The Shannara Chronicles

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Lot of death and shit this epsiode. My Boy Crixus better not be dead. But yeah the show is bad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well if they kill Allanon they can't really do Wishsong unless they're turning him into a spirit early. Which would be yet another dumb and pointless departure from the books. And no it definitely looked like pointless and inane crazy torturer trope guy had those wires clipped to her fingernails, but he didn't really have much time before the girl let Wil into the room.

But seriously, they cut all sorts of stuff from the book, I get that you have to do that whenever you turn a book into a show or a movie, but they cut stuff from the book to make room for random crazy torturer guy who just happens to be living at the Pykon? As if the Reaper stalking them through the Pykon murdering the home guard one by one wasn't scary enough? I mean the Amberle part of the episode was literally nothing but filler, and they're only 6 episodes in.

The Reaper doesn't look even remotely like what he should look like...but he's probably the best looking effect on the show so I don't mind.

*edit*

And what in the good god damn fuck was the point of changing Katsin from one of Amberle's guards from Arborlon into their planned guide through the Wilderun only to kill him off without Amberle ever even meeting him?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bet its more then 12. the preview they did after the 4th episode showed a lot of shit that we haven't seen, and were already at episode 6.
10 episodes, and apparently even MTV is aware how terrible this show is. They've inserted a ~month hiatus between episodes 8 and 9 and are dumping the final two episodes on Saturdays.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
10 episodes, and apparently even MTV is aware how terrible this show is. They've inserted a ~month hiatus between episodes 8 and 9 and are dumping the final two episodes on Saturdays.
Ouch, sucks that this garbage was we got out of the books.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why couldn't they have just taken the story straight from the book, glossed over the army vs army scenes if they needed to save the cgi budget which I assume was always the plan, and then inserted their Twilightisms to it? It really says something when the awkward teen romancy stuff is the least terrible thing about the show.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
To be honest, Elfstones is the only Shannara book I can vaguely remember. Sword doesn't count because it is just LotR, but I'll be dammed if I don't remember more than the major brush stroke of Wishsong, and even less than that of Heritage.

Episodes 3 and 4 got the show on track... kind of, but it's going downhill. I'll finish out the series though. Fills my Wednesday lunch break.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to watching it and this show is fucking awful. I don't mind the Twilight style terrible romance bullshit, but what the fuck is with all these wild ass departures from the books? And honestly I think Slanter is the worst one. SLANTER IS FROM FUCKING WISHSONG NOT ELFSTONES. This latest episode makes it very clear that they're replacing Amantar with Slanter and instead of having an army of rock trolls show up out of nowhere to help the elves, it will be an army of gnomes. Which doesn't make much difference, except when you changed the Dagda Mor from a demon to a druid corrupted by the Ildatch, you made it pretty clear that you're planning to do Wishsong if Elfstones does ok, so who the fuck are you going to stick in Slanter's spot?

When they fuck up Drifter or just plain leave him out, and I'm pretty sure at this point that they're going to, I'm straight up going to murder every single one of the writers for this fucking abomination.

Oh and I finally figured out why Wil seems so familiar. He's the assassin trying to get in Thea's pants during season 3 of Arrow. Maybe that was already posted earlier in the thread.
Eek I've not read the books yet, but have always intended to. Lol your rant really made me laugh though, A+, would read again.

I dunno, I don't think it's THAT terrible. Maybe that's because as soon as I saw MTV my expectations were very low. Manu Bennet makes it all worth it for me. When he did the Skyrim shout I got wet.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It isn't great, but it is better than Legends of Tomorrow
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As awful as it is, I'll still watch every single episode, so I hope it doesn't end up being a 1 and done. I love elfstones :-/

Malkav

French Madman
+1 with Gavinmad.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SKIPPING THINGS FROM THE BOOK IF IT'S JUST TO FUCKING ADD SOME STUPID THINGS YOU PULLED OUT OF YOUR ASS?

SLANTER? MOTHERFUCKING REALLY? AND THE CHANGELING TAKING THE PLACE OF THE KING? FUCK ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT?

Oh, and yeah, the only reason to watch Shadowhunters is the babes. God I want to kill emo vampire friendzoned bff and the lame ass gay brother.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The shark has been jumped (and possibly fucked in any orifice available). Will continue watching anyway.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Why did I click on this before watching the episode?

Are you fucking kidding me, handguns?
Yeah.

He traded an entire season's harvest for a pistol but apparently he shits bullets like Tywin Lannister shits gold.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just curious, because I don't read the books for this one. Why wouldn't they have access to scavenged guns? It's just earth..

They even explained in that episode there were certain places that were preserved from the past

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just curious, because I don't read the books for this one. Why wouldn't they have access to scavenged guns? It's just earth..

They even explained in that episode there were certain places that were preserved from the past
Well they went full retard in the show on all this shit being left over from before the Great Wars. In Sword of Shannara the company took a wrong turn and got too close to a pre-war city where Shea and Flick were almost killed, and then several hundred years later in the Voyage trilogy they encounter a facility controlled by a pre-war AI (probably first shown in one of the prequel books). Aside from that and the knowledge of the sciences preserved by the survivors of Brona's massacre of the Druid council, there was no pre-war stuff. I mean if a war is so goddamn cataclysmic that it actually rearranges the geography of the world, you aren't going to just walk past the easily identifiable remains of a helicopter thousands of years later.

But yeah I guess it's vaguely believable in the MTV version of the Four Lands that guns would have survived, it's far from the dumbest thing about the show. Turns out I'm actually an episode behind, just finished 7 so I haven't actually seen the handguns yet.