The "Shit I just bought" thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just curious, after using a bidet, how do you guys dry up down there? While it's been sprayed with water, I still don't want any towels touching it.
Then you have to get the more advanced Jap ones w/ the hot air. Otherwise 3 squares is enough to get left over water.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Then you have to get the more advanced Jap ones w/ the hot air. Otherwise 3 squares is enough to get left over water.

So you need two water lines and 240V running to your toilet? Maybe I'll stick with paper

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So you need two water lines and 240V running to your toilet? Maybe I'll stick with paper

No, I have two ToTo Bidets as well as a Kohler bidet toilet, so I am a die hard fan of automated ass/pussy cleaning. You do need a 120v outlet near the toilet (easily installed by an electrician), but the bidets use a T adapter off the water line to draw water, while the full toilet model installs as normal (still needs an outlet though).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you take the cold water from your toilet line and the hot water you tap from your sink.

You only need electricity if you want to move up to heated seat/blow dryer.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My new helmet-less Reinhardt...
Reinhardt.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
you take the cold water from your toilet line and the hot water you tap from your sink.

You only need electricity if you want to move up to heated seat/blow dryer.

Wouldnt you need to run the water a bit before it gets warm or do houses in CO just suck because most homes I've been in, the warm takes a while to reach you unless sink is first in line from the water heater.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the same thing, so the model I bought does not stream/record 24/7 and only when there is motion will it turn on. My friend who showed me his yesterday says he went almost 6 months before replacing the batteries, and on top of that these (Costco) came with rechargeable lithium batteries and are changed out within seconds.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I need a bed as my current one is at the end of its life. What's the best way to go about getting a new one?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I need a bed as my current one is at the end of its life. What's the best way to go about getting a new one?

I would hit up all the stores (including the newer ones like Brooklyn bedding and tuft and needle) and try them all out first. You can probably find deals online and elsewhere but I would definitely try before you buy.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
People are going to disagree with me, but I'm pretty sure 90% of mattresses is just marketing. It's a soft pad to sleep on. My brother and sister in law have been buying those $300 king mattresses off of Amazon and people that stay with them all say they are awesome.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
what product do you use 6+ hours every day of your life for the next 10 years? if anything justifies the cost, it's a matress

that said, companies know this logic and feel they can charge a metric fuckton for them now. about 8 years ago, we got one of those mattresses that one person can sleep on and the other can do jumping jacks. my wife moves a ton in her sleep, so we wanted something that would help me sleep though. it doesn't prevent her from pulling the covers enough to roll me over, so it wasn't a complete fix.

give it's age, it's no longer flat. there's 2 dips where you can see we've been sleeping for years. i'm of the opinion that it might be better to get the cheapest memory foam style mattress w/ the intent to replace it every 5 years or so, instead of a more expensive model that you hope to keep for 20.