The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm just waiting for someone to say that when they decided to forbid tech that they pushed it off the side of flat Earth.
That is how I will know we have hit full retard.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Khalid or Gavin always throws that guy in my face whenever i bring up ancient high tech. making megaliths is easy, even a redneck can do it by himself in his backyard! yeah no, no explanation how ancient culture SAWED blacks of granite, transported them hundreds of miles to be fitted in a pyramid in the space of 30-40 years.
12 Wondrous Facts about the Great Pyramid of Giza

Water shaft theory explains it pretty well. I'm not sure how academically accepted it is though. But the Pyramids were in a really unique location allowing for a mega-structure. Most other ancient large structures were much smaller due to needing gravity tools to move things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hawking close to his death made some kind of comment about the comprehension of space. I think he likened it to something along the lines of like humans trying to understand space is like an ant trying to understand a city. The scale is just so inconceivable and "impossible" to understand that our brains are simply incapable of it. Like, it's literally impossible to comprehend, even if we wanted to.

I dunno though, space is the one gigantic WTF.

Thinking about space always gives me a feeling of, well I wouldn't say its exactly dread--but its close. When you grasp that there are billions of stars in JUST this Galaxy, and the Galaxy itself is only one of billions..I mean, fully digesting what a "Super cluster is", can tighten my stomach.

Nearsc.gif

Those aren't made up of stars....they are made up of whole galaxies, billions of stars each. And to think--I don't think most people, myself included, can fully grasp how large just the sun is...Its one of those chill up your back moments when you let your mind go on it. (Especially those voids, those voids freak me out even knowing most randomly distributed matter with attractive qualities ends up with the same kind of clumping effect.)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Water shaft theory explains it pretty well. I'm not sure how academically accepted it is though. But the Pyramids were in a really unique location allowing for a mega-structure. Most other ancient large structures were much smaller due to needing gravity tools to move things.

its a nice theory

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Those aren't made up of stars....they are made up of whole galaxies, billions of stars each. And to think--I don't think most people, myself included, can fully grasp how large just the sun is...Its one of those chill up your back moments when you let your mind go on it. (Especially those voids, those voids freak me out even knowing most disturbed matter with attractive equalities ends up with the same kind of clumping effect.)

I gave up trying to explain to my family the vastness of space. They'll make comments like "It's hard to believe if aliens did exist that we haven't discovered them by now." They have no understanding of how immense the distances are between the stars. Hell, trying to explain that stars in the sky are the same type of objects as our Sun is difficult for them to grasp.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I gave up trying to explain to my family the vastness of space. They'll make comments like "It's hard to believe if aliens did exist that we haven't discovered them by now." They have no understanding of how immense the distances are between the stars. Hell, trying to explain that stars in the sky are the same type of objects as our Sun is difficult for them to grasp.
this, i used to entertain those ET theories in my 20s, then i realized how incalculably massive the universe is and then understood that means how insignificant we are that no ET is visiting us when there is so much other stuff out there. those "UFO" footage videos that keep popping up are likely the result of some natural phenomena we haven't discovered yet. i'd believe ball lightning before i'd believe little green men are trolling us in their flying saucers.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
this, i used to entertain those ET theories in my 20s, then i realized how incalculably massive the universe is and then understood that means how insignificant we are that no ET is visiting us when there is so much other stuff out there. those "UFO" footage videos that keep popping up are likely the result of some natural phenomena we haven't discovered yet. i'd believe ball lightning before i'd believe little green men are trolling us in their flying saucers.

Shitlord could be the ultimate evolution of intelligence.

• 1Worf

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I dont see the conspiracy here. Again, its fucking slave labor coupled with time, under whip and chain you could make any rough stone smooth as babies ass. And if one fails, kill him and make the next one do it right. Who knows how they erected the monoliths, yet they stand. People been erecting stone monoliths for a long fucking time. Fear of some god coming down and smiting your people would be enough to drive people to do crazy shit like they did all throughout history.

I mean fuck, look at rome and what they accomplished some 1000 yrs later. The tools were not any better, yeah maybe they had iron and steel, but they erected shit thats mindblowing without the use fo modern tools. shit, look at greece, before romans.

The conspiracy is that it's literally impossible for humans to have accomplished what they did regardless of man power or time. It's simply and literally a physical impossibility. You CANNOT move 1,000 ton blocks with manpower alone. You CANNOT carve diorite/granite with space age precision without space age technology.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
This is actually a good watch, it's extremely meticulous and informative in it's own right.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Well you're not giving me much to work with. I think there might be a simpler explanation for some pretty nice stone work done in ancient times than a much more ancient modern civilization that somehow left no trace of its existence except for said stonework and I'm the one being unreasonable?

The stonework is literally irrefutable evidence though. Not to mention, the fact that ALL of these ancient civilizations speak of gods coming down from heaven and teaching them. I mean, literally every single one says this. So ya, you're being incredibly unreasonable because you refuse to accept the implications.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's entirely likely that there are other advanced civilizations out there, but so far we see no evidence. It's possible we just don't know where to look though. Think of how easy it would be for us to spy on a Roman level civilization undetected. Tiny cameras and microphones, night vision goggles, radio communications, spy satellites... they would never even think of these things being used on them. It's outside their reality.

Still, I think it's hubris to consider ourselves even worthy of study by some advanced species. I don't study the ants in my back yard, they aren't any more interesting than the ones in the neighbour's yard.

• 1Solidarity

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
If this stuff was built by an "advanced society" why is there no evidence of modern technology in any of them? Shouldn't there be some remnants of the 60 ton diesel powered crane that they used to lift those blocks, or at least like a single piece of steel somewhere? Shouldn't one of those carvings show an iPhone or at least something more advanced than a handbag?

Hmm I don't see any of the cranes or technological devices at the Empire State building, I guess by your logic, it was built by hand. Your logic is actually retarded. Why the fuck would the people who built these things have left their tools behind? Also, even the best modern day crane in the entire world cannot lift and carry some of the blocks that were moved by the ancients. This tells me that their technology is far more advanced than what even we have today.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is actually a good watch, it's extremely meticulous and informative in it's own right.
saw that one a long time ago. its very good, that dude has his own agenda though judging by his other videos. the Ancient Aliens show is silly because they equate everything to ALIENS. thats an oversimplification. its like saying "a wizard did it"

Oldbased

> Than U
I wonder if in 10,000 years researchers will ask how many Tide Pods Lumi consumed per day and why no packaging was left behind.

• 1Trump

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The conspiracy is that it's literally impossible for humans to have accomplished what they did regardless of man power or time. It's simply and literally a physical impossibility. You CANNOT move 1,000 ton blocks with manpower alone. You CANNOT carve diorite/granite with space age precision without space age technology.
What, in your opinion, is the most impressive example of these ancient structures that would necessitate a power greater than ancient humans to manage? Would you say it's carving out these blocks, transporting them, raising them or setting them?