The Prepper Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
General rule of thumb is you want 6-7x the solar as your AH as well in sunny areas, up to 10-12 in more northern areas with less reliable sun if you are making a system you want to use full time. Soo ~650 watts solar for a 100 AH battery you are draining to 50%. A lot of factors work into this number, but following that rule most people will be okay.

Lifepo batteries are the ideal solar system battery by a long ways if you're gonna use your system a lot, but you're probably better going more and cheap setting up quick if you don't plan on constant use.

Goonsquad Officer
Man last night my back yard deer feeder had 6 deer. It made prepper me very happy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Make sure you have plenty of salt to cure some of that meat, an outdoor smoker is not hard to set up, either, but harder to disguise.

Goonsquad Officer
Yea my dad is a lifetime bow hunter. I need to get advice from him about what I need to store

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I’m not a prepper, but Italy quarantining the entire county was a head turner. I’m a bit of a minimalist by nature, so prepping/hoarding is not my default setting.

Any fohbros got some pointers for a solid premade go bag? I figured I could start there, and work myself up to the whole guns n ammo in a bunker thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not a prepper, but Italy quarantining the entire county was a head turner. I’m a bit of a minimalist by nature, so prepping/hoarding is not my default setting.

Any fohbros got some pointers for a solid premade go bag? I figured I could start there, and work myself up to the whole guns n ammo in a bunker thing.

if you live somewhere where your only survival choice is to "bug out" vs isolating and guarding your property, you're already dead

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the helpful post, douchebag.
It's true.

For a bugout bag: A pot to cook things, something to start fires and water filtration are the main concerns of any bugout bag, and they're useful to preppers. A revolver should be a high priority as well. Very simple to use and maintain. In this current situation, food and water should have priority. You want calorie dense foods with proteins. Pasta, rice, beans, nuts, meat with long storage life, ala spam and summer sausage.

Rice should be the first thing you buy. It's extremely cheap for the calories it gives. Peanut butter is another extremely cheap to calorie food. Pasta costs more than rice, but it's a good choice. I advise learning how to cook pasta with minimal moisture content. You can cook it slowly in grease or at temps just below boiling.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users