black sails all 4 seasons for $20 on a sale.
$20 bucks is cheaper then tickets now
then popcorn and drinks if you do that
then for me the closest theater worth a damn is 40 min away so thats gas money and travel time
then previews etc so the movie is 1hr longer then it should be

If seeing certain movies on big screens with big sound wasn't a requirement like Dune id never go again
Holy shit. Last time I went it was 10.50 but 2014.