The "Shit I just bought" thread

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Damn I was really hoping this thermostat problem would end in a success story or the house blowing up. Shitty ending.

• 1Supertaster
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought all the stuff I needed to start making mead at home. Hopefully this will be drinkable by the end of the year.

f1bqnbd.jpg

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Looks good! Super cloudly, it should have some punch if that's coming from the yeast.

My wife loves making mead. She has regular, hopped, lavender, and earl grey on to go at the moment.

Regular on the right, mosaic hopped on the left.
DSC_0029_zpsjjphv8cs.jpg

Earl grey and lavender in the front. 2 strawberry wines that have been going since 2015 behind. Kombucha on the left with raspberry liquor behind.
DSC_0030_zpscqg4wzne.jpg

If you have any mead making questions I can ask her.

Last edited:
  • 1Quality Calories

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That was right after I threw everything in the carboys and shook them up for a bit to aerate them. Left is a cyser, right is a traditional. I figure that if this goes well, I'll scale up to 5 gallon batches of recipes I have figured out and use the 1 gallons for experiments.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been interested in making my own mead as well. Mead was everywhere in Ohio but seems super scarce in Southern California.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you guys check out this amazon dash wand? it's on sale for 20bucks now, but you get 20bucks credit once you register it. it's basically a personal barcode scanner for for you run out of food n shit, or speak to it like alexa.

you also get 3 months of amazonfresh, gonna try this at my new place since i'll have less "fresher" options.

I mean it's essentially free with the 20bucks credit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Every time I see one of those things I have a fantasy about cooking pancakes outdoors for 50 people but since that isn't a situation I tend to find myself in, I haven't bought one.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just bought a curved 65 inch LG 4K OLED tv with Dolby Vision. Watched John Wick 2 on it to break it in.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
are you gonna use flaxseed oil to season it, process would be different for a big grill i'm sure, don't forget you HAVE to get
100% flaxseed oil
I generally flavor it the first time with vegetable oil and bacon grease for cast iron and did the same practice this morning on the grill. After ever use I rub Crisco on it after cleaned.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time I see one of those things I have a fantasy about cooking pancakes outdoors for 50 people but since that isn't a situation I tend to find myself in, I haven't bought one.
Nice! I have the same dream and it came true this morning as I cooked a full course of eggs, bacon and hashbrowns for 5 people. I cannot wait to throw some steaks on this bad boy.

• 1Like