The Shannara Chronicles

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, in the books I kinda assume one or two thousand years went by between the Great Wars and the events of the original Shannara trilogy.

Finding a two thousand years old gun in working condition is far-fetched.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think someone flat out said in the series that it has been more like 3-4k years. And that the forbidding is over 100k years old, so how the FUCK did the Dagda Mor get inside the forbidding if they changed him to be a corrupted druid instead of a demon?

*edit*

So yeah I'm caught up now. Handguns. God this show is awful. This abomination being wrought out of one of my favorite books of all time fills me with so much wrath that if someone plopped the seventh seal down in front of me I'd shatter that sumbitch without hesitation. Let the entire world burn for the sins of these writers.

Still better than Legends of Tomorrow though.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Did the Federation have guns in Heritage or am I mixing that up with the flash forwards in WoT?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There were no guns in any of the post-great wars books until his latest trilogy, but I haven't read it and it's another 100 years in the future beyond the High Druid trilogy, so it's entirely possible that they've invented primitive firearms rather than discovering pre-war relics.

I'm now certain they're going to cram all that's left into the last two episodes. With everything that they've cut there isn't nearly enough material left to drag it out a second season unless they go even farther than full retard on making stuff up out of thin air, but there's enough stuff left that it should be 3-4 episodes, not 2. I think, despite it barely seeming possible at this point, the show will continue to get worse with every remaining episode. I guess it's better to get a shitty full story rather than shitty story that's abruptly cut off when the show gets cancelled so hard that Firefly comes back to life.

I really wish Terry Brooks was going to be at a con relatively close to me just so I could ask him why he broke my heart, but so far the closest I can find that he's going to be in the next 4-5 months is Montana.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Just watched episode 8. Jesus tap dancing christ. Should have known beings this is MTV, but come on. The only part I liked was them hating Spock because they thought he was an elf lol. But that's not enough to make up for the sins. When is Hollywood going to understand is that we want this shit to be as close to the source as possible. Exact will hardly ever happen, but I needs to be closer than this.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't care that it doesn't follow the book particularly closely if the stuff they'd added in wasn't complete garbage.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I get that too... but when you make Genewen a fucking dinosaur?! And this shit with Bandon is odd. Kid better get his head crushed by a demon next episode. Kind of screws up Walker Boh. Guess it doesn't matter, doubt we'll see a second season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See changing Roc's from giant eagles to giant who the fuck knows what doesn't really bug me because it doesn't actually affect the story. Genewen can still take them to the Wilderun and then rescue them from Safehold.

Oh and I bet Safehold is gonna be a bomb shelter. With stained glass windows for some reason.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It bugs me because she a Roc. And Rocs are giant hawks/eagles. It's not like it's some random thing Brooks came up with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Episode 9 really is one of the better episodes of the series considering what they've cut/changed to this point. I mean at this point it's too late to add any more of their own made up bullshit, so they're just sprinting for the finale and MTV will likely be glad to wash their hands of this mess. Since the Reaper is already dead they made the confrontation in the Bloodfire room be with Mallenroh and Morag, so Ep 10 will be Wil using the Elfstones to get them to safety (permanently changing himself to set up the Wishsong being passed on to Brin and Jair, although obviously there won't be any more Shannara episodes), Perk will show up and fly them to Arborlon where the Elves are fighting against the demons with the help of Amantar and the Rock Trolls. I mean Drifter and the Gnomes. Amberle becomes the Ellcrys, Wil cries, Eretria takes him to bed and gets knocked up with Brin, Allanon says some wise but gloomy things and returns to the Druid sleep.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It's bittersweet. Happy it was made, sad it strayed from the source. There were so many great things it did. Didn't like Allanon at first but he's my favorite now. She's super hot, but show needed less Eretria and more of the love of Wil and Amberle. I feel like her loss isn't going to have the same effect because of the love triangle.
Prediction for the finale: Bandon will become a full vessel of the Dagda Mor and will attempt to kill Amberle only to be Elfstoned by Wil.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bandon definitely wins the 'most pointless random bullshit that was not from the book' award.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it had actually led to a rape-murder instead of being a giant cocktease, I'd be happier with it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Maybe there might be a season 2. TLDR, it's exceed expectations and the streaming numbers aren't being counted yet. We'll see.
Shows that we're probably not the right demographic if we're so critical of it...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exceeds expectations? What the fuck were the expectations? And that's Brooks on the set chatting with Wil and Amberle, I'm not at all surprised that pigfucker was actively involved and not just getting a courtesy title.