The OA

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finish binge watching this the other day after day, fuck.

Didn't see it get posted but this got renewed for "Part Two"

Don't know if I should cut and run, save my sanity or see if season 2 can salvage this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On episode 6 of season 2. It has so far salvaged season 1. After like 5 minutes they solve all of season 1's problems. If you enjoyed all of season 1 except the last episode I suggest checking out season 2.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
On episode 6 of season 2. It has so far salvaged season 1. After like 5 minutes they solve all of season 1's problems. If you enjoyed all of season 1 except the last episode I suggest checking out season 2.

Hmm im dubious. Is it more sci fi now or just autistic retards running around still?

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm im dubious. Is it more sci fi now or just autistic retards running around still?
It's more sci-fi now for sure. There are still autistic dancing but it's much less frequent. 2 or 3 times so far 6 episodes in.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I guess auto aquatic asphyxiation is a thing.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Second season I think was stronger than season one. Still some interpretive dance but it is a lot less used and when used it seemed more applicable.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I love telling people about the show that used interpretive dance to solve problems. Season1 was such a weird mix of pretty good mixed with horseshit. I'm actually a little upset you are making me interested in season2.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly I think season two would be a lot easier to work towards a third season than season 1. Season one ended so WTF I wasn't sure they could find a way to actually do a season 2 that made any damn sense at all. But season 2 was a lot more directed still a lot of mystery but with a lot more stable premise and a lot less interpretive dance. Most of the latter that happens is towards the very end of the season at times when it actually makes sense. Season three seems like they have a lot more concrete idea of where they want this show to be going now. I also think they should probably try to wrap it up with a third season I think trying to stretch this show out too many seasons would be a mistake.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have set this universe up that it would be really easy to do interesting spin offs or a Nina prequel etc.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am still trying to figure out how happ talked his way out of the cops showing up at his house with an catatonic woman in his house after getting called by a woman about an unconcious woman for an EMT response. The cops on the scene would have to be thinking okay where is the woman who called us and if there was no other woman then how the fuck did this woman know she was going to be comatose before she actually was. That had to raise all kinds of warning signs.

• 1Solidarity

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe they cut the scene that had her do an interpretive dance to convince them to leave?

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You guys are fucking with me, right? There's no way that I'm going to watch a second season of this shit willingly, the whole fool me once thing...right??

Guys?

The ending to the first season was perhaps one of the worst endings of all time. Are you SURE that it gets to the point of actually being worth watching? Fyff Fyff is really the chick who writes the show, and is just tricking us so she gets more viewers, right??

Fuck, I can't believe I'm considering watching this after how hard it fucked me last time.

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
Season two was good.

Can anyone describe exactly what happened since I’m too feeble minded / basic cable bitch, to understand it myself? I was half watching the season but I thought the RL name stuff was fascinating and I’d like to know exactly what I missed heh.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Season two was good.

Can anyone describe exactly what happened since I’m too feeble minded / basic cable bitch, to understand it myself? I was half watching the season but I thought the RL name stuff was fascinating and I’d like to know exactly what I missed heh.

As far as I can tell, the conceit was that they dimension jumped into the real world, where they are actors playing the characters.

Going for the weird meta effect - although a bit lessened in impact if you've seen the Supernatural episode where they did the same thing.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well colour me surprised, a marked improvement over season 1, I don't hate myself for watching at least, the scene with the old night was rather wild.

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
10840-rueY4slMeKtTGitm0raFUJvgaa5.jpg

Title: The OA

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Mystery, Drama

Creator: Brit Marling, Zal Batmanglij

Cast: Emory Cohen, Will Brill, Patrick Gibson, Brendan Meyer, Brandon Perea, Chloë Levine, Jason Isaacs, Phyllis Smith, Brit Marling, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Ian Alexander, Sharon Van Etten, Paz Vega

First aired: 2016-12-16

Overview: Prairie Johnson, blind as a child, comes home to the community she grew up in with her sight restored. Some hail her a miracle, others a dangerous mystery, but Prairie won’t talk with the FBI or her parents about the seven years she went missing.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just finished watching season 1, and I'm super fucking tilted by the ending. God damnit, seriously? There's a school shooting and they all just get up and do thing moves and don't just get blasted? What?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just finished watching season 1, and I'm super fucking tilted by the ending. God damnit, seriously? There's a school shooting and they all just get up and do thing moves and don't just get blasted? What?

If you were a school shooter and suddenly a bunch of people in the middle of it start doing some weird interpretive dance I am pretty sure you would pause for a few seconds in just sheer WTF is happening allowing somebody an opening to tackle you which is basically what happened. It is just such a weird fucking response to the situation freezing to try to figure out what they are doing seems to be a pretty legit reaction.

• 1Worf