The Prepper Thread

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
LifeStraws are pretty solid. Easy to use, decent price, filters a lot of water.

Went with:

For my wife and my bug out bags (long over due to put together)

For the farm

For hiking / camping

Edit: Ordered them this past weekend, the 2 mini Sawyers came in yesterday. Got replacement bladders for the 3 "straw" filters. Rest should be in today (put it on my prime day, figured I got in far enough before the real panic to just want 1 or 2 giant boxes instead of 15 small ones)

Didnt like Lifestraw, and was glad I ordered the Sawyers. Spoke with a buddy a day or so after ordering them, who is a big hiker / backpacking nut, and he recommended the Sawyers. So I felt good about it.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Wife hit full panic mode last night. She's already buying shit online and putting together shopping lists for the local stuff. I just dropped $100 at Walmart on bleach and cold medicines.

Big wigs at work just sent out an e-mail urging supervisors to start thinking about how we'll manage our employees going on full-time telework for a couple of months if the federal government decides it needs to shut down. On one hand: holy fucking over-reaction. On the other hand: no Capital Beltway driving for a few months? Woohoo!

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Wife hit full panic mode last night. She's already buying shit online and putting together shopping lists for the local stuff. I just dropped $100 at Walmart on bleach and cold medicines.

Big wigs at work just sent out an e-mail urging supervisors to start thinking about how we'll manage our employees going on full-time telework for a couple of months if the federal government decides it needs to shut down. On one hand: holy fucking over-reaction. On the other hand: no Capital Beltway driving for a few months? Woohoo!
Interesting, my agency has been meh about the whole thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, haven't seen anything yet about my people (although we're strongly anti-telework). Then again, we're incredibly reactionary to most things. The earthquake response we had was fucking pathetic. My guess is that they don't do anything at all.

We send tons of people on travel. If I were in charge of the whole thing I'd probably cancel that shit right now before the whole organization gets sick.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I GOT LIFE straws and the sawyer thing.

wife is SLOWLY coming around to MAYBE i MIGHT be correct in being prepared just in case.

just waiting on the gun permit to arrive.....wife is not against a gun perse, just..
they cost thousands
, if you are going to spend more than 500 we need to discuss this..

so i am planning on my purchases around the 500 budget- at least initially-used guns FTW.
place i am going to shop - Kittery Trading Post in Maine- supposedly has a few hundred used guns(pistol/shotgun/rifle under 500 dollars.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow, my vienna sausage order got delayed on amazon... that is pretty huge for amazon to delay canned meats.

time to stock up fellas

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wow, my vienna sausage order got delayed on amazon... that is pretty huge for amazon to delay canned meats.

time to stock up fellas

A bunch of my stuff was also delayed, most of it now sold out, and Amazon seems to have instituted some harsh quantity limits on just about everything.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A bunch of my stuff was also delayed, most of it now sold out, and Amazon seems to have instituted some harsh quantity limits on just about everything.
note for amazon there are two separate shipping, amazon regular with prime and all that, and amazon pantry where you can subscribe ON TOP OF amazon prime to order most groceries (toiltries, etc) or get 35$ for free shipping.

manage those two if you shop online often, i can also elaborate more if needed

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
note for amazon there are two separate shipping, amazon regular with prime and all that, and amazon pantry where you can subscribe ON TOP OF amazon prime to order most groceries (toiltries, etc) or get 35$ for free shipping.

manage those two if you shop online often, i can also elaborate more if needed

It’s all Prime Pantry stuff.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have several grain bins that I never use anymore. I wonder what it would cost to fill one with beans and one with rice.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Spent $100 at walmart, though $40 of that was brand new underwear, socks and undershirts. Assuming utilities arent disrupted I have enough food for a month at a minimum. Looking around everything was stocked at normal levels aside from maybe bottled water but that may have just been because they had a lot of it at the entrance.

Underrated place for supplies are dollar stores. Even walmart being as cheap as it is at least here is beat by the dollar store on a number of products.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
IF any medical supplies are in short supply over the next month, what would you expect them to be? I'm going to pick up a bunch of children's tylenol and vitamins today, not sure what else to get. I don't normal take stuff or see the doctor for the flue

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Alcohol, bleach, ibuprofen, acetaminophen

• 3Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I have been thinking in terms of "could we just pre-buy enough of the canned/non-perishable foods we have and use those from pantry and ergo always have an <XXX> month supply of essentials." Here's a website I found handy.

Let's you know how to really understand those "best by" dates and what foods are good and for how long, after those dates.

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
What Brekk said plus syrup or tablets with guaiphenesin (to get the slime out of the lungs) and dextrometorphan (cough control) are likely to fly off the shelves when that shit kicks off. Preferably not both on the same medication because you're likely to want one without the other at different times.

If you have prescriptions best to have spares of that ahead of time too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
IF any medical supplies are in short supply over the next month, what would you expect them to be? I'm going to pick up a bunch of children's tylenol and vitamins today, not sure what else to get. I don't normal take stuff or see the doctor for the flue