The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Another good video, gets into Atlantis and Thoth traveling from there to Egypt to teach the Egyptians how to do advanced stuff. And apparently Thoth got his technological information from Sky People who were probably the last survivors of the nuclear war on Mars. ...alright, I'm just speculating on that last part, but it's possible.

Also I think this guy and his fish might be secretly based, between all the police paraphernalia around him and the fact that the fish's tank now has a Dobby statue in it.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You don't care about ancient civs, or the truth?
Not sure why you find this youtube kid infinitely more valid for some reason?

Graham Hancock is certainly incorrect about plenty. But it is his kind of outside thought that erodes institutional thinking. The Streetlamp Theory is quite accurate.

I think it was mentioned here but it's like, a police officer sees a drunk man stumbling around under the light of a streetlamp and comes up to him. He asks him what he is doing and the drunk says he is looking for his car keys. Police officer asks him why he thinks they are here and the drunk says its because this is where the light is. What this is meaning is that our understanding of the spread of human civilization only came into being within the past few centuries. It did so in the way that it id solely because Western researchers had to draw their conclusions from the places they had ample access to.

Which, due to the various states of European empires was Iraq, North Africa, and so on. There were all kinds of retarded theories about even ancient Irish ruins they found. It's something that is only now slowly changing.

Graham is certainly right that human civilization began long before the expected timeline assumed by modern academia but there's a shitload of it we simply don't know. Ancient Greeks were aware of the time when North Africa was not so closely surrounded by desert even within the historical record. Outside of the Atlantis stuff.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hop in discord and we can talk about your lack of vigor sir.
You can link videos that don't actually prove anything and I'm not going to watch just fine right here.

ron burgundy GIF

Wake me when something ACTUALLY happens. If I felt like wasting the time I'm sure I could find dozens of similar posts by you and others saying "It's happening!!" over the years in this thread, and yet we still have nothing. And we will always have nothing, because aliens have never visited our planet, and everyone that says they have proof is either mistaken or a liar. I can make that claim because so far no one has proven otherwise. I wager that they never will either.

homer simpson abduction GIF

• 1Repost
  • 1Picard

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
You can link videos that don't actually prove anything and I'm not going to watch just fine right here.

Wake me when something ACTUALLY happens. If I felt like wasting the time I'm sure I could find dozens of similar posts by you and others saying "It's happening!!" over the years in this thread, and yet we still have nothing. And we will always have nothing, because aliens have never visited our planet, and everyone that says they have proof is either mistaken or a liar. I can make that claim because so far no one has proven otherwise. I wager that they never will either.

homer simpson abduction GIF
I'll probe you anytime, anywhere old man.
alien abduction laughing GIF by Scorpion Dagger

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Graham is certainly right that human civilization began long before the expected timeline assumed by modern academia.
When is that then?

This is Hancock's manipulation, he's told you this about "mainstream academia" but I don't think that any archeologist has ever set a start date for civilisation.

They know how much is underwater. They just also know shit like how to prove Bimini Road is a natural formation and disregard it, or that "hidden chambers" in dormant volcanoes are likely magma tubes, especially if are only rectangular from one specific weird angle.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
When is that then?

This is Hancock's manipulation, he's told you this about "mainstream academia" but I don't think that any archeologist has ever set a start date for civilisation.

They know how much is underwater. They just also know shit like how to prove Bimini Road is a natural formation and disregard it, or that "hidden chambers" in dormant volcanoes are likely magma tubes, especially if are only rectangular from one specific weird angle.
Are you that terrible at reading comprehension? For the entirety of our lifetimes the idea that civilization predated Mesopotamia and the supposed timeline of the agricultural revolution was considered preposterous. It wasn't until the actual excavation of Gobekli Tepe in the late 90s that anything remotely similar to such a concept was considered seriously.

I kind of turn Graham off when he goes off the deep end and does his weird tangents on ayahuasca or other retard shit but this is the base premise of everything he's ever done.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you that terrible at reading comprehension? For the entirety of our lifetimes the idea that civilization predated Mesopotamia and the supposed timeline of the agricultural revolution was considered preposterous.
Prove it.

• 1Repost

Chris

Potato del Grande
What did you learn in school? Because that's exactly what I was taught.
So you had a school history teacher say "Mesopotamia was the oldest civilisation" in passing, since I doubt you studied that time period, that's not mainstream acedemia archaeologists. I bet that THEY all said "oldest known" with something about cities or agriculture.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So you had a school history teacher say "Mesopotamia was the oldest civilisation" in passing, since I doubt you studied that time period, that's not mainstream acedemia archaeologists. I bet that THEY all said "oldest known" with something about cities or agriculture.
How do they come to conclusion that something is the oldest? How do they figure out what year something is from? Can you explain the process? Im interested.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How do they come to conclusion that something is the oldest? How do they figure out what year something is from? Can you explain the process? Im interested.
You can't prove that something is the oldest, only the oldest known.

You can google how they date things. There are multiple techniques.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Potato

rad

Lord of Guk

We definitely studied that period, and it was always referred to as the cradle of civilization. But you're right, the sanctioned text did not represent mainstream academia. :trump:

You can't prove that something is the oldest, only the oldest known.

So, you're saying the science isn't settled? It's almost like that's the very notion Hancock is trying to push.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
So, you're saying the science isn't settled? It's almost like that's the very notion Hancock is trying to push.
There's a difference between saying that it isn't settled and we could find a period appropriate coastal Egypt style civilisation somewhere underwater, and recyling sanitised Ancient Aliens theories about conical mounds and vague star alignments to say that an advanced civilisation must have existed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Another good video, gets into Atlantis and Thoth traveling from there to Egypt to teach the Egyptians how to do advanced stuff. And apparently Thoth got his technological information from Sky People who were probably the last survivors of the nuclear war on Mars. ...alright, I'm just speculating on that last part, but it's possible.

Also I think this guy and his fish might be secretly based, between all the police paraphernalia around him and the fact that the fish's tank now has a Dobby statue in it.
Thoth was Hermes Trismegistus was Enoch y'know

Enoch being the one that spoke God's judgement on the Archons that created the Nephilim

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's a difference between saying that it isn't settled and we could find a period appropriate coastal Egypt style civilisation somewhere underwater, and recyling sanitised Ancient Aliens theories about conical mounds and vague star alignments to say that an advanced civilisation must have existed.
Graham says lots of stupid shit nobody denies that. He also explicitly states that he doesn't mean advanced like they had alien space technology advanced but that a culture with the stoneworking abilities of Mesopotamia and other cultures in antiquity existed millenia before that. Arguing that said culture, whatever it actually was, was extinguished by the known Younger Dryas period ending. As if a culture did indeed exist during the humid period of North Africa it would have been almost entirely killed off by this event.

It is know that the extinction period of the Pleistocene megafauna would have contributed significantly to the downfall of any society out there that relied upon them.

I don't think it is obscene to argue that certain structures in the world we attribute to known civilizations weren't actually made by them. But by a previous and unknown culture that existed before all of that, the ones we know of simply built on top of it or reused it. Machu Picchu and the Hatun Rumiyoc are excellent examples because you can see a clear clashing of knowledge. Where contemporary and easily traceable Incan and later Spanish stonework is build directly on top of megalithic fitted stones.

So you must draw the conclusion that the Inca developed this method and at some point completely forgot about it and started using contemporary stonemasonry as we understand it today or they never understood it in the first place because they just built where they already found stuff to start with.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Graham says lots of stupid shit nobody denies that. He also explicitly states that he doesn't mean advanced like they had alien space technology advanced but that a culture with the stoneworking abilities of Mesopotamia and other cultures in antiquity existed millenia before that. Arguing that said culture, whatever it actually was, was extinguished by the known Younger Dryas period ending. As if a culture did indeed exist during the humid period of North Africa it would have been almost entirely killed off by this event.

It is know that the extinction period of the Pleistocene megafauna would have contributed significantly to the downfall of any society out there that relied upon them.

I don't think it is obscene to argue that certain structures in the world we attribute to known civilizations weren't actually made by them. But by a previous and unknown culture that existed before all of that, the ones we know of simply built on top of it or reused it. Machu Picchu and the Hatun Rumiyoc are excellent examples because you can see a clear clashing of knowledge. Where contemporary and easily traceable Incan and later Spanish stonework is build directly on top of megalithic fitted stones.

So you must draw the conclusion that the Inca developed this method and at some point completely forgot about it and started using contemporary stonemasonry as we understand it today or they never understood it in the first place because they just built where they already found stuff to start with.
Keep in mind you're arguing with Chris. Which is probably very much thinking the generic low IQ thought that any explanation means the person thinks "ALIENS!" when explaining anything ancient. With him having no working knowledge of how they are carbon dating the items found in the general area, much less the awarity that those items that can be carbon dated may or may not be associated with the original civilization that built said ruins (deduced by the "google it" response). Or the very fact that carbon dating and other similar techniques start to have a margin of error that increases by a large percentage the older something is (which could be older or younger in this case.)

They very idea that there is this new generation of people outside of the establishment is proposing any ideas that have merit, any at all, shows that most everything we know about the past is based on story telling and educated theory. Both of which barely exist.

I dont think its at all out of line to think that there was a civilization(s) that was obliterated in Northern Africa (and around the world). The younger dryas period has so many antique stories of destruction around the same time frame from different unconnected civilizations - that its hard to believe that the world didnt go through some extremely destructive events back then. Regular scientists can see the increase in ocean levels in such a short time frame. To think that the world over wasnt awashed with Tsunami's, floods, etc. isnt out of line and would explain why everything thats ancient is buried several feet.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah I agree with all of that, Graham Hancock just has zero evidence for almost anything he says though.