The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So rather than being a planet that shattered, you're suggesting that Jupiter's gravity prevented it from forming correctly?

An interesting idea.
Jupiter has demonstrable effects on the belt - there are clumps at some resonances (Trojan asteroids, notably) and empty zones of the belt where any asteroid orbiting there get tugged away (Kirkwood gaps).

Shattering an already formed planet is a well-known model. For an earth-type planet, the Roche limit (where it would break the planet) for Jupiter is 1.3 million kilometers. The distance between Jupiter's orbit and the main belt (where Ceres orbits) is nearly 400 million kilometers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jupiter has demonstrable effects on the belt - there are clumps at some resonances (Trojan asteroids, notably) and empty zones of the belt where any asteroid orbiting there get tugged away (Kirkwood gaps).

Shattering an already formed planet is a well-known model. For an earth-type planet, the Roche limit (where it would break the planet) for Jupiter is 1.3 million kilometers. The distance between Jupiter's orbit and the main belt (where Ceres orbits) is nearly 400 million kilometers.

You're saying the belt is too far from Jupiter to be torn apart by it? So it could have indeed been shattered by something else?

Venus has no visible craters. that means the ground is liquefied. that also means its too fucking hot there for any life that we can imagine.

That's super interesting. The atmosphere is also very thick so it's possible any meteorites burn up entirely on entry.

Any Venusian life would be floating around in the atmosphere above the smog layer, in the 50-70 degree oxygenated layers.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You're saying the belt is too far from Jupiter to be torn apart by it? So it could have indeed been shattered by something else?
Absolutely. But if it had formed into a really solid stable planet before being blown up, it would need something truly major (and thus highly unlikely). Big, and going very fast - probably at interstellar speeds - yet hitting perfectly a smallish planet.

Earth got clobbered by a massive impactor early on, and you ended up with the big chunk called "The Moon". But Earth is 98% of the mass of the Earth-Moon system, and the chunks still orbit each other. Ceres is "only" 40% of the entire asteroid belt by mass.

All the models that have Jupiter preventing the formation of a larger planet five are far more likely than the "killer bullet".

As an aside, Scott Manley's latest video has apparently him discussing what would happen with Earth getting blown by an asteroid that got through, so I need to check it.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Venus has no visible craters. that means the ground is liquefied. that also means its too fucking hot there for any life that we can imagine.

There are craters on Venus, but only large ones as smaller impactors burn up and medium sized ones explode, with the smaller pieces then burning up, due to frictional heating as the atmosphere is 90x more dense than Earth's. Only truly massive impactors make it to the ground there and you won't find craters much smaller than a mile or so in diameter. The surface temp of Venus is around 900F, which while definitely hot isn't enough to melt rock in and of itself (this isn't to say that there isn't volcanic activity also undoing stuff similar to Earth...not sure how much more/less active it is than here).

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I suppose you could argue it’s cheaper upfront than launching more stuff into space. But I dpunt it would hold up.

I find it hard to believe any civilization advanced enough to get here would only detect or pay attention to nukes getting set off. Might as well be kids tossing M80s in a field.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hey Void Void , here's your chance my dude!

Oh my fucking God. That is my dream job. I would literally have to do nothing, because none of this stuff exists!

Sucks that it is in VA though. Maybe I can work remote and buy one of those decommissioned missile silos in the middle of Wyoming or something. All the crazy fucks I'd be managing would likely think I was doing it to avoid the alien abductions, when in reality I'm trying to avoid humans.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The speculation is Obama is possibly going to give testimony to Congress at one of the upcoming UAP hearings.
Now this nearly confirms it.
Will dropping this cast enough shade on the deep state that they can continue their reign at the ballot box? Your average American is dumb enough and so easily distracted that it just might work and keep them in power if the revelations are that strong of a distraction event for them.
I expect it to fail on its first pass, the MIC easily has enough pull to buy/intimidate nay votes for a while.
Obama Reaction GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Been waiting for a video on Indrid Cold, this should be a good one.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Been waiting for a video on Indrid Cold, this should be a good one.
is he a vampire? whats wrong with his face?
Oh my fucking God. That is my dream job. I would literally have to do nothing, because none of this stuff exists!

Sucks that it is in VA though. Maybe I can work remote and buy one of those decommissioned missile silos in the middle of Wyoming or something. All the crazy fucks I'd be managing would likely think I was doing it to avoid the alien abductions, when in reality I'm trying to avoid humans.
i dunno man, those old timey russian warheads still probably list those decommissioned silos as key targets. with Brandon smoking weed and snorting coke on top of his dementia, something is likely to pop off very soon. just work out of an old gold mine in Death Valley and nobody will ever fuck with you. the temp stays around 62 all year. no annoying bitches will want to come visit.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
is he a vampire? whats wrong with his face?

Check out the video. Basically a guy who looked more like something else LARPing as a human than an actual human, appeared in an area with a lot of UFO sightings and did some inexplicable stuff. It's a really interesting story. Also ties into the "Mothman" weirdness.

with Brandon smoking weed and snorting coke on top of his dementia, something is likely to pop off very soon. just work out of an old gold mine in Death Valley and nobody will ever fuck with you.

Kind of surprised nothing has popped off already. I've never been quite so terrified of the direction things are going, just feels like the executive branch is completely asleep at the wheel and the real people running things are feverishly grabbing at power. I'd like to think we aren't all f****ed and that there's some kind of sensible adult oversight but it's tough.

On a lighter note

1689302540970.png

Just noticed Hecklefish has human teeth.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

1689303000446.png

At first I thought a drone, but after pausing it a bunch, I don't know what the hell this is.

1689303112636.png

A bat or moth makes the most sense but I don't know why the camera would make it look all transparent like this.

The house owners should go out there while it's going on and shine a spotlight on it, solve this enigma.

Couple years ago I heard a ton of noise coming from the woods, horrible shrieking, night after night. Finally got out there while it was happening, with a spotlight, and managed to track the noise before it stopped. Turned out it was raccoons mating. Absolutely horrendous racket, sounded like otherworldly screeching. I thought someone was out there killing something. Was a relief to find out what it actually was but I never would have if I didn't go out there and blast a spotlight through the woods.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 482373
At first I thought a drone, but after pausing it a bunch, I don't know what the hell this is.

View attachment 482374
A bat or moth makes the most sense but I don't know why the camera would make it look all transparent like this.

The house owners should go out there while it's going on and shine a spotlight on it, solve this enigma.

Couple years ago I heard a ton of noise coming from the woods, horrible shrieking, night after night. Finally got out there while it was happening, with a spotlight, and managed to track the noise before it stopped. Turned out it was raccoons mating. Absolutely horrendous racket, sounded like otherworldly screeching. I thought someone was out there killing something. Was a relief to find out what it actually was but I never would have if I didn't go out there and blast a spotlight through the woods.
on really cold winter mornings around 3am i would hear the cats outside screaming. like the little fuckers were dying from the cold or something and i thought for sure i would find little catcicles in my yard. nope. its just them making booty calls and fucking like there was no tomorrow. maybe the cold gets the male cats super hard or maybe they stay together for warmth and then fucking happens. they do that in the summer too of course, but its not as intense or as often as in the winter. all i know is in the spring there are whole bunch of new cats around so i guess Mrs Cat wasnt using any protection.

that flying thing is is likely a moth. like wtf else could it be. the transparent aspect might just be due to the IR light of the camera. that woman is ridiculous for putting in a closed porch just for that reason. the lady reporter was laughing in her face.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Has to be a moth. A bat wouldn't be retarded enough to just keep flying into the window over and over.

• 1Like