The NSA watches you poop.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Feds Demand Supreme Court Thwart Challenge to NSA Phone Spying | Threat Level | Wired.com
Obama administration is urging the Supreme Court to reject a challenge to the National Security Agency?s once-secret telephone metadata spying program.

The filing ? the first government briefing on the topic to reach the Supreme Court ? was in response to the Electronic Privacy Information Center?s petition asking the justices to halt the program that was disclosed by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.

Among other defenses, the administration said Friday that only the phone companies can challenge the secret orders from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to hand over metadata of every call made to and from the United States.
US asks top court not to take case on NSA cyber-snooping - FRANCE 24
US government attorneys argue that the Supreme Court does not have the jurisdiction to take the case, filed in July by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC).

EPIC believes the NSA overstepped its authority by carrying out broad communications monitoring and surveillance worldwide, and demanded the program be stopped.

A US Supreme Court decision to take the case would be "a drastic and extraordinary remedy that is reserved for really extraordinary causes," argued Donald Verrilli, an administration lawyer, in a statement released late Tuesday.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would like to know exactly what areas the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA doesn't have jurisdiction in.

Nepenthes_sl

shitlord
I would like to know exactly what areas the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA doesn't have jurisdiction in.
Article 3 Section 2 of the US constitution spells out the specific cases where the US Supreme Court has original jurisdiction. All other cases are heard on an appellate basis. So if the case isn't one of those specific circumstances the Court will not hear it prior to it cycling through the system. So it doesn't really have direct jurisdiction over much of anything. That's how I understand it anyway.

chthonic-anemos

Zombie CISPA bill pushes forward with NSA support - Salon.com
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) has twice died in Congress, following objections from privacy advocates. Like a resilient zombie, it has risen once again and a new version of the bill ? which passed the House in the summer ? is getting support from some Senators, bolstered by NSA officials.

The bill, ostensibly aimed at protecting U.S. commerce from cyberattacks, enables companies and goverment agencies giving to share more cyber information, including the content and personal information attached to emails.

As Mother Jones reported Monday, ?NSA director Keith Alexander is publicly asking for the legislation to be re-introduced, and two senators confirmed that they are drafting a new Senate version.?

Senate Intelligence Committee chair and NSA mass surveillance apologist Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., is pairing with Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., to put forward a senate version of CISPA, much to the continued concern of privacy advocates.

chthonic-anemos

Security Check Now Starts Long Before You Fly - NYTimes.com
"I think the best way to look at it is as a pre-crime assessment every time you fly," said Edward Hasbrouck, a consultant to the Identity Project, one of the groups that oppose the prescreening initiatives. "The default will be the highest, most intrusive level of search, and anything less will be conditioned on providing some additional information in some fashion."
Much of this personal data is widely shared within the Department of Homeland Security and with other government agencies. Privacy notices for these databases note that the information may be shared with federal, state and local authorities; foreign governments; law enforcement and intelligence agencies - and in some cases, private companies for purposes unrelated to security or travel.

For instance, an update about the T.S.A.'s Transportation Security Enforcement Record System, which contains information about travelers accused of "violations or potential violations" of security regulations, warns that the records may be shared with "a debt collection agency for the purpose of debt collection."

A recent privacy notice about PreCheck notes that fingerprints submitted by people who apply for the program will be used by the F.B.I. to check its unsolved crimes database.

"The average person doesn't understand how much intelligence-driven matching is going on and how this could be accessed for other purposes," said Khaliah Barnes, a lawyer with the Electronic Privacy Information Center, which has fought to block these initiatives. "There's no meaningful oversight, transparency or accountability."
vl3rTia.jpg

New tools by Google for internet censorship

Google Fights the Censors - The Daily Beast

The first tool, a browser extension called uProxy establishes an encrypted link between two users who know and trust each other?one who is trying to evade detection and one who is allowing that first user to assume his or her online identity. A Syrian activist, for example, can now experience the internet through the browser of a friend in the United States. It?s like a social networking tool for dissidents.
Congratulations, you no longer will be spied on by your government. Now you have the privilege of being spied on by our government!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since that tool has the potential to evade Internet-Nazi-ism it will soon get crushed by the big money media corps like music industry or tv stations anyway.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There are plenty of tools like that already available, plenty of businesses built around those tools. And plenty of NSA backdoors in them, I am sure.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Article 3 Section 2 of the US constitution spells out the specific cases where the US Supreme Court has original jurisdiction. All other cases are heard on an appellate basis. So if the case isn't one of those specific circumstances the Court will not hear it prior to it cycling through the system. So it doesn't really have direct jurisdiction over much of anything. That's how I understand it anyway.
"In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make."

Yeah, it doesn't have original jurisdiction in many cases. I didn't realize Congress could add to the SCOTUS's original jurisdiction, so it's always possible they did that in this case somehow. But if not, the only way they hear the case first is if they decide that the NSA counts as a public minister or consul. Gotta be honest, while that sounds reasonable, I'm not 100% sure those words meant the same thing in the 1700's that I think they mean now.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If our leader doesn't know about spying, what makes us think that other leaders would know about their own spying.

iannis

Musty Nester
I imagine it's one of those things that they don't tell a President about for reasons of "plausible deniability". The problem with beauracracy is that there are so many rooms some of those rooms will only be looked at once every ten years.

If you're doing stuff that you can't admit to, you should probably stop doing that stuff. Not stuff that's simply embarrassing to admit to. Stuff that you literally cannot admit to for fears of inciting widespread violence. This is not a productive use of your time.

Another problem is that I'm not sure Obama could actually stop it even if he wanted to. And another problem is that I'm pretty sure Obama (or any recent President) doesn't want to stop it.

So short of going to arizona, or wherever they built the ones that they admit to, and bombing the physical structure back into cinderblock pieces -- I'm not sure how you stop this. That's right. The solution to the problems of foreign terrorism is domestic terrorism. What a wonderful fucking system they have going there.