The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All I'm asking is that you do your book-informed wondering in the thread for book-informed wondering and not in the virgin thread with people who don't want your taint in their eyes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TSA ! No but if you're wearing something from someone you barely know at the wedding of the freaking king you kind of inspect it or touch it or whatever...
To be fair they rushed the whole Sansa and the fool storyline in the show. I've only read books 1 and 2 and she was talking with the fool in the gods wood in book 2. We're now on season 4 and she finally had interaction with him.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
faggotry.

I hope it's obvious enough from my posts in the spoiler thread that I have a true disdain for the printed version of this story. When Jeff used the sword to cut the cake thing I thought to myself, "I wonder how many birds he just killed". And then they showed -- he killed 2.

You guys need to step back and realize GRRM is not the New Tolkien. He's barely the new Robert Jordan.
So you don't like the books because they didn't tell you how many doves got sliced by his sword when cutting a pie.

ok.

Man I wonder how many horses died in the battle of blackwater bay. Why didn't the show tell me this? Piece of shit show!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha wormie is stupid.

And again, Margaery loses all her power with the death of Joffrey. Cersei would be Queen Regent while Tommen comes of age. At least I think that's how it works... unless Margaery plans on humping that little porker as well? What is he, 8?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Haha wormie is stupid.

And again, Margaery loses all her power with the death of Joffrey. Cersei would be Queen Regent while Tommen comes of age. At least I think that's how it works... unless Margaery plans on humping that little porker as well? What is he, 8?
You call me stupid and then support what I said? You must be fucking retarded.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You are hereby banished from this thread.
Haha wormie is stupid.

Eddard_1x01.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
um this is the no spoiler thread right? so why did someone post the link that spoils who and how they killed Joffrey?

and why are you guys still debating it for 3 more pages when the answer has already been spoiled? you guys are that hardcore?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
um this is the no spoiler thread right? so why did someone post the link that spoils who and how they killed Joffrey?

and why are you guys still debating it for 3 more pages when the answer has already been spoiled? you guys are that hardcore?
The No spoilers thing refers to using any future events or extra details fromthe books. In this thread we only discuss the TV show, as a stand alone thing.

So dissecting the sequence of events of this week's show, even in minute detail is okay.
- - - - -
Who's to say that the poster with the Imgur sequence simply just is trolling in his forum and photoshopped the 7th Gem out of the screen grab of Sansa??

Nearly 500,000 views of that Imgur page so well done if that's the case.

Also nets to the tad10 reference earlier! Made me laugh.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Despite all the hints from book readers about Daenarys storyline being kind of boring through multiple books, she keeps having some of the most badass scenes.
While I like to read this thread I try to stay out of it as much as possible. You may consider this pussy shit but it's a story about the publication of the books, not the actual stories contained within them so hopefully it will clear up the matter.

The current season being aired is the latter half of book 3 "A Storm of Swords" which is anything but boring. In fact for those of you who wish to remain unspoiled, I'd suggest after this season finishes airing to read books 1-3 because they are so good.

The problem people have with the latter books is that it took 5 years after book 3 was released for book 4 to be released, in which the author had decided to split the stories, not chronologically, but by location. Thus book 4 was "here's what happens after book 3 ends in and around King's Landing". It was then another 6 year wait until book 5 was finally released, which was "here's what happened after book 3 everywhere else". Thus it was an 11 year wait to find out what happened to characters such as Dany after book 3. So it's not so much that her storyline being boring for multiple books, its that her storyline was non-existent for 11 god damn years. Around 2/3 of the way through book 5, the timelines catch up and he interweaves more chapters from the book 4 characters into book 5.

Obviously the contents of that book is major pussy shit so I won't devulge them, but hopefully you understand where the problem book readers have came from.

Szlia

[an interesting post about the structure and timing of the books]
The problem with Dany's storyline is that she conveniently fails upward, get allies because of her good looks or have her opponents quickly fall on their sword. This is not very interesting and it is also only allowed to continue because somehow, after an assassin from Westeros failed to kill her, no other attempt was ever made, which is also pretty convenient. Her storyline still has its moments here and there though, but had I read the books I would have been more pissed off to get a whole new book filled to the brim with her 'adventures' than to have lost sight of her for 11 years. In a story packed with interesting characters, she is not one of them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sylas I know you're just trying to help show-watchers understand things and none of the shit you posted was a spoiler, but that's explicitly what show watchers don't want when they go into a thread designed for show-only information.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also I disagree about Dany's story not being interesting, I've rather been enjoying her story as of late.

Hell I'd rather watch her story than Sansa's.

iannis

Musty Nester
So you don't like the books because they didn't tell you how many doves got sliced by his sword when cutting a pie.

ok.

Man I wonder how many horses died in the battle of blackwater bay. Why didn't the show tell me this? Piece of shit show!
See, I'm not sure if its the books themselves that rot your brain or if you have to have a pre-existing condition to actually think they're anything more than mediocre Conan stories... but stuff like this. You have to actually try to miss the point that far.