The Shannara Chronicles

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It has been over 30 years since I read that one but I'm pretty sure I cried too. I definitely didn't see that end coming as a kid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elfstones is by far my favorite Shannara book and one of my favorite books period. The best part of the book to me was actually Stee Jans and the Legion Free Corps, especially the bit near the end where the tattered remnants of the Free Corps hold the top of the Elfitch alone as the rest of the army withdraws to reform around the Gardens of Life. Also, any time I'm playing a video game where you have to name a dog I name it Drifter. Stee Jans and Garth are my two favorite characters out of all of the books.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the battle was my favorite part as well. And Steel was the man. I was also always pretty partial as a kid to garret Jax and cogline.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Garret Jax was such a badass that any possible tv iteration can only be a letdown.

Jarex

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was so sad that Garet Jax was taken when I started playing EQ, thus Jarex was born

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, he was kinda one dimensional and boring. Hey I'm the strong silent type who is such a badass that I can kill a Jachyra with nothing more than my martial prowess even though it's something Allanon could barely manage with his druid powers.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe but ad a 12 yo boy you don't go that deap you stop at whoa he is such a bad ass cool

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only read the first 3 or 4 pages of the thread, but for those of you who were saying the Rift War saga would be good, I agree. However, I also think that the followup Daughter of the Empire trilogy was the far better series and would be hella cool to make. (maybe a followup series if the riftwar was made)

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Last nights episode is the worst of the lot so far. What we've learned: Elf guards can't guard for shit. The main characters sure get captured a lot.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It's been a while, but wasn't there a group sent to help during the Demon war as well as a group of humans?

Column_sl

shitlord
Anyone still watching this? They are up to episode 6.

I like cheesy 90's fantasy so I'm still enjoying it. That Chaos Demon Knight was pretty cool.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
shit is lame as fuck so far. Was cool for like ep1 and ep2. Lost all interest after that elf in keep episode on the side of a mountain.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Still watching... but there's been a quality drop and that last episode felt more like an episode from legend of the seeker.
Hopefully it picks up again.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
How many episodes are in an MTV season? Guessing 10-12? The pacing keeps going from way too slow to way too fast. It's awkward. If there are that many demons out, shouldn't the tree be almost bare?
I still enjoy it and look forward to watching each week.

Column_sl

shitlord
I bet its more then 12. the preview they did after the 4th episode showed a lot of shit that we haven't seen, and were already at episode 6.

Column_sl

shitlord
Also anyone notice that amberle had nothing wrong with her after the torture scene. I assumed that guy was pulling her fingernails out by the way that contraption was set up, but when they rescued her there was nothing wrong with her hand.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching it and this show is fucking awful. I don't mind the Twilight style terrible romance bullshit, but what the fuck is with all these wild ass departures from the books? And honestly I think Slanter is the worst one. SLANTER IS FROM FUCKING WISHSONG NOT ELFSTONES. This latest episode makes it very clear that they're replacing Amantar with Slanter and instead of having an army of rock trolls show up out of nowhere to help the elves, it will be an army of gnomes. Which doesn't make much difference, except when you changed the Dagda Mor from a demon to a druid corrupted by the Ildatch, you made it pretty clear that you're planning to do Wishsong if Elfstones does ok, so who the fuck are you going to stick in Slanter's spot?

When they fuck up Drifter or just plain leave him out, and I'm pretty sure at this point that they're going to, I'm straight up going to murder every single one of the writers for this fucking abomination.

Oh and I finally figured out why Wil seems so familiar. He's the assassin trying to get in Thea's pants during season 3 of Arrow. Maybe that was already posted earlier in the thread.

Ganthorn

N00b
Also anyone notice that amberle had nothing wrong with her after the torture scene. I assumed that guy was pulling her fingernails out by the way that contraption was set up, but when they rescued her there was nothing wrong with her hand.
I thought he was stretching her fingers like pulling on them. I didn't notice any fingernail stuff.