The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
the embodiment of a holy figure from 2000 years returning is actually just as likely as some cartoonish green man traveling thousands of years through space to a horribly primitive planet and never making themselves known except through rednecks in E Bumblefuck.
Talk to me when we can track Jesus with multiple sensors flying from sea level to 14 miles up and back in a few seconds.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Screenshot_20230603-003550.png

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
because it’s in this book that’s had 500 versions over 2 millennia but I totally trust it.
Putting aside the alien shit, I always love this completely retarded take.

People act like the Bible is a game of telephone, with each version translated from the previous version. Obviously in reality the translations are all based on the original text.

Its not a game of telephone, its a bunch of imperfect photocopies made from the same original.

Not that this proves its true or anything (I believe it is but thats not a matter of proof) - but lets at least describe its history in an accurate way.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thats one of the dumbest takes I’ve ever heard.
Everyone loves to criticize other peoples analogies. Got a better one? Whether you like the analogy or not the point stands. Newer versions of the Bible arent translated from the previous version, which was the retardation implied by Pasteys post and repeated ad nauseum by many others.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
This is more of a shower thoughts type post but I’m posting it here, mainly to rustle Voids Jimmie’s at the blatant speculation of it all.

Just imagine if this alien tech has been here for millennia partly as zookeepers and partly as Historians tracking our history. There is a non-zero chance that somewhere in their data files is a record of Alexander the Greats conquests including recorded top down video of all his battles and tactics recorded in real time in glorious Hi Def. The battle of Waterloo could be being taught in some distant classroom in Andromeda. What if our whole planet is The Truman Show?
View attachment 476157

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Everyone loves to criticize other peoples analogies. Got a better one? Whether you like the analogy or not the point stands. Newer versions of the Bible arent translated from the previous version, which was the retardation implied by Pasteys post and repeated ad nauseum by many others.
Aldarion, you ignorant slut. You have a very simplified view of the Bible and it’s history including how early scribes copied it. Originals lol. Try Bart Erhmans Orthodox Corruption of Scipture.

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been digging into alot of that stuff as research for future games. Fascinating how gods evolved and shuffled around and switched spheres of influence.

Yahweh sort of started as a thorlike then became some kind of dragon god, then was replaced by El, which sort of halfass merged with Baal (all that uppercase LORD going on). Yahweh maybe returning as Jesus? Then there's all the similarities with Mithra. Like some kind of pre-flood Jesus.

Enoch has so much unmined goodness for video game lore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Aldarion, you ignorant slut. You have a very simplified view of the Bible and it’s history including how early scribes copied it. Originals lol. Try Bart Erhmans Orthodox Corruption of Scipture.
You keep dodging around the central question and ignoring the correct point I was making, which you still havent contested. Now you want to get into obscure details of early church history.

The point still stands that they didnt produce the latest translation from the one before.

But please do ignore this point for the third time on this page alone and respond with some irrelevancy

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just imagine if this alien tech has been here for millennia partly as zookeepers and partly as Historians tracking our history. There is a non-zero chance that somewhere in their data files is a record of Alexander the Greats conquests including recorded top down video of all his battles and tactics recorded in real time in glorious Hi Def. The battle of Waterloo could be being taught in some distant classroom in Andromeda. What if our whole planet is The Truman Show?
View attachment 476157

I don't think we're that important to be someone's Truman Show. This IS a very nice planet though and likely waaaaay above average for the cosmos. Worth keeping tabs on for sure.

The idea that extraterrestrials might have records of all kinds of stuff from human history gives me a rock hard boner though.

One thing that would be tremendous to see in my lifetime is if extraterrestrials came down and showed us the truth about human history: Where we came from, how we evolved, whether Atlantis was really built by Martian sky-people or if it was just a nicer-than-usual city that got mythologized, how many great floods / polar shifts / apocalypses have reset human civilization (at least 1, probably 2, that I think I know of). They could also teach us about warp bubbles and how to have a peaceful, exploratory world dedicated to the sciences, with clean air, antigravity vehicles eliminating pollution and traffic, antigravity tech making the lives of elderly and crippled people exponentially more comfortable, cures for cancer (turns out it was vinegar mixed with salt, 2 tablespoons a day, all along!) and the ability to chart other planets like they do.

It would be incredible.

Then they'd start teaching us about racial differences and how wildly variable human genetics are and how some groups are basically still in the Homo Erectus stage because their genetic line never left the congo or the pygmy island or the wasteland in central Australia. All of the extraterrestrial's previous teachings would instantly be torched and antifa would burn down the libraries dedicated to them and corporations/media would cancel them.

That's right, they'd cancel the extraterrestrials. "NOT WELCOME" Joe Biden would say in an emergency presidential address.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
You keep dodging around the central question and ignoring the correct point I was making, which you still havent contested. Now you want to get into obscure details of early church history.

The point still stands that they didnt produce the latest translation from the one before.

But please do ignore this point for the third time on this page alone and respond with some irrelevancy.
You got me, just a bunch of proto-xerox machines almost perfectly copying the inerrant word of God through our history. I’ll take the L on this one.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user